Shame on Icy Veins (LFG addon promotion)

Where’s Star at? Hiding cause he got smacked down and is a laughing stock? I really wanted to laugh in that troll’s face…

1 Like

discord channels don’t interact with the client or automate any part of the group gathering process in game.

the problem is that it automates the process. this is exactly what destroyed community in the live game.

this should not need to be explained to a rational adult.

1 Like

Rational being key here. Look at the QQ cause ppl can’t have LFG in CLASSIC. Ya, not what I would call rational.

1 Like

By use of the auto-invite? Sure, okay, but that’s literally just using an invite macro. You could literally set one up and press a button without needing any special addons for that. Other than that it’s doing nothing that Classic WoW didn’t already do back in the day after Patch 1.5 since 1.5 allowed you to queue for dungeons via the meeting stone queue system from any innkeeper.

As I said in the other thread:

Re-iterating this part for people so you understand something.

The part of the addon he is talking about is the part where the addon used the addon communication channel to automatically show groups being made by the addon to other people using the addon whether there was a chat advertisement or not.

If the addon removes that functionality and instead just focuses on parsing and posting in chat (which it also already has the capability of doing), this is NOT creating an interconnected social network that relies on other players using that same add-on. It instead would simply be presenting information or providing aesthetic customization.

Don’t be surprised when the addon is converted into a perfectly functioning form and still utilized without the addon to addon communication.

2 Likes

If BFA is so amazing and you are all happy playing then why are you here spending all your time trolling on classic forums instead of working towards you next achievement in BFA. Whatever it is mount, weapon, title or even level ?
Answer: because you don’t have to spend anytime in game to accomplish anything its all given to you, allowing to spend more time in classic forums with your hold my hand attitude’s.

3 Likes

GJ everyone for fighting for Classic.

Be vigilant in case others try to attack the spirit of Vanilla WoW.

3 Likes

PVP will die with this addon .delete it and stop any other lfg from happening or people will feel forced to find a group or be handicap .

let me know the time and date, I will come to the funeral and bring flowers.

Oh there’s plenty to grind on BfA. There’s an achievement and title for getting all the essences to rank 4, a task that would be far harder and grindier than anything the game has ever had.

But no one cares because there’s already a million titles, achievements; mounts and the feeling of character progression has been lost in WoW for years.

1 Like

regardless of this addon, you still will be unable to play with people cross server

that’s the main issue in retail
a group forming addon will still be same realm etc, making it feel quite a bit different from retail imo

regardless of that, I hope blizz takes a big axe and cuts this trash in half

Since you are that fragile. Stay in retail.

1 Like

The LFD and LFR features are literally part of BFA, so why don’t you play BFA if you want ‘streamlined’ grouping?

As for me, I’ll be gaining allies the old fashioned way in Classic.

Yea. I feel if we really want to form groups we can just start a Discord server for each realm. I agree to disable it ingame because it will force players to use it, hence totally change the grinding experience and social aspects of vanilla such as finding a good guild and making friends to play. Thank you Blizz for the intervention.

honestly if public wants original vanilla experience, why wont blizz ban all the addons, there it is. play like it like it should be played, dont be a pussy.

also i agree on removing lfg addon in the beginning phase, but i can already feel the pain after 3-4 months after release with declined population it will take hours to put group/raid together. so blizz will change their stance on it for sure, or introduce lfg in the later stages.

Anyone else sick of these people spamming that an addon that no one used existed?

I won’t be surprised. The creator of this addon is hellbent on forcing his garbage down our throats. He lied in his interview about EVERY single function of his addon with Esfand and hid features. He is really not a great human being at all.

2 Likes

He disabled the comments on his page at curse also. There is nothing there.

1 Like

To everyone crying and whining about this addon being blocked, Pro tip:

Open a chat box and type /join LFG

BOOM there’s your group finder when you’re out in the world. You’re welcome.

2 Likes