Update on 15.6 Issues

Hey Folks,

In the latest 15.6 patch, Battlegrounds was launched into Early Access. Unfortunately, some bugs also made it into the live game, and the team has been hard at work making sure these get fixed as quickly as possible. Here’s a status update on things:

On Monday (or potentially Tuesday), we’re aiming to ship a 15.6.2 patch that will include the following:

• Squelch working as intended + no longer causing crashes under certain circumstances
  • Daily Quests can now be rerolled
  • Hallow’s End Arena Daily Quest can now be completed
  • A variety of Android crashes have been fixed
  • Memory optimization for Battlegrounds for devices with less than 2GB of RAM

Here are some things that have been resolved with a server patch (meaning you don’t have to download it) that’s already live:

• Spells now trigger Overkill effects
  • Sathrovarr can now no longer target enemy minions with its Battlecry
  • New Daily Quests can be obtained
  • Big Boss Battle Quest can now be completed by just playing two matches and should only be accessible by players with Battlegrounds access

The team is continuing to investigate the following issues:

• Login issues
  • Friends List appearing empty
  • Decks missing cards / appearing incomplete
  • Samsung Galaxy Note devices not being able to use the phone’s S-Pen stylus
  • Unable to re-add a card back into a deck (workaround: remove the ghosted card and then attempt it)

If you encounter other problems, please let us know in the comments below. We appreciate you bearing with us and we’re sorry for the rockiness. Once we have info on the remaining issues, we’ll be sure to update this thread.

Cheers,
Chris_Attalus

11/11/2019 UPDATE: 15.2.6 patch is LIVE! Please note that if you do not download the client update before going into a match, you will see some visual discrepancies on the cards / heroes due to the discrepancy in server and client versions.

9 Likes

Issue with Samsung Galaxy Note devices with latest update. Other users confirmed problems on the forum with the phone’s S-Pen stylus no longer working with the app.

EDIT: Linked post.

3 Likes

Same issue here. Note 10+

Hearthstone is basically the only reason I got this phone with the pen, please fix! <3

1 Like

Why we nerfing the new card already?

1 Like

As I reported earlier today, on Android I am getting the missing cards bug plus it’s reporting as “invalid for this mode” gold cards, even when their non-gold variants work.

Now on desktop (PC Windows 10) I can’t get past the initial screen.

1 Like

Card text says “friendly minion”. It was never meant to target enemies.

Really? A week? This should be hotfix material. A deck I made literally yesterday was missing cards today. The only way to fix this issue is to delete the deck and remake it from scratch. The problem itself is actually caused by having 1 golden and 1 non-golden copy of a single card in your deck, and does this for every pair of cards. Not being able to re-roll daily quests also hurts players farming gold for the upcoming expansion.

5 Likes

Might be good to brace yourself for the possibility that the deck issue might be even longer than a week. The blue OP above worded that issue as still being investigated. I think the Monday or Tuesday estimate was for the first section/bullets.

1 Like

I confirm that I face the same error in Americas.

3 Likes

Thank you for providing that information. This is appreciated, and I am looking forward to see all these issues resolved. Also looking forward to trying Battlegrounds, of course!

Thanks for the heads up! I have added it above and have brought this up to the team.

3 Likes

Are you saying here that the ability to ignore your opponent via squelching is not broken but actually supposed to be working in that way?

What have you had complaints of players writing to you saying that they feel the immotery buttons don’t seem to be working lolol. tell them they’re being ignored. and then go and fix your game. squelch is not working.

So if the android crash kicked me out of an arena game right as it was loading and then it didn’t log me back in properly, what can be done (since it was a loss and possibly ended the run early)?

I documented this extensively in another thread with a QA response, but I want to make sure it has visibility: there are two different “missing cards” problems. One is related to duplicates where one is golden. The other is something else entirely, where a deck can have too few or too many cards (31/30) depending on how you access the game (mobile or PC). I have a wild C’Thun deck that is missing 25 cards, most of which aren’t golden.

4 Likes

Currently I get bounced out of the app every time on the first game I play after logging in, and it would happen again if I squelch my opponent. I’m an iPhone user btw, and please fix it ASAP, thanks.

I live in India and play in the America region on Android. There were login issues yesterday and I tried to troubleshoot by re-installing.
But I’m getting “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT”. The login works fine when I switch to other regions though. Also I’m unable to even access us.battle.net from India. (used vpn to post this)

Not sure if this is a bug as well, but I got the new “Play 3 games with x,y,z class quest” and previously when the the word Play was being used it didn’t mean you have to win the game, but I played a game with one of the classes in Tavern Brawl and lost and it didn’t increase the counter for this quest.

Am I understanding this in a wrong way? Is this working as intended? Or is it a bug?

Could you please look at this one month old bug too? We never got a DEV response for this:

2 Likes

There are 3 issues Im having in the game experience:

1- My game is constantly crashing on IOS specifically when either me or my oponent use the card “HEX” and then kill the 0/1 minion with no alternative of logging Back before the loss. Another players have noticed the exactly same issue. Its been going on since the last but one patch.

2- everytime I try to mute my oponnent the game instantly crashes;

3- I am also having the deck’s missing cards issue.

I Am a IOS player and these issues are compromising all my game experience…