*Fairbanks* Eve coalition? Addons breaking tos?

I’ve been reading your replies and it just gets worse and worse. Are you a part of this coalition or something? :sob:

1 Like

Your reading comprehension is at an all time low if that’s what you’ve concluded after reading this thread lmao

WoW is an entirely different beast. Let them try, they won’t be able to do it. Should cause some fun drama though!

but will they actually do anything about it before it matters?

Goon squad, is that you?

1 Like

Any chance we could get a blue response on this? This seems like a pretty big deal

Do you have any real arguments, or something?

No.

10chars

@Kaivax Can we get a comment on whether this would be a violation of TOS?

This is why you just don’t post auctions from the same character you farm the stuff on. AH mules are wonderful things… lol

I always have and always will use mules, but it doesnt make what theyre trying to do OK

Nope, it really doesn’t, but I’m not sweating it too bad. If they are going to end up dependent on their precious addon for doing this, it’s going to get leaked, it’s going to get modified. Next thing you know they are going to end up with ruined data simply from people running a version of the addon with random garbage data being shared instead of legit data. All to troll these try hards.

I don’t expect this endeavor to last much longer than a month to be honest.

1 Like

wah wahh someone is better the me …
wah wah the sky is falling…

I think the blue post in this thread sums up how they feel about “social networks” formed by addons:

1 Like

With LFG out of the way (Thank you Blizzard). This is what I want to see Blizzard squash next.

Any guilds that attempt to arrange a massive cross-faction coalition in order to control the market, deserve an instant ban.

I suspect he is. He’s doing the “it’s no big deal” dance a leetle too enthusiastically.

If the LFG addon was against the spirit of Vanilla, isn’t this one as well?

The fact the player “tracking” is really prominent, I’d like to not have the NSA on the server.

this is obviously okay to the anti lfg people :stuck_out_tongue:

My purpose was to help broaden the exposure of this. I appreciate the responses still no blue post unfortunately… I’m all for wars over resources, extensive wpvp etc.

The things listed in the OP are unsettling to say the least, the issue is multiple UI addons make what a lot of this looks to be extremely easy to do. I don’t even care about X guild is ok with X cross guild … it adds to immersion. Things that track players / mark entire guilds / flag players guilds etc … isn’t wow like, and that’s what’s distressing.

If someone was organizing this through discord or their own player lists or guilds etc it’s one thing, to automatically know who’s apart of your scheme from max distance is another imo.

These will all be fresh servers and I cannot wait for the chaos of wpvp over resources!

I do ask if this is in fact all true, and plausible that it is… once we find out who exactly these players / guilds are, if they’re allowed to disrupt an economy the way a bot would except through the means listed… We Blacklist and KOS as both factions and bury these idiots before they can get the ball rolling. This would reduce overall economic server damage in the long run and most likely force them out.

If it would be detrimental to the economy and effect a majority of the player-base in a negative way I would hope blizz would step in and crush this. It’s about everyone enjoying the game not the %1 that are ruining it for everyone else.