Dungeon Rarity brings all the boys to the yard! 😂

Part 14 of my posts to try and get D4 improved. I am going to post one-three ideas per day for a month then post a table of contents at the end. Hopefully these can gain some upvotes and dev attention or comment! I was going to just do one post but it would have been way too big. Please upvote and keep it positive guys!!

DUNGEONs now have rarities:
Common (white sigil): No change. Same as ones we have now.
Magic (blue sigil): 10% more monster. Completion chest in the dungeon has 5 extra magic items.
Rare (yellow sigil): 20% more monsters. Completion chest in the dungeon has 5 extra rare items and gold. 1 more set of elites.
Legendary (orange sigil): 35% more monsters. Completion chest in the dungeon has at least 1 extra legendary item, extra gold, and extra parts. 2 more sets of elites.
Mythic (purple sigil): 60% more monsters. Completion chest in the dungeon has at least 1 extra unique item, extra gold, extra parts, and extra rare potions. 4 more sets of elites.

IF my nightmare dungeon system is used then more rare dungeons could have more positive affixes or chance at more rare affixes.

Thanks for reading and as always be happy, backtracking be gone, and may you get a +4 all skill Shako!

2 Likes

Since I play POE and Undecember. This is needed SO Bad. The endgame content on d4 is lacking badly. Makes we want to go play POE or Undecember as the endgame is so much better.

1 Like

Strongly agreed, sigils of different rarities is the way forward.
I’d prefer if the rarities meant more than just more elites and drops, but I guess it would be a start.

Like, make the highest rarity sigils be actual hand crafted story dungeons, with a quest, a true campaign like boss fight etc. Might even just reuse some of the campaign stuff. Capstone dungeons is another example of what to aim for.

Still with random modifiers too of course.

In any case, the rarer sigils should be rewarding enough, and rare enough, that players wanted to do them, even if it was a suboptimal dungeon or modifiers.
Normal sigils are too common to make the system work.

1 Like

Thx for kind words guys!

Actually, having the dungeons spawn with different “rarities” would add for interesting gameplay, as it would entice you to try and run different dungeons than normal, just for the bonuses. Coupled with the nightmare dungeon mechanics, it could definitely add something positive to the game. Good idea!

2 Likes

Could even further expand and have chance like POE for unique named dungeons to drop like one that is all treasure chests, one only with elites, one with 8 bosses, ect. Thx for comment.