The Competitive Bugs Megathread

[PLEASE READ]:
While this post was originally only about my missing Top 500 rewards for Season 36 of Overwatch 1, I have now expanded it into a megathread that documents and archives almost all other related Top 500 and competitive bugs. Please do read through the comprehensive list of posts below and and bump up threads related to your issue. That being said, the missing Top 500 rewards for Season 36 remains the main focus and issue of this thread. This thread is, has been, and will continue to be maintained and updated daily so long as the missing Top 500 rewards for Season 36 bug remains unfixed.

The list of competitive seasons currently includes:

• Copa LucioBall 2016-2019 In Overwatch 1
  • Seasons 34-36 In Overwatch 1
  • Seasons 1-9 In Overwatch 2
  • Season 1 Of Competitive Capture The Flag In Overwatch 2
  • Seasons 1-3 Of Competitive Mystery Heroes In Overwatch 2
  • Season 1 Of Competitive Deathmatch In Overwatch 2

The list of competitive bugs currently includes:

• Season 36 Top 500 Evidence
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 36)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Seasons 34-36)
    • Players Are Randomly Removed, Added, And Shifted In Leaderboards
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 1)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 1)
    • Players’ Relative Ranks Not Updating Or Updating Inconsistently/Incorrectly
    • Players’ Final Top 500 Rank Continually Shifting Dramatically After Season’s End
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 2)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 2)
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 3)
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 4)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 4)
    • Top 500 Leaderboard Displays Multiple Positions As Being Occupied By The Same Account
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 5)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 5)
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 6)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 6)
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 7)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 7)
  • Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 8)
  • Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 8)
  • Lost Past Top 500 Rewards
  • End-Of-Season Competitive Rank And Rewards
    • End-Of-Season Rewards Distributed Based On Final Adjusted Rank Or Start of Season Decayed Rank Instead Of Final Rank
    • Final Adjusted Rank Shifts Rank Division Despite Having No Played Matches After 7 Win 20 Loss Rerank
    • End-Of-Season Rewards Completely Missing
    • End-Of-Season Rewards Awarded Based Rank Division Below Final Adjusted Rank
    • End-Of-Season Player Titles Removed After Switching To Different Player Title
    • End-Of-Season Role Queue And Open Queue Player Titles Are Given Opposite To End-Of-Season Rank
    • Accessibility Of Previous Competitive Titles Is Incorrectly Locked
    • Retired, Unequippable Competitive Titles Are Awarded
    • Competitive Titles Are Not Distributed Despite Reward Screen Being Displayed
    • No Title Equipped Option Does Not Function, Forcing Players To Equip A Random Title
  • Competitive Career Statistics Page
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Is Blank/Missing
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Merges Past Season Data With Current Season Data
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Loses Playtime After Playing
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Totals Data Incorrectly After Account Merge
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Does Not Update After Playing
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Only Displays/Updates Data From A Specific Platform
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Does Not Have Option To Display Or Instead Displays Player PSN Profile
    • Competitive Career Statistics Page Compiles All Data And Can’t Be Displayed By Season
  • Incorrect Rank Adjustment
    • Rank Remains To The Same Initial Rank Despite Performance And Number Of Games Played
    • Rank Is Capped At A Specific Subdivision And Resets To 5 Subdivisions Below It When Surpassed Before Being Promoted
    • Rank Is Adjusted While Offline
    • Rank Is Adjusted Independent Of 5 Win 15 Loss Adjustment Mechanic
    • Rank Is Demoted Following A Server Closing Error
    • Rank Is Given Seasonal Decay Despite Seasonal Decay Being Removed (Season 4)
  • Bronze 5 Bugs
    • Rank Remains At A Bronze 5 Despite Performance And Number Of Games Played
    • Player Repeatedly Receives Message: "You are at the minimum value for this rank” After Rank Adjustment Independent Of Winrate And Individual Performance
    • Player Repeatedly Receives The Exact Same Message: “You are ranked higher than XX% of players in your division.” Independent Of Winrate And Individual Performance
