Loud obnoxious response

Then why where you fighting so hard? Go to your discord and live your life of bliss.

Then stop complaining.

Have fun in discord. :laughing:

See you guys in discord too because by your logic you’ll have to to get groups lol

I was on team #nochanges, actually. So it wasn’t me raising a stink about this one.

Unfortunately, everything has an adverse impact. Look I get it, we all should ideally be able to use, or not use, any addon we wish. The problem is that the LFG Addon draws users from the traditional social LFD methods. The adverse impact in this case is that drawing those players to the addon reduces the pool of players LFG in the traditional social methods. Give it a chance without the addon.

Yes.

No. Maybe.

Definitely.

Definitely not.

Literally all it does is scan chat channels for you… I’ve seen far worse when I was playing retail vanilla.

Can’t speak for others, but I never saw anyone use LFG addons and I had ~200 days played from the 2 years prior to BC release. And unlike post-WotLK, I actually interacted with thousands of people back then. Whether they existed or not, I never saw a single person mention LFG addons.

I played on Uther alliance, Gilneas horde and kil’jaeden horde during vanilla. Uther used the addon a lot mostly because the server had a maintained and well moderated world chat channel that the lfg addon utilized. That world chat made it work quite well because it would work regardless of location thanks to the way world chat works.
Kil’jaeden tried to use it but there were too many trolls that kept getting admin for the world chat channel and banning people from it so everyone just stopped using the channel.

Edit: oh well it’s a moot point since Blizz is going to restrict the functions the addon needs to work properly.

1 Like

Wait, there’s a chat filter mod upsetting people? What’s that about?

Ion literally telegraphed way back in November that addons like the LFG would not be allowed.

The LFG addon does exactly what Ion said they didn’t like: create a private social network specifically for users of the addon, that others cannot see.

They have a history of breaking LFG addons with similar features, even in retail. Remember oQueue?

This thread is pointless. One side won and one side lost. The game is going to launch in less then 3 days. Both sides should be happy about that at least. Cheers.

3 Likes

bu-but my auto-invite LFG “bulletin board” addon!!! how will I ever play without it?

Me either, friend.

You’re right, but in reverse!

I agree. I can’t wait for launch.

Actually it spams from everyone in the group once added, which doesn’t make sense to do.

Can you honestly tell me it would be OK to see hundreds of wall of text spam every 1 min because the addon is having everyone in the group post to channels?

We are not the vocal minority you retail bandwagon LFG Zombie.

You clearly have no knowlege of what blizzard said in Blizzcon about these types of addons.

You clearly jumped on the classic bandwagon when the Beta was announced, that is made clear by the THREE POSTS you made before the announcement of the classic beta.

You are a fake. You probably won’t make it past level 30. So stop crying. We fought to have this game the way we remember it, the lfg addon you bandwagon warriors want would have been terrible for the classic experience, because auto invite and finding a group from a list within the addon is not in the spirit of classic.

We are the vocal majority. You and your kind can either go back to bfa or play the game without your social ecosystem crippling addons. And yeah, it does require more than /1 dps lfg dm (or vc). You talk with these people before even joining the group half the time. They want to know your gear, your experience/ect. If your good, you can even make ea friend. In retail you don’t even know who your grouping with, how do you think it will be different, because it’s classic? Your so naive. When you are forced to speak with people, that is how bonds, friendships and a proper social structure is born.

When people have the modern LFG convenience they wont bother to socialize. Did you even play Vanilla back in the day? I DOUBT IT! You probably started in mop, wod or bfa. Which is why you clearly don’t know s**t.

Edit - Before you come at me with modern catch phrases like “Oh your just a classic gatekeeper hnnng cries” People have been trying to get this to happen since 2010. Who the hell do you people think you are coming in to s**t on our game. We have no problem sharing this game. We will welcome you with open arms because that is how classic is.

But the moment you take dump in our pond. We fight back. You are welcome to the pond. However what do you think a pond full of LFG Zombie s**t will look like? That pond is classic. It was pristine before you bandwagon warriors came in defecating in it.

Stop sh**ting in our pond.

Double Edit - And before another person comes in with a snide comment saying “It’s not your game blizzard owns it hnng cries” You are right. But who do you think they made it for originally? Glad to have you all along. Just stop trying to do things that will damage the game. Because if you are an LFG zombie YOU ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL INTENDED AUDIENCE. Keep that in mind next time you come around calling us the vocal minority. We are not, without the true classic community who crusaded for years to have classic, you would not be playing classic. Keep that in mind next time you make a post telling us we are in the wrong. You people are like aliens, invading our world and bringing along things we hate with a fiery passion.

All of that text and not ONE reference to all the retail jackholes who participated in and posted the massive Wall of NO threads or rubbing their noses in it after the fact. I’m severely disappointed in you :frowning:

i dont actively play, and dont enjoy any of the modern wow xpacks. its literally nothing like current “lfg” tools in modern wow. it doesnt automatch you, it doesnt cross server group you, it doesnt teleport you to the instance. it parses text and displays it to you. DPS meters, parse text and display it to you, auction addons, parse text and display it to you. its. the. same. just because you cant wrap your head around how little it would effect you, doesnt mean you should cry like a child until papa bliz changes it. luckily theyre only disabling part of the addon. i cant wait to see what other addons they break in the process.