Classic LFG Addon reconsidered

I am fine. Blizzard has already stated they will restrict that addon. I have no worries or concerns. Have a wonderful day.

2 Likes

Addons are just extensions of already present mechanics that organize them better so they can be more fully utilized, no?

Your move!:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Go play retail if you want that ‘feature’.

2 Likes

It is a pretty good addon. Been using it since launch.

Useful.

4 Likes

Too little, too late. The author got hammered by you people and abandoned it. I don’t blame him one bit, why bother with all that work just to see a mob demand it be broken.

3 Likes

Enjoy it while you can.

Too much non-LFG related chat in the LFG channel. If it was somehow monitored and made sure to fulfill it’s purpose I’d be fine with it. But otherwise I’d have to put who knows how many people on ignore just to filter out the unnecessary chatter.

I support an LFG addon or tool. Or at least a space in game where I can form groups with people without the chat box filling with memes on DM being Dire Maul and not Deadmines.

2 Likes

Streamer said it was bad it must be bad!
Seriously. It works great. Had it open and was trying to watch chat. Low and behold I missed the LFG WC spam because of a lovely discussion about what a couple of 12 year olds were going to do to each others moms.
The LFG chat parser didn’t miss them though.
Click. Whisper. Hunter 24. Invited. Start walking to the dungeon.
Once again. Social media has influenced the uninformed sheep into being against something they don’t even understand.
The number of downloads is increasing. The more people get fed up with the chat spam. The more people will download it.

7 Likes

Yeah, it was that way in Vanilla too. Blizzard is too stubborn to have a true global general chat so LFG becomes it.

This is why many of us wanted a simple LFG browser in the first place! Not an automated tool like the current one, just a nice list to browse to find people.

Except for the fact that the toxic people did their damage, abused the addon makers and made them less likely to maintain the addon.

If it was just a simple addon Blizzard wouldn’t have to put restrictions on it. I am watching you Graff…you seem to be stirring the pot again. /squint

Yeah I’m just a bad seed.

It was just a browser, the addon author was very reasonable and dialed back a few of the features which might have gone too far. For example the talent thing was optional.

People went far overboard in how they treated the author. I’m a programmer and had considered contributing to the project but there’s no way I’d do anything to help this community like that after how they acted.

By the way, this is the true reason Retail is bad: mob mentality which makes a community toxic and helpful people are driven away. Why we brought it to Classic I’ll never understand.

1 Like

We’ll just add some Miracle Grow and you’ll be good. What a beautiful future I see with you. I can’t wait to watch you grow.

The author knew exactly what that addon was intended to do and was disguising it as a “simple” addon. Let’s be honest because the author wasn’t.

1 Like

Yeah so dishonest that it’s in an open GitHub repository with tons of commented code and features. So deceptive!

2 Likes

I love the LFG addon. Never have used auto join or even seen it be available. Just use it to easily sort through people spamming channels for groups and then whisper them. It is a very good addition to the game

4 Likes

This addon was completely antithetical to classic wow, but then again so is layering

I sont have the addon and while i could see myself as possibly using it one day, im good for the time being. Im a healer in a large enough guild that i really dont have much reason to need it. As others have said, its not like the current LFG tool, its 100% server based, people still are talking to each other and socializing (as Blizzard hoped we would do). So let it remain because we still have to run our butts to the instance (unless summoned by Warlocks).

1 Like

No need.
Join the channel LookingForGroup and see more groups advertised than trade chat from wherever it is you’re questing

Yeah. It appears many don’t know about the LFG group chat channel. It is a great resource offered directly from Blizzard.

I dislike this addon. That said there are addons out there that are much more determinant to the game as a whole that get ignored completely. Out community is odd.

And the people for it are lazy.

1 Like