    • Player Rank Adjustment Progress Is Reset After A Disconnection And Ban
  • False Suspension And Ban
    • [Note]: Because Disconnection Bugs Often Result In False Suspensions And Bans, The Two Categories Were Merged
    • Player Is Stuck On Loading Screen Before Match Loads Which Then Exits Into A Temporary Suspension
    • Player Is Stuck On “Applying Update” Notification Before Match Loads And Is Disconnected For Inactivity
    • Player Is Kicked Before Or During A Match, But Is Still Able To Interact With The Lobby
    • Player Is Disconnected From Match And Suspended If Match Is Found While On Match History Page
    • Player Receives Suspension For Disbanded Matches Due To Another Player Disconnecting
    • Player Enters Match As Spectator And Is Kicked Due To Being Unable To Select A Hero
    • Player Is Kicked When Spawn Rooms Change On Hero Select Screen
    • Player Is Suspended For Abandoning A Match Despite Exiting After The Match Concluded
    • Player Is Banned For Match Abandonment Despite Having No Abandoned Matches, Or Despite Not Playing Any Matches At All
    • Player Disconnects And Repeatedly Receives The Message “Client Requested Disconnect” Despite Not Choosing To Leave A Match
    • Player Is Unable To Select A Hero While On The Hero Select Screen And Is Eventually Kicked From The Match
    • Player Is Falsely Account Banned Due To Overly Aggressive Defense Matrix System Acting On Mass False Player Leaver/Cheater/Thrower/Obscenity Reports
    • Player Is Suspended Due To Being Queued Into A Lobby Of A Finished Match
  • Match History Pages
    • [Note]: Match History Pages Includes: Competitive Update Progress Page, Match Game Reports Page, And Match Replays Page
    • Viewing Match History Page Causes Crashes
    • Match History Page Does Not Record Wins
    • Match History Page Does Not Always Save Match Records
    • Match History Page Only Displays Data Taken From Beginning Moments Of Match
    • Match History Page Displays Extra Lost Matches Despite Not Playing Those Matches
  • Post-Season Leaderboard Shifts
  • Copa LucioBall (2016-2019)
  • Frozen Top 500 Sprays
  • Bugs With Viewing Leaderboard
  • Competitive Points Bugs
  • Competitive Match Game Score
  • Invisible Player Models
    • Invisible Projectiles, Player Names, Player Healthbars, Hero Models, etc.
  • Matchmaker Queue Time And Balance
    • Players Unable To Leave Competitive Games As Group
  • Competitive Mystery Heroes
  • Competitive Deathmatch
  • Competitive Loading Screen
  • WayBackMachine Archive
  • Miscellaneous Links & Evidence
  • [Note]: To save space, the Customer Support Ticket History section of the bug post has been removed. However, it is still viewable through the WayBack Machine for those who want to read it.
  • [Note]: Extremely large competitive match player rank disparities (skill deltas) are not technically bugs. They are a result of intentional, if poorly designed, matchmaker changes implemented by the Developers. As such, posts regarding that are not listed here.

Limitations Of This Thread’s Comprehensiveness

• Originally, this thread only documented the Missing Top 500 rewards for Season 36 of Overwatch 1, and as such, remains the main focus of this thread. This thread will continue to be maintained so long as this bug remains unfixed.
  • Bug posts regarding other Top 500 issues were not documented here until the end of Season 1 of Overwatch 2.
  • Bug posts regarding non-Top 500 bugs were not documented here until Season 3. However, the majority of these bugs have remained unaddressed and unresolved, so newer posts about these issues are documented here.
  • Currently, only bug posts posted on the bug forums are listed here. Unless posts published to the competitive, technical, and general forums are cross-posted to the bug forums, they are likely not listed here.
  • Posts written in languages other than English are not documented here as I cannot read them.
  • Posts by authors who have not made any replies, or posts that have not received any likes or replies are not listed here to avoid bloating the list. However, a comment linking this thread will still be provided.
  • Multiple posts about the same or similar bugs must be created before I create new subcategory for it.
  • Due to this megathread reaching the maximum character limit of 99000 characters, smaller posts that I had originally included may be occasionally unlisted.
  • Occasionally, the forum moderators will delete, hide, or unlist certain threads. Unless these threads are archived, the links to them in this megathread will not be functional.
  • As one person, human error is to be expected and there is no doubt I’ve also missed numerous relevant posts.
  • Most importantly, the true number of affected players is much much greater than is listed here as the vast majority of players who experience and notice these issues do not create forums posts about it.

