Stop trying to tell people how they have to play Classic

So what are you telling me to do?

1 Like

No LFG. LFG is not vanilla. End of discussion.

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile:

Little Tangent…

I never even understood why people force other people to play at the classic graphic settings or berate and belittle them for playing higher then 3… That is just a whole new level of low of petty if i ever seen one. I’m Certainly going to play Classic on 10 (or maybe 11 if Blizzard allows ReShade and ReShade comes out with Ray Tracing) cause i want it to look good as it possibly can. That and i’m not fond of the classic water.

Cause i guess to you, Retail doesn’t have any Social interactions? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But its not toxic. The features that addon players want are all built into the modern game.

If all you want to do is check your mission table, do 5 world quests and 1 world boss because you are in a hurry, you can do all of that now without having to polute classic with addons.

Ok.

2 Likes

While i disagree with his odd word choice (cause anything toxic these days. It might as well be overused to a point of pointlessness. :roll_eyes: ), i mean, the certain subset of the Classic Community haven’t been doing a great job making themselves and the community their in, look better and easy to like in the eyes of the rest of the WoW community either.

I understand that Classic is your dream game, but you guys gonna have to accept theirs gonna be people who play differently then you, who makes the choices to play with Addons. In a game about choice and consequence no less.

…He wasn’t asking for features…He didn’t mention any of that until you brought it up. :neutral_face:

He’s just telling you “Don’t tell how how to play”. Personally speaking, i much rather have the OP just ignore people who tell him that and let him enjoy play his Classic with 5000+ addons cluttering the screen.

Play style can be broken down into killers, achievers, socializers, and explorers. “Add-on user” is not a play style. Your conflation of the term is the real issue here. Look, if you like the bits and bobs of retail then play retail. It’s really not that hard. Stop trying to ruin Classic for those who really want the original feel of the game.

1 Like

Which still exists in Classic and Retail.

No, you’re right, just not in the way you meant it. Addons enchance the experience in the same way Mods for Single-Player games do, though Addons here have a much lesser effect then Mods due to this game being an MMO. Most really will just give you information when you break it down, and it’s still up to you on what to do with that information. Info on the DPS of the DPS, info on the loot items, info on the dungeon locations, info on the junk prices without visiting a vendor.

Your and other people’s Conflation of Addons being only related to Retail even though Addons existed back in Vanilla and denying people of that choice and actively support of taking out a functionality that was in Vanilla isn’t?

I mean, you want to talk about ruining the feel of Classic? can we not start with taking out addons?.. like… isn’t that part of Vanilla’s history? aren’t you technically destroying the original feel of the game?.. :neutral_face:

I’l gladly leave you be to your own experience and such, but i don’t think you should try to bring other people down or divide the people further by saying “go play retail”. And Personally i think Classic needs all the people it can get. I’m genuinely interested in playing Classic.

2 Likes

Okay I was extrapolating. The typical addon feature is convenience. Convenience is okay so long as it dosent break the rpg in wow.

We are mostly talking about group finders which eliminate by a huge factor (automates) the social aspect of breaking the ice and trying to get groups for dungeons.

Since they’re saying “don’t tell me how to play”, doesn’t that indicate that they are likely an any and all addons supporter?

If not, why bring it up in the first place, unless maybe as a thought experiment?

You are more than welcome to get it, but Blizzard has already said they are breaking the functionality of it.

1 Like

This is everybodies game :slight_smile:

Strawman. Argument is invalid.

I personally don’t care whether other players use addons that affect more than themselves. It’s a game.

My bad health and how doctors behave gets my shorts in a knot. My low income and how often I have to count pennies also do. Having some eight-year-old player in braces instruct his toon to /spit on my corpse never does, and should not affect any player that way if the player has worked for a living and is raising kids of their own. ESPECIALLY if the player is raising their own kids. That requires brand new elevated standards of understanding what “it’s just a game” even means.

Convenience-sample polling right on this forum has produced poll results that show a significant number of us are over 40 years of age and most of the rest are over 30 years of age. That these kinds of issues ever evoke displays of strong feelings always makes me smell a parachute raid from the Kindergarten recess yard when it happens. How about we get the teachers supervising recess to keep the parachutes under lock and key so our beloved children can’t get at them?

Thank you for reading.

1 Like

Yep, but you can’t use your play style from CoD in Starcrft1. And screaming at Blizzard to modify Starcraft1 so you can would be close to the height of stupidity, wouldn’t it? Same logic trying to modify classic to accomodate retail, when classic was resurrected for the folks who DON’T . WANT . RETAIL.

Asking for such modifications is YOU trying to dictate to THEM how to play a game Blizzard brought back FOR THEM because THEY asked for it for almost 10 years.

No one will try to make you play any way you can think of, except the folks who CONTROL the bloody game. And they’ve already said “No.” Just because that word has never been entered in your vocabulary before doesn’t mean it’s a bad word; it means you’re just not able to accept the fact that some things may not be for you.

1 Like

Thats it right there OP ! AMEN AMEN Let the Church say “AMEN” !!

This is not YOUR game. This is not MY game. This is Blizz game. Only they control it.

I will play any addons I choose!

(MIC LOUD DROP)

1 Like

… to be played within the parameters Blizzard has established for the game.

Well not all Addons are equally convenient. Storyline comes to mind being one of the addons that slows down leveling, but not for malicious reasons. It’s for those who would like the closest thing to guild wars 2-este conversation cutscenes in WoW and helps immerse them into the story a bit more. And theirs some that are just for fun like Adapt, a 3d animated portrait. And another is an extension to those who wish to play with a controller, (though not ideal in an MMO Like this one) is Console Port.

I’m not really a supporter or hater of those kinds of addons or LFG in retail. While it’s extremely useful, i can see why in a game like classic it would be detrimental to it in a game where being social is pretty much encouraged, not the requirement mind you.

This isn’t a completely black and white issue here. Just because he said “Don’t tell me how to play” doesn’t mean he’s outright supporting addons. He’s simply saying “Don’t detatice how i’m going to play Classic, it’s my choice, not yours.” Maybe i missed somewhere where he does support them, but nonetheless, you can be against people telling you how to play and not support addons. I support addons and i don’t care about LFG addons, that doesn’t mean i support them or hate them.

To qoute myself…

Explain how’s my argument is invalid? Addons is a functionality from vanilla and a choice that WoW Gamers make.

1 Like

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent’s argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

In other words, your argument is invalid.

Explain why my agrument, specifically, is invalid and not give me the definition of strawman. I know, what a strawman is. I want to know why specifically, my agrument is invalid. Explain, elaborate.

Stop dodging my questions.