Loud obnoxious response

No, it didnt. It was not convenient to discard players unless they were completely unbearable because you had to summon them and without a warlock handy that meant long walks dodging trash you may have avoided or maybe even trash that respawned just to get to the summoning stone with another party member, then running back. You didn’t just have the next player warp right in for you. There are CRITICAL systems at work here that make up the fall of retail’s sense of community that are simply not present in this addon.

‘Human nature’ is going to bite cynics like you in the face pretty hard. I hope you’re not actually paying for your subscription fee because you can and will lose the ability to play through community notoriety.

Does this tool also introduce CRZ? That was the real issue, I remember very clearly when it happened. It’s the fact that you’re often randomly grouped with people you will likely never see again and have the entirety of your region rather than your server to pull players from.

Being able to more consistently meet other players on your server is more likely to be a benefit than harmful. As Grimey points out, there’s still a finite number of people to choose from and if you just kick people who aren’t the best, you will rapidly run out of players who will play with you.

And let’s not pretend like no one is ever willing to help new players in LFG/premades. Not to say it isn’t a fairly common issue, it absolutely is, but I know that I personally will slow down and help people learn the ropes when I get newer, inexperienced players in my group. I have a lot of btag friends that I met and offered to add so that they could message me if they needed a healer or advice.

And based on how important the community appears to be to everyone here, shouldn’t that be more common in Classic than it is on live, especially with no cross-realm grouping? We’ll surely get some players from live who don’t care about the same things we do, but I find it hard to believe that all of them are going to stick around on a permanent basis and act like they do on live.

LFG will effect people. Along those same arguments you can say a lot of things, like transmog and LFR dont effect others, but they do. If you allow them in the game, then just play retail because that is how we got here in the first place.

1 Like

Oh you did…you just didn’t realize it was being used. Call to Arms let you type in a message of your own creation to spam chat for invites to groups. It wasn’t some default “LF (insert role) for X dungeon” spammed every single time it was used like some people are thinking regarding addons like that

Guess what happened.

There ya go

Nothing because discord still exists? Literally nothing has changed. It is good to see that we can get them to move with enough of a stink I just hope this doesn’t set a dangerous precedent for getting our way when its undeserved though.

I think it’s Semolina.

Then why where you fighting so hard? Go to your discord and live your life of bliss.

Then stop complaining.

Have fun in discord. :laughing:

See you guys in discord too because by your logic you’ll have to to get groups lol

I was on team #nochanges, actually. So it wasn’t me raising a stink about this one.

Unfortunately, everything has an adverse impact. Look I get it, we all should ideally be able to use, or not use, any addon we wish. The problem is that the LFG Addon draws users from the traditional social LFD methods. The adverse impact in this case is that drawing those players to the addon reduces the pool of players LFG in the traditional social methods. Give it a chance without the addon.

Yes.

No. Maybe.

Definitely.

Definitely not.

Literally all it does is scan chat channels for you… I’ve seen far worse when I was playing retail vanilla.

Can’t speak for others, but I never saw anyone use LFG addons and I had ~200 days played from the 2 years prior to BC release. And unlike post-WotLK, I actually interacted with thousands of people back then. Whether they existed or not, I never saw a single person mention LFG addons.

I played on Uther alliance, Gilneas horde and kil’jaeden horde during vanilla. Uther used the addon a lot mostly because the server had a maintained and well moderated world chat channel that the lfg addon utilized. That world chat made it work quite well because it would work regardless of location thanks to the way world chat works.
Kil’jaeden tried to use it but there were too many trolls that kept getting admin for the world chat channel and banning people from it so everyone just stopped using the channel.

Edit: oh well it’s a moot point since Blizz is going to restrict the functions the addon needs to work properly.

1 Like

Wait, there’s a chat filter mod upsetting people? What’s that about?

Ion literally telegraphed way back in November that addons like the LFG would not be allowed.

The LFG addon does exactly what Ion said they didn’t like: create a private social network specifically for users of the addon, that others cannot see.

They have a history of breaking LFG addons with similar features, even in retail. Remember oQueue?

This thread is pointless. One side won and one side lost. The game is going to launch in less then 3 days. Both sides should be happy about that at least. Cheers.

3 Likes