My Original Bug Post

• In Season 36 of Overwatch 1, I finished my Open Queue Competitive games at 3352 SR, and as of two hours before the OW1 servers shutdown, I was rank 259 with a total of 80 games played and 48 games won. However, a few hours before the Overwatch 1 servers shutdown, players on Reddit reported that the Open Queue leaderboard was experiencing extremely rapid, abnormal changes in its player count across all three servers.
    • https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/xrs1ui/what_is_going_on_in_top_500_overwatch_1_open_queue/?sort=new
  • With the launch of Overwatch 2, this bugged leaderboard continued to persist, and I, alongside several hundred other players were falsely removed from the Top 500 leaderboards and did not receive the Top 500 rewards we earned. The leaderboard for Season 36 PC Americas now only displays players with 3500 SR or above, or Masters. Season 36 is the only season in Overwatch history in which this Masters cutoff bug exists. This bug affects the Americas server, the Europe server, and the Asia server. This bug also exists for all platforms, including PC, Playstation, and Xbox.
  • As is evidenced by previous and current leaderboards, any player with at least 3000 SR, or Diamond 5, is eligible to earn Top 500 rewards. Every single season since Season 18 of Overwatch 1 has had Diamond players on its Top 500 leaderboard, most often occurring in Open Queue due to its lower player population. Every single season of Overwatch 2 has had Diamond players, as well, such as in Competitive Capture The Flag, Competitive Mystery Heroes, and Competitive Deathmatch. All competitive gamemodes for Xbox, Playstation, Switch, and Crossplay all have Diamonds in their Top 500 Leaderboards as well since the launch of Overwatch 1 due to these platforms naturally having smaller playerbases compared to PC. If this is not a bug, then why was this 3500 minimum SR requirement implemented without warning and exclusively for Season 36?
  • Additionally, when viewing my competitive records, it shows that my season final and season peak are of different ranks, that being of Diamond and Top 500 respectively. This is despite both being at 3352 SR, which also leads me to believe these are bugs. However, with the launch of Season 3, both my season high and season final ranks are now both erroneously displayed as Diamond instead of Top 500, despite both still being at 3352 SR.
  • For numerous days prior to the shutdown of Overwatch 1, the accounts of Top 500 eligible players were displayed extremely inconsistently, with players, often in batches, disappearing and reappearing seemingly at random. This results in the leaderboard fluctuating anywhere between 280 and 450 total players, with the total number of players being 234 players in PC Americas, 456 players in PC Europe, and 418 players in PC Asia ending on the leaderboard as of writing. This is evidenced by the total number of players on the leaderboards constantly shifting in the screenshots attached here. This bug affects not just the PC platform, but also the PlayStation and Xbox platforms as well.
    • https://imgur.com/gallery/x3Owekd
  • In addition, in the competitive career profile page, the Open Queue Rank is erroneously displayed as the Combined Rank, which has been a bug since launch that has not been fixed. This bug, alongside the bug regarding the leaderboard’s inaccurate display of players, may be related to the bug regarding the undocumented new 3500 SR leaderboard cutoff and the resulting missing Top 500 rewards for those players who were falsely removed.
