S36 T500 leaderboards kicked Diam players at the last minute

Just a friendly reminder to our friends at Blizzard, since you still didn’t talk about it.
We’d like to get our T500 rewards, we grinded for them after all and what happened is clearly a bug, probably related to the changes made to Ranked in OW2. We’ve got proof (screenshots, videos) that we were still in T500 when Ranked got locked ~40 minutes before OW1 servers’ shutdown.
We can wait, it’s fine, we just want you to acknowledge this issue.

12 Likes

Absolutely understanding that the DDoS and hero locks are a much more pressing issue. Just helping to remind them that we would appreciate this being looked into!

2 Likes

I am also in this same boat, good news or bad, just hoping to hear some feedback once things calm down.

1 Like

Things are calming down so hopefully they’ll address this issue soon™.

1 Like

Trying to bump this post again so it is seen.

1 Like

i will never be in top 500. but i feel for you, this is awful and you should get your rewards

1 Like

I used to be Silver, everybody can climb up!
Thanks for your support, hopefully Blizzard stop not doing anything and start communicating again, there are still a lot of issues in the game…

1 Like

Hi, I kept seeing your replies in the Bug reports every day, I wanna share my personal experience with you.

I’m also a TOP 500 player in the 36th season for Open Que Asia, on the last page right now.

Basically, the leaderboard we saw on the last day of Overwatch 1 was not synced. It took a week for me to refresh the real player ranking. The players on the leaderboard when the server shut down, were not the actual “finishing” leaderboard.

So if you were ranked ≈ 400-500 previously, it’s very likely you got removed from the leaderboard after the final list was refreshed.

Here’s my story:

· At the beginning of the last day in OW1, I was around 3580 MMR and not qualified to
be on the leaderboard, the ranked 500 at that time was ≈ 3610, so I started grinding.

Hours before the OW1 server officially closes, I finally got to 3644. And according to the leaderboard, the 500th was 3620-ish. But I was still not on the leaderboard.

So I stopped thinking about being a TOP500, a few days later OW2 launched. The first thing I did was to check the leaderboard again. The leaderboard still remained the same as the last time I saw it. The TOP500 was still 3620-ish, and I was not rewarded with anything.

As I continued playing for another week or so. Suddenly I was rewarded with the S36 TOP500 rewards including the player icon and spray. As I checked the leaderboard again I got placed at RANK 447 in Asia.

Since the 36th season was shortened to 1 month (instead of 2), Blizzard only updated the leaderboard after a week after OW2 releases. (in my case)

So the players that were previously on the leaderboard, got squeezed out by the real ranking afterward. I am not sure if this is the case for you, but since I have been concerning the TOP500 a lot as well, I find it might be useful.

2 Likes

Bro after writing my long “essay” I suddenly noticed the keyword you mentioned.
So you are referring to they removed the ‘diamond’ players from the TOP500 list?

I checked the Americas S36 OQ leaderboard, there are only 240 players for real???
So they removed all diamond players for OQ TOP 500 indeed.

This is worth concerning since they’ve never mentioned diamond is not qualified for TOP500 in the last season. Since they do allow it in previous seasons.

Good luck bro

3 Likes

Yep, that’s basically what happened. All Diamond players, even if they had like 3499 SR, got removed. And they got removed after they locked competitive for OW1 (which was like… 30 minutes before shutdown I think?).
That’s clearly a bug, probably related to changes they made to competitive for OW2, but man that’s annoying. I grinded for so long, dealt with so much bullsh!t, I want my rewards lol.

1 Like

If you see all of us even had the top 500 icon in our season high but it was removed from our ending sr.

1 Like

Bumping :confused: still no official statement on this.

2 Likes

I sent a ticket to Blizzard support and I received two confirmations that this is in fact a bug and that the devs are working on it. I’ll link my post with those ticket responses here if you want to read them. Please make sure to keep interacting with these posts to keep them bumped up as well.

2 Likes

I’m very glad to hear that they somehow acknowledge the issue, took them long enough but at least there’s that.

3 Likes

Hopefully we get the fix for it this month

2 Likes

Yeah… Or at least an official comment on them investigating the issue, instead of a mere support answer.

2 Likes

Bumping up this thread again.

1 Like

Bumping your bumping.

1 Like

Bumping up this post.

New week, new hope that Blizzard will acknowledge this issue.

1 Like