Player Retention, Will you be back in Season 2?

Number 8 is perfection.
An unkillable bowling bear. Growl! :slight_smile:

:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue: :sweat_smile: ohhk I’ll notify the virtual authorites just in case

Because the end game is fundementally broken, and no new season is going to fix it. It’s going to take an expansion. Maybe even that won’t fix it.

I’ll check back after the expansion drops. If it seems worth the $$, I will jump back in.

I feel like a lot of people are on the fence right now, myself included. So far what has been shared is promising but there is still a lot of unknowns right now. I think if the 1.2 update is really good you’ll see a lot of players return but if it doesn’t address the core issues, a lot of people will drop the game completely till the expansion.

Ill be back to check out season 2, QoL fixes, see if charged bolt aspects work, play a new character until I get bored.

Pros: Graphics

Missing or needs change / addition:

Table of Contents
x1. Improvements, Fixes, QoL = 30 Improvements, Fixes, QoL
x2. Calendar = Calendar System Makes Happy Eyeballs 👁
x3. Companion App = Diablo 4 Mobile Companion App
x4. Paragon Stones = Paragon Stones give spinach muscled arms!
x5. Obol Vendor = Obol Vendor becomes a conglomerate!
x6. Build Safezone = Build your own Safezone and gain bonuses with components!
x7. FLEX = NEW FLEX affix is approved by Arnold Schwarzenegger
x8. Shrines = Expanded Shrine System gives better mojo ⛪
x9. Set Items = Set items get Deckard Cain to stay awhile and listen
x10. Treasure Gremlin = Treasure Gremlins are pregnant with goblins!
x11. Empowerment Levels = Empowerment levels gives players purpose at LV 100!
x12. Nightmare Dungeon Affixes = Nightmare Dungeon Affixes can git gud with this updated system! 👍
x13. ChallengeDungeons = Challenge Dungeons make you git gud!
x14. Dungeon Rarity = Dungeon Rarity brings all the boys to the yard!
x15. Legendry Glyphs = Legendary Glyphs make pp into PP
x16. New Helltides = This Updated Helltide system has chance for hell to freeze over. 👿
x17. Eternal Game Modes = NEW Eternal Game Modes are a spicy meatball! 🧆
x18. Events = Event Rarity Makes People Borat I am Excite! 💖
x19. Primals = Octimus Primals! 🕗
x20. Crafting = Why did you Make like a Crafting Skill Tree and 🥬 this out!
x21. Reputation Crafters = Reputation Vendors / Crafters are a Hikaru Juicer 🧃
x22. Gems = He went to Jared to get this Gems upgrade! 💎
x23. Upgraded Occulist = Occulist covets your gems and is not Adam Sandler
x24. Nexus = Live long and prosper with Nexus. New content for high level players. 🖖
x25. Sage Vendor = The NEW Sage Vendor turns your duds into thuds! 😱
x26. DPS dummies = We Need some Mmmm Crash Test Dummies 🪆
x27. Blessing Vendor = Bless me Vendor for I want to sin. 🙅‍♂️

I moved on from this game about 3 weeks after release. It was obvious management and devs had no idea what they were doing.

With an odd sense of morbid reflection I come to the forums every now and then to see the majority of the community reluctantly accepting the sorry and pathetic state diablo and blizzard have become

2 Likes

I still think D4 is hot garbage and linger in the forums

2 Likes

I like the side quests, some are genuinely pretty cool. I just wish I can find the ones not on the map.

The core gameplay is just too boring, unless that’s reworked heavily I wont be back. Nightmare dungeons are boring as hell. There’s too many fun games out there atm to waste time on D4.

2 Likes

have you tried d4armory ? Google that if you havent

I tried but I got nothing. Maybe because I’m on mobile. But I assume this is a site that tells you all about your character so far?

I’ll play. I only play D4 about 4 hours a week. I have much more important things going on then gaming . When season comes out I’ll up that most likely to an hour maybe two a day cause season hype . New class I haven’t play before.
But outside of leaderboards missing I’m pretty content with game overall
Most of the 8 hour a day ppl complaining I think have unrealistic expectations. No Dev can keep up with u if U play that long really.
Even wow would dry up eventually

2 Likes

Its an interactive map that shows all the

Waypoints
Dungeons
Altars of Lilith
Cellars
Helltide Chests
Events
Side Quests

d4armorty. then right after the .put " io "

As of the state of the game and predicted updates. No.

Blizzard actually sent me email asking me to submit open time slots to have a zoom call… then 2 days later cancelled.

Absolute and total disorganization.

See ya’ll in 2024.

quit a while ago, literally uninstalled just now to clear space and clicked on the forums button, just to see how bad it’s been.

for me there’s a lot of issues but some of the basics for me - there’s no diablo, no itemization, no endgame, no replay value

been playing BG3, a more complete game

No. The quality of life stuff is nice, but I think they need to start addressing core issues as to why player retention is not so good (like itemization and super repetitive gameplay now that Nightmare dungeons are basically the only valid leveling / play option at many points in your progress)

I’m still in act one of Baldur’s Gate 3, just purchased Phantom Liberty, and have a house sale, some trade shows and a ton of other life things lined up for this Fall.

See you in future seasons (if the developers wake up and start recognizing problem areas, I hope)

2 Likes

Yes I’ll be back, because I’m having fun.

1 Like

What would bring me back?

• The game needs to be fun
  • Better itemized loot
  • more dungeon variety ( like procedurally generated dungeons like every other Diablo game)
  • Make classes fun.
  • Enjoyable combat and encounters
  • More enemy and boss variety
  • Higher loot drop rates
  • item sets
  • build the story better. Flesh it out. Make us relevant
  • more stash storage
  • better improved UI
  • class build freedom and diversity
  • zoom out option
  • the map is boring and feels small
  • end game content, like bounties, rifts, ability to kill a boss as many times as we want
  • global chat system
  • better and bigger talent / ability trees with more options and more freedom
  • pets and minions need their own fleshed out talent trees
  • mix D2 talent/build trees with D3 rune system.
  • FFS Nude Succubi. This is a Diablo game after all. The devs need to stop being Pu$$13$ about censorship to appease the easily triggered and sensitive. If u wanna make them happy too, have a censor toggle on/off option to hide the adult stuff. They shouldnt be playing Diablo if they are that sensitive anyways

Basically bring the best of what made D1(horror, gritty, mystery, and story) D2(RPG and build diversity/combinations) D3(fast paced action, rich end game content esp with seasons, item sets, and loot pinatas) and mash it all into D4.

3 Likes

I see. even though I followed the instructions I still get a private profile message. maybe when it works out it might tell me what I’m missing.