  • This erroneous display of Top 500 players is ongoing as well, as both Seasons 1 and 2 of Overwatch 2 also has bugs regarding inconsistent and inaccurate display of Top 500 players. This usually involves eligible players not appearing at all on the leaderboards, with those who do appear often disappearing again or being placed at the wrong relative rank. Links to this are compiled under the subcategory Not Appearing On Top 500 Leaderboards for Season 1 and 2.
  • In addition to this, there is another bug with the Top 500 leaderboards in which multiple Top 500 positions are taken up by the same account. These duplicate entries are always adjacent to each other, and often have bugged player names and player titles. This bug has appeared and reappeared in Season 4 and 6, which I have linked screenshots of here:
    • https://imgur.com/gallery/0Z1JKlR
  • Not only this, Top 500 reward distribution has bugged for Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 of Overwatch 2 for all competitive gamemodes, platforms, and servers. There have been hundreds of bug reports from players who ended the season ranked in the Top 500 but did not receive their Top 500 player title, received a different player title other than the Top 500 player title, did not receive the correct amount of competitive points, or any combination of those three. I have compiled those threads and organized them by season in the megathread’s Top 500 bug subcategories listed at the bottom of the megathread.
  • Finally, I know it is possible it has been proven possible to retroactively correct this bug and to return Top 500 rewards to those who earned them. This is evidenced by players who were above Diamond and were able to be retroactively returned to the leaderboard and given their Top 500 rewards for Season 36. This is further evidenced by the mid-season patch in Seasons 4 and 5, which corrected the end-of-season Top 500 rewards after the seasonal decay distorted the ranks of all players. That evidence is listed here:
  • As of October 10th, 2023, the launch day of Season 7, the bugs with the Season 36 Open Queue leaderboard have still not been resolved. Players below 3500 SR have still not been returned to the leaderboard or received the Top 500 rewards we earned. The career profile still displays the season final rank as Diamond instead of Top 500 as it correctly did before the Season 3 update. The career profile still incorrectly titles the Open Queue rank as the Combined rank. The ending positions of players continues to fluctuate as some positions continue to be replaced by duplicated player accounts. The number of total players continues to fluctuate as the leaderboard continues to add and remove duplicated player accounts. To document the fact that these issues have remained unresolved, I have linked screenshots to the Season 36 leaderboard on October 10th, 2023, which is the last day the leaderboard will be viewable in-game before the launch of Season 7 forces it’s removal.
    • https://imgur.com/gallery/ijDXP9A
  • I have compiled and organized every thread regarding other players who have lost their Top 500 rewards for Season 36 below. In addition to these Top 500 bugs, I have expanded my post to document non-Top 500 competitive bugs as well. Will these any of the bugs listed here be addressed or fixed, and what can I do to receive my Top 500 rewards? Please address and fix this issue, all I want is for the rewards we earned to be given to us. Thank you.

