The new seasonal "trap" dungeons

They are pretty neat. Be nice if every single new dungeon wasn’t this trap theme, I think maybe you overloaded the idea on that one, but overall the are pretty neat. Perhaps rotate them into the normal dungeons going forward?

So far the only affix that actually makes them any harder at all seems to be drifting shade. Really to be honest it’s not only the only one that makes it any harder, it’s the one I just scrap the key if I get new trap dungeon + drifting shade Other than that, pretty trivial per usual.

Decent season so far imo, then again only have 2 others to compare it against :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh the season complainers will arrive in t minus….

1 Like

This would have had a much bigger impact on competitiveness if the Vaults had a fixed amount of mistakes when you entered… Instead of allowing you to just plow 80 bajillion items In the thing and just ignore the mechanic altogether.

If it was just like… Boom here’s 10 mistakes you can make… Chests at the end with 1 left, 5 left and 10 left, offering better loot with your performance… Now we got a trap dungeon.

Could have also had some special mobs or events that grant you extra mistakes when killed or completed. Boom I fixed vaults

They aren’t. Nightmare Dungeons still exist. Go do those.

For Vaults - that’s their theme. Do them or not. The only “forced” Vault is Malphas, and that’s if you desire the two unique stones.

1 Like

Tell me you didn’t play when S3 was released without telling me…

At the beginning of the season, you only gained 3 Wards for 1 Pearl. Which means if you wanted the end-dungeon chests, you’d have to burn at least 6 Pearls with perfect play per dungeon. Realistically, it was 10 pearls per dungeon.

1 Like

Wtf point are u even trying to make? U can still negate the mechanic at the beginning… Just remove the need to use a item, and upon entering you have 10 charges… Bam, now u can’t be dumb and ignore the mechanic

Vaults dint work. 3 days or so before traps nerfed to not matter. Dungeons can be made better. I made a big post on it. Pls read.

Vaults were fine once they increased the pearl ward buff thingy.

1 Like

Yep. They reduced trap hit boxes and increased what pearls give you. They made the traps obsolete.

Put in 3-4 pearls and pretend traps dont exist.it was better/fun prior to the nerf.

Yup, which is what I posted. Now with decent play, you can break-even on pearls. With poor play, you’ll have to farm.

10 charges won’t get you all the chests. Unless you’d like to show your video of 10 Zultan Wardings getting you all 3 chests in WT4. That, I’d very much like to see…

30 charges (3x pearls) gets you break-even in WT4. 20 charges in WT3, 10 in WT2. No need to farm outside for more pearls. But if you want to ignore the traps, you can spend more.

Here’s a big tip for life in general: not every person has the same ability as you. And ironically, I don’t hold your ability all that high.

Yeah that’s why u change it to 1 ward, 5 ward and 10 ward chest … But it doesn’t consume the ward when u open it, u can just open the available chests based on how many wards u have. 10 requires a perfect run, should also have decent Uber drop rates in doing so. It would actually be pretty challenging that way

I think you miss the part where I said every “new” dungeon, as in the dungeons added with season 3, the trap dungeons.

It just isn’t fun and doesn’t add anything positive to the game. I sit in corners like a trap door spider or at the entrance popping unstoppable constantly and pulling enemies to me. There is so much crap going on the screen in the last room it is pretty absurd.

1 Like