Classic LFG is "banned" What about Gatherer?

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet but Gatherer_p2p isn’t the Gatherer addon we all know and use in Live.

It’s a fork of the main Gatherer addon under a GNU public license. It’s a seperate addon written by different people. The main Gatherer addon itself doesn’t have syncing features as far as I can tell. You need to download a separate addon to do the syncing AFAIK

If the official Gatherer team were to officially update the addon it probably won’t come with a player to player syncing feature. It’s the same team that does the Auctioneer addon whom Blizzard have contacted in the past to provide feedback on changes they would like done to the Auctioneer. I’m fairly confident they wouldn’t put a feature in their addon that Blizzard objects to.

… so what you’re saying is they didnt work how the banned LFG addon functioned at all. No sh*t, sherlock. Thats the point.

Not to mention that long trip to wherever you’re going.

I did few dungeons, but one that sticks out in my mind was my first run to SM. By the time we got the group together, got our bags empty, got our “snacks” and got TO the “venue”, we’d run out of time to make the run!

But it was a great trip - all of us making our way across dangerous areas to get to SM. Being that memorable and the fact that I remember that and NOT the run - means the preamble is more important than the main event. At least to me.

1 Like
  1. its not banned weeks later when people realize that ClassicLFG is not bad it will be ignored.
  2. The people are complaining about the automation that ClassicLFG is performing… when automated group finders were a part of Vanilla…
  3. When shown this fact… they shift the goal posts, ad’hom or resort to fake trolling as a means of salvaging some sense of victorious retreat.

None of what you said is going to be changed using ClassicLFG.

Man, I had a similar experience. I ran a dwarf hunter to 45 up as my og main before switching to a pvp server and going horde.

But I was running with a rogue friend for a long time and he put a group for sm together. I remember the epic journey from wetlands, then arathi, silverpine forest, up to the tirasfal glades good times.

1 Like
  1. its not banned weeks later when people realize that ClassicLFG is not bad it will be ignored.

… blizzard already confirmed they are breaking the functionality of this addon, have you been living in a cave?

Yea it does, because the people in this story didn’t, and perhaps wouldn’t group with the lfg addon.

1 Like

These are nowhere close to being the same. Gatherer does not impact any social aspect of the game at all.

They did not ban it… and it will be weeks after launch… IE after people realize the add on is not killing muh socials!!

The point is that changing the API will break other add ons that these people crying about ClassicLFG ruining the social interactions dont want broken…

We’re still whining about the removal of the LFG addon?

2 Likes

Nope, pointing out hypocrisy and the potential unintended consequences of this change. Since you did not read my posts I could care less about ClassicLFG. I wont need it because I will be in a large guild leveling up with them. What I do care about is ActiBlizz caving in to forum carebears, you know what they did that ruined WoW to begin with.

Well we still have LFG with the innkeepers. It literally does almost the same function as the LFG addon. So should we get rid of meeting stones also? Based on this new precedent that is.

2 Likes

I believe you mean you “couldn’t care less.”

1 Like

Purists are never going to be happy first of all. Secondly there were Quest tracking mods, dps mods, swing timers, gathering, etc all these mods existed if it wasn’t for that whole “learning” thing and bug fixing and writing it out they’d have been available day 1 instead of weeks/months in to the game.

This specific request to break gatherer though is hilarious.

Also, Classic LFG was a thing that was even attempted but never got off the ground during classic and was what lead to the creation of the RDF in WoW to begin with.

1 Like

Gatherer is a petty target, and after all there will soon be full nodes databases to import, no need for communication in game.
Dear fanatics , here’s your new target : what about CT_RaidAssist ?
CT_RaidAssist uses channel communication to allow raid leaders to check characters for items in their inventory, resistance level or durability of their gear.
This replaces player interaction and trust by cold computing, on a much worse level than a stupid gatherer if you compare the act of gathering some node versus looting epics.

Well hopefully you don’t play the game, you seem awful upset about LFG not being in classic. Thanks for your streeeetch post though, enjoy bfa.

No I mean I could care less about it… But it could cause all of those problems I listed after I said that… problems that are far worse then bringing people together to clear Classic Content…

You miss the point of the post… it is not a call to ban gatherer, it is showing people calling for the ClassicLFG to be banned what other add ons are going to get banned if Blizz messes with the API…

Right… Blizzard did a bad job of auto matching groups with Innkeepers and Meeting Stones…

Go play BFA logical fallacy…

I dont think they left that function in Classic. But it was in Vanilla. I will need to test it this week.

Doesn’t matter because thats how it exactly was going to work in classic.

Did you download the Classic version and test it? Because I did and there was no automatic fill option.
Someone posts misinformation and you guys all go on a feeding frenzy. Herd mentality at it’s finest! :scream_cat:

Won’t matter as data syncing between players isn’t a feature of the main Gatherer addon and will work fine with it.

Can’t say much about it’s offshoot tho.

Are you using the one written by Norganna’s team or the one some random uploaded to github ?