The Comprehensive Competitive Bugs Archive

• Here is a comprehensive archive of posts regarding the top 500 bugs. This list may be a bit inaccurate, so if you have corrections such as posts I’ve missed or categorized incorrectly, please leave a comment. And for those who have a similar issue but haven’t created your own post, please do so that I can add your post to the list and get these issues resolved more quickly.

Season 36 Top 500 Evidence

• Azdyph#1127
    • https://imgur.com/gallery/x3Owekd
  • Toprock#11549
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1jQlbBRW2k
  • Akiyama#21506
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP87-xZejsM
    • https://imgur.com/a/oJ2sVEm
  • NinjaSlayer#11646
    • https://twitter.com/orezwins/status/1669010933635588097?s=46

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 36)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Seasons 34-36)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 1)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 1)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 2)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 2)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 3)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 4)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 4)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 5)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 5)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 5)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 6)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 6)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 7)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 7)

Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 8)

Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 8)

Lost Past Top 500 Rewards

End-Of-Season Competitive Rank And Rewards

Competitive Career Statistics Page

Incorrect Rank Adjustment

Bronze 5 Bugs

False Suspension And Ban

Match History Page

Copa LucioBall (2016-2019)

Frozen Top 500 Sprays

Bugs With Viewing Leaderboard

Competitive Points Bugs

Competitive Match Game Score

Invisible Player Models

Matchmaker Queue Time And Balance

Competitive Mystery Heroes

Competitive Deathmatch

Competitive Loading Screen

WayBackMachine Archive

• [Note]: WayBackMachine can store multiple snapshots of the same website at different points in time. However, due to the bug forum’s unique URL system, this megathread and other large threads must be archived in sections, listed below, that can then be searched up. However, most threads are small enough to not require multiple archived sections, and while they are not listed here to save space, they are still archived and can be searched up. So far, I have only archived the posts under the subcategories: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 36), Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Seasons 34-36), and Season 36 Top 500 Evidence, and as well as the links listed within my original bug post.
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/comprehensive-thread-of-all-top-500competitive-bugs/696580*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-competitive-bugs-megathread/696580/*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-top500/694196*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/s36-t500-leaderboards-kicked-diam-players-at-the-last-minute/708639*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-open-queue-top-500-leaderboard-glitched/696858*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-rewardstitle-not-received/766874*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/did-not-receive-top-500-icon/695711*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-flex-queue/694800*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-top500/694897*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-sprays-removed/693607*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-season-36-players-still-not-given-rewards/752683*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-rewards/737098*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-top-500-rewards-not-received/748358*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/ow1-season-36-top-500-bug/745436*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-last-season-not-complete-leaderboards/739194*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-top500-rewards-are-still-not-here/741920*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-top-500-icon-from-ow1/729153*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-season-36/731767*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/everybody-below-master-removed-from-top-500/729422*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/open-queue-from-season-36-items-missing-including-t500/727455*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-rewards-not-given-from-season-36/726965*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-top-500-open-q-leaderboard-missing-diamond-players/699363*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-top-500-players-still-not-receiving-rewards/720858*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-t500-competitive-spray-not-awarded/720789*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-competitive-t500-thinned/696842*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-open-queue-top-500/714369*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/fix-season-36-top-500-leaderboard/714747*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-for-season-36-not-counted-properly/698004*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-leaderboard-not-working/695753*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/wheres-my-top-500-rewards/696717*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/did-not-receive-top-500-icon-from-season-36/703418*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-missing-top-500-rewards/703871*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-1-skin-and-t500-rewards/702539*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/i-was-scammed-out-of-the-top-500-spray-and-icon/696927*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/t500-icon-not-unlocked-from-season-36-results/696828*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-top-500-rewards/696648*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/give-me-my-top500-reward-back/695371*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-open-queue-rewards/736785*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-season-36-competive-rewards/733430*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/i-did-not-receive-any-rewards-for-season-36/720849*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-leaderboard/718833*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-hoursskins-incorrect-final-comp-season-36/725193*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/season-36-open-queue-leaderboard-issues/756415*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/open-queue-season-36-leader-board-still-broken/751255*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-top500/695148*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/still-missing-t500-season-36-open-queue-rewards/784251*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-top-500-rewards-for-overwatch-1-season-36/786674*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/top-500-icon-not-awarded-after-the-end-of-season-36/787667*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-season-36-top500-rewards-are-still-bugged/822876*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/players-randomly-getting-removed-from-openq-t500-leaderboard/693970*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:/us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/falsely-banned-accounts/807864*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/account-banned-with-false-acusation/863223*

Miscellaneous Links & Evidence

Bug Forum Monitoring Updates

• As of February 27th, as a result of receiving an Account Warning due to excessive ticket appeals, I will no longer be communicating with Blizzard Customer Support. If being threatened with account deletion is the reward players receive for providing help and updating their issues with relevant information to the department, whose sole function is to receive up-to-date information regarding player issues and to fix them accordingly, then there is absolutely no purpose in the existence of this department. However, I do encourage others who do make customer support tickets to link this thread in the response to help spread the word about this resource.
  • As of April 14th, as a result of receiving an Account Silence due to spamming, I will no longer be actively monitoring the bug forums for non Top 500 issues. Of course, this megathread will remain posted in order to continue being a resource for those who want information regarding their competitive issues. For those who want their posts added to these lists or have their questions answered, please leave a request in the comments and I will gladly do so. Even though I may not longer be actively monitoring the forums for relevant bugs, please do continue spreading the word about this megathread and its issues so that the Developers may take notice of it and address the issues listed within. Thank you for all your help.

