ClassicLFG addon

Apparently there is an addon called ClassicLFG that assists with forming dungeon groups. I don’t really feel as though this addon is an issue but would like other opinions on it.

discuss.

18 Likes

I would like some real opinions on it, the large thread has broken down into attacks on players I would rather not read.

What is your opinion of the addon, how about Questie and Azeroth Auto Pilot?

1 Like

the add on is fine, realistically blizzard needs to just remove all add ons, period.

9 Likes

Huh, this is the first I have heard about an LFG addon.

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem, just heard a little about it myself today. I’m still trying to gather legitimate information on it but all I see are opinion pieces, misinformation and personal attacks.

1 Like

We’ve been closely following the community discussion around this add-on for WoW Classic, as well as analyzing it to make sure we understand how it works. After careful examination, we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic. Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

In line with what we shared at BlizzCon last year, we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client.

It’s difficult to articulate a clear-cut rule for exactly when an add-on crosses the line. However, when an add-on goes beyond presenting information or providing aesthetic customization, and attempts to create an interconnected social network that relies on other players also using that same add-on, we are likely to scrutinize it particularly closely.

1693 Likes

Yay!

Now everyone can go back to whining about the servers

but no this is great news for the purists

122 Likes

Good job guys, I approve of this greatly! Keep up the good work.

180 Likes

And there you have it folks

Murica!

197 Likes

Awesome, I heard you guys talk about it on the Classic Cast and I appreciate the communication

81 Likes

thats a good boy

20 Likes

Yay!!! Yes!

32 Likes

Thank you, Bornakk. We appreciate your response on this issue so it can finally be laid to rest, and we can go and enjoy Classic WoW!

82 Likes

Someone tell “Starman” the good news :slight_smile:

51 Likes

I was thinking the same thing lol…

23 Likes

I know it when I see it

3 Likes

Thank you so much. The unique social aspects that are part of Classic will be what differentiates it from modern WoW.

It’s the players that are important in Classic.

Thank you.

56 Likes

Let’s all just be happy they are keeping the integrity of Classic and not call out those who opposed us. Makes me so happy.

64 Likes

Boom there it is boys.

31 Likes

Thank you!!!

36 Likes