RP AddOns In Classic. Will they work?

That is the entire point. The tools WoW’s RP community have been using for a decade and a half are potentially being broken. How can someone be so terrible at reading?

2 Likes

What an addon does and how an addon does it are two different things. I’m sure RP addons work similar to some combat addons. Considering RPers are worried the RP addons won’t work after Blizzard makes the change, I’m assuming RP addons share stuff under the hood with this LFG addon.

Easiest way to do it is to just disable the ability for addons to send group invites. That breaks the most egregious part of the addon, bringing it in line with stuff like Call to Arms, while still keeping RP addons functional.

Plus a precedent is there for that change already when Blizz broke World Quest Group Finder.

1 Like

MRP is already confirmed to be ported over to ‘Classic’ and is working. There’s no word on TRP.

This is what I’m hoping if it means RP addons can still work. Will RP addons be fine if they also get rid of the talent sharing portion of the LFG addon?

I’m aware but they’ll be making changes a few weeks after launch to break the LFG addon.

MRP falls within the concept of ‘providing aesthetic customization’.

TRP works on a social network, it has a ‘database’ of RPers and a search function that shows RPers locations in the world. It likely won’t be ported to Classic.

If TRP creates a social network so does MRP. Like they function the exact same. They can even cross-interact.

I realize that. I don’t think they’re going to intentionally go after RP addons because they aren’t “in the spirit of Classic”. I’m more worried that whatever changes they make to break the LFG addon will also break the RP addons as an unfortunate side effect.

And depending on how hard they go after the LFG addon it sounds like that’s exactly what could happen. Hopefully they’re cautious but Blizzard is know for swinging the the pendulum far in the other direction when they make a change.

It’s all idle speculation at this point.

Its kind of funny after all the rude and belittling posts over the last couple days you never mentioned RP once. Now that you have lost the argument you piggy back on another cause to revive the effort. LOL its comical really.

Look at my realm. Blackwater Raiders is an RP realm. I played on CC and Earthen Ring before that. I have characters on almost every RP realm. In fact I only have one character that isn’t on a RP realm.

I realize you have some weird vendetta against all addons, but not everything is a conspiracy. I didn’t mention RP before because I don’t talk about all of my hobbies in unrelated topics and didn’t even consider that RP addons could be broken as an unintended side effect of the change until after the blue post, I saw someone mention RP addons breaking, and then my friends started talking about RP addons dying.

You won’t be getting any more responses from me.

Aside from the obvious (IE: Already ported to Classic), its database is just the information saved from previous uses so you can view profiles when people are offline

Its basically a cache.

The last few days it didn’t relate to RP at all because it was a group finder issue, not an RP issue

Now that one of the longest standing RP addons is being broken due to something unrelated, people start bringing it up.

2 Likes

Honestly, I wasn’t expecting the “RP finder” that shows other Rpers on your map to work in Classic. As long as the standard character description stuff continues to work, I’ll be happy.

2 Likes

well we do not know if it will be broken or not. I am a role player since 98, so I do understand. But things need to be in the era of the game. I think it will be alright really.

MRP and a much older version of TRP have been in since Vanilla. Heck, there was even a third one I completely forgot the name of

If Classic cannot support those addons for whatever reasons, then it fails at providing a Vanilla-like experience.

3 Likes

Was called FlagRSP, someone reminded me earlier in the thread. I think that was my first RP addon but not certain. :smiley:

1 Like

My favorite RP addon was one that changed your /say, /whisper, /yell, etc. into a Dwarven accent (I think they had one for Trolls, too). Basically the addon parsed your text and replaced common words with Dwarven (think how some of the Dwarven NPCs speak).

That was it! My first one as well. Nice, small and self-contained.

I used one that I believe was called Tongues. It wasn’t perfect but was fun lol

If is the word, don’t get worked up yet.