Overwatch 2 Known Issues - October 25, 2022

FIX THE BRONZE 5 RANK BUG PLEASE

ACKNOWLEDGE THE BROKEN RANKING SYSTEM FFS

3 Likes

I’m wholly convinced they’re just ignoring this issue at this point and we won’t get our stuff back. Seems like a modern blizzard thing to do. Wasn’t even an account merge for me, was just from OW1 PC to OW2 PC.

1 Like

My career profile is still not updating any competitive stats. Still says 0 games played, 0 stats. And I’ve been playing almost exclusively competitive. Im on xbox.

1 Like

I think they dont know how

Ranked is still broken weeks after your ‘fix’. I was 3100 in OW1, won a game yesterday with over 50,000 damage mitigated, 21,000 damage and 42 elims and get placed at Silver 3? Lowest I ever placed in the SR system was 2300 in Season 2, it doesn’t matter how long of a break I had, I started playing again around June and have been comfortably winning games against high Plat - high Diamond players in QP and arcade with top 3 stats in the lobby. I even won games with high Gold to mid Plat players on the enemy team in my comp placement matches, in fact there was a Plat 5 player on the enemy team during my final placement win, so I know there is no way my skill level has dropped.

Your match making is absolutely atrocious even in ranked, I shouldn’t be playing against a Plat player with a Bronze 5 on my team. I also shouldn’t be penalised for what people who shouldn’t even be in my match are doing, especially when they know they’re doing way worse than the rest of the team and leave. I had 3 losses during my placements due to leavers and the rest were because the low level players you stuck me with couldn’t keep up, it’s impossible to play aggressive as a tank with no heals. Rank is meaningless when you can have people from all 4 of the metal ranks in the same match.

You need to fix ranked for veteran players or you’re going to lose people who have stuck with the game on and off for over 6 years. I don’t want to climb, I’ve already done it, and it makes no sense to add this ‘feature’ when new players are placing higher.

Daily reminder to our friends at Blizzard, since you still didn’t talk about it.
We’d like to get our T500 rewards, we grinded for them after all and what happened is clearly a bug, probably related to the changes made to Ranked in OW2. We’ve got proof (screenshots, videos) that we were still in T500 when Ranked got locked ~40 minutes before OW1 servers’ shutdown.
We can wait, it’s fine, we just want you to acknowledge this issue.

I’ll keep posting this daily until we hear from you guys, and I encourage everyone else affected by this (or even if you’re not affected and just wanna help some fellow OW players) to do the same.

have u just forgotten what hotfixes are? theres no reason this stuff should be taking so long to fix. what are you doing? can u fix the stat bug already???

3 Likes

An 8 year old game suffer from a basic bug that didn’t exist in the previous version is complicated. Why is my widowmaker noire skin still missing after 30 days?

2 Likes

Still no skins up until now and the game is not that even balanced same comp in every league gameplay kinda stupid

1 Like

At least recognise it as an issue though. I can’t play with mates now as they’re levelling up and I can’t (even though I’m playing with them)

1 Like

Still Missing my OW1 Origins and Oni Skin

1 Like

And it happened again. Just finished support placements and after winning games against people up to Plat 1 I get placed in Silver 1, it’s an absolute joke.

You’re not making people feel good about climbing, it makes me not want to play. A climb of a few hundred SR is fine, but you’re obviously just shaving 1000 SR off of where we would have placed in OW1 and it feels awful.

Daily reminder to our friends at Blizzard, since you still didn’t talk about it.
We’d like to get our T500 rewards, we grinded for them after all and what happened is clearly a bug, probably related to the changes made to Ranked in OW2. We’ve got proof (screenshots, videos) that we were still in T500 when Ranked got locked ~40 minutes before OW1 servers’ shutdown.
We can wait, it’s fine, we just want you to acknowledge this issue.

I’ll keep posting this daily until we hear from you guys, and I encourage everyone else affected by this (or even if you’re not affected and just wanna help some fellow OW players) to do the same.

1 Like

Huge Lie. Just crashed loading into a comp game and got a 15 min temp ban. It’s alright though. Blizzard is a small indie company and over watch 2 is a completely new game, not a lazy patch for an old game. I’m sure the game will be good any day now.

3 Likes

Same. The rest of my regular squad have moved up. I now have to play on an alternate account that isnt bugged and stuck in bronze 5. BLIZZARD THIS IS BULLSH17. Not even taking into consideration how poor the support teams have done with resolving player issues.

1 Like

Me too. I’ve checked the account merge went through and both platforms have the right account, still nothing though.

I have just won my 7th game and i have lost 3 fokin divisions ??? I was diamond 4 and now i am plat 2 ??? GG blizzard you have ruined literally everything… nothing works how it should… heroes, maps, servers, ranks, arcades, events, customs, your fokin launcher, literally any of your games… so fokin broken company you know ? I have just ended with all of your bullsh*t

2 Likes

There is no point in me playing competitive because it keeps sticking me in bronze 5… would you fix it or at least my account :pray:

2 Likes

After this recent patch update. When I load into competitive, I have no Hud, No character, No gun, and My teammates are glowing blue circles. When I pause the game to check settings and try to fix the issues**, the Hud display options are gone like leave game , options, social, etc… . Due to me not being able to unpause and move, I was kicked out the game for “inactivity” when im really their. The only thing I could do was type and now im banned from OW Season 1 ranked because of it. Please Fix and unban me.**

Overwatch 2 Status Update - October 25, 2022

• Fixed an issue that resulted in players receiving competitive mode penalties for leaving matches when the game crashed during launch. We have reset the leaver penalties on affected players so they can play ranked again

Well this is a huge lie lmao,

Not the first time it happens too, game crashes and now i have to wait an hour to play ranked again? I’ve done file integrity check, installed the game on different drives and this keeps consistently and unexpectedly happening.

oof