[MEGATHREAD FINAL UPDATE]

***As of February 16th, 2024, forum moderator and community manager Kaedi has closed and unlisted The Competitive Bugs Megathread. This means it can no longer accept new replies, it cannot be displayed in topic lists, and it can only be accessed via a direct link. Screenshots below:

https://imgur.com/a/zxFv7Hp

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-competitive-bugs-megathread/696580

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude toward each and every one of you who has helped in spreading the word about all of these issues this past year and a half. From the wiped career profiles, to the falsely permanent banned accounts, to the inaccurate competitive rank adjustments, to missing end-of-season competitive rewards, to the missing Top 500 leaderboard placements and rewards for every season since Season 36, and so much more, it is evident Blizzard’s only concern is to conceal issues rather than address and fix them. With the megathread’s closure however, it is unlikely any of these issues will be fixed, and as such, this will likely be my very last update.

That being said, I fully intend for this megathread to remain accessible as long as possible so that others may continue to utilize its collection of resources to help solve or help find solutions to any competitive bugs or issues you may have. While I will never delete this megathread, it is entirely possible it will be deleted by another forum moderator in the near future. As such, I have been preparing backups on the WayBackMachine so that its resources may continue to be utilized. Links to the backups are listed below:

• https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/the-competitive-bugs-megathread/696580/*
  • https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/comprehensive-thread-of-all-top-500competitive-bugs/696580*

Until then, please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand to be given the rewards we rightfully earned. And once again, thank you so much to everyone who has and will contributed in making these issues known. It truly was an honor, a privilege, and a joy to work with you all.

162 Likes

Yeah, at the end of the season there was a bug which kicked all Diamond players out of T500. I guess it’ll be fixed later, when all servers issues will be corrected.

8 Likes

Yeah same here I was t500 combined and it just randomly took me off the leaderboard when ow 2 dropped

4 Likes

Same here but EU. Grinded so hard for it as a genji main.

1 Like

Same here, hope this can be resolved!

1 Like

They won’t fix this, because they don’t care

6 Likes

Yeah I grinded hard because it was the last season, sucks hard to see it was all for nothing.

2 Likes

Stop crying, it’ll be fixed. :sleeping: They have more important matter atm.

1 Like

yea, same here. I would submit a ticket too just in case.

3 Likes

They will likely just point you to the bug report forum again. The reply I got was:

"I see you noticed some odd things with the Overwatch Top 500 Leaderboard.

You will want to make a forum bug report about this as the customer service staff is unable to assist with this. This will get the report to our developers to look into."

2 Likes

Yeah, i was so sad when i didn’t get the rewards(( I just want to flex with my friends
Hope they’ll fix it soon

2 Likes

They will never fix it.

1 Like

Of course they will.

1 Like

People are giving up instead of spamming them, that’s why they’re not doing anything. We gotta keep all those threads on the top of the front page.

6 Likes

+1 Still waiting to see the Season 36 leaderboard/rewards get fixed

5 Likes

Even this new season is glitched, I don’t know what they broke up but it seems to be very broken.

3 Likes

Same here. Had about 3040 SR and still have not seen any rewards.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread up !

4 Likes

A LOT of people are waiting for this fix and just browsing forums not really replying. So taking the time to bump this instead of just waiting and wondering. Hopefully there isn’t a masters+ rule that applies to Overwatch 1 when it’s clearly meant for Overwatch 2. That would be crazy talk :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It doesn’t even look like it’s meant to apply to OW2 because there are Diamond players in T500 at the moment.

2 Likes