Do something about boosting

Vanilla and TBC were not even REMOTELY like classic in regard to boosting. The point is that HAD IT BEEN HAPPENING AT THIS FREQUENCY DURING VANILLA, THEY WOULD HAVE STOPPED IT.

You really don’t have a legit argument at this point.

Sounds like you didn’t play when they first released the new races/classes.

I assure you, on my server it was like this. Perhaps not as many paid boosts, but as many boosts, accounting for the different population caps on servers, of course.

But keep talking in all caps, I’m sure that makes you feel like you’re right.

1 Like

I mean he is right, Blizzard has always worked to dissuade players from power leveling. Power leveling back then wasn’t even a percentile. I’ve had 60’s get me loot or quests, but never farm experience back then. This is a serious problem that Blizzard would have stepped in and fixed at how rampant it is.

It’s really sad at how much better of an experience this could of been if #nochanges wouldn’t of been so toxic.

1 Like

I think there’s a maximum speed they are comfortable with a player levelling at, and anything above that speed gets nerfed in a hurry. You’ll note throughout the game’s life, when something allows players to level TOO fast, it doesn’t matter how many or how few players are doing it; it gets nerfed and quick.

I don’t think boosting is fast enough to justify nerfing. I don’t think the number of players doing it is relevant in the slightest. I don’t think they nerfed it back then because it wasn’t fast enough either. The 5 instance/hour lockout puts an effective cap on it.

I do think if it was a way to level too fast, they would have nerfed it regardless of how many people were doing it.

Pretend that was not what was being referred to. :roll_eyes:

Reminder that Blizzard went out of their way to disable API for addons like ClassicLFG, and made tweaks to xp gained from running dungeons as a raid, but see nothing wrong with players 15+ levels below the recommended instance requirement sitting afk while a higher level powers them to 60.

Oh, so you’re just an idiot then. Can’t say I’m surprised.

There’s no functional difference between a paid or unpaid boost. It’s still a boost. Boosting happened back then.

1 Like

Keep pretending that this is not the issue:

But yeah, continue to attempt to obfuscate with the inane attempt to bring unpaid boosts into the conversation.

You have an ignore list, don’t you? And an addon that makes it infinite?

Sounds like the problem is solved then, if it’s just spam in the channel.

At any rate, a boosting group is still a group and has just as much right to post there as you.

Yes, I do. But that does not excuse how boosting craps up the channel in the first place

So they’re clouding it up just as much as anyone posting about a different instance than you want to run.

Don’t like it? Tough.

2 Likes

I don’t know how Blizzard would fix this, but nowadays, even in high pop servers it’s nearly impossible to get a legitimate group going for a leveling dungeon. All i see is people selling or trying to purchase runs. I mean, it’s your gold and you should be able to rent a high level to run you through, but if you’re new to the server and don’t have a stash of gold from your main to feed you money for runs, you’re toast, you’re simply not going to run any dungeons until lv60.

I actually have a theory that he is one of Evilbadguy’s Mage farming alts. They are both from the same server and both have demonstrated their admiration for greed and avarice in the game. It would make sense as a way of getting around the 30 instance limit. I am sure they are both the pride of their respective guilds. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Eh true, it does shave off a few days now that they put a cap on instances. I guess for me personally it’s the “new player experience”. I’ve only leveled classes because I want to and not for various tasks. The whole point of bringing back classic was to re-live the experience though. Starting out as a new player there really is no good server to go to.

High populations will have tons of world traffic and little dungeon grouping. Medium servers might not have enough world traffic nor players to form groups for elites / dungeons. You’re really not going to have a decent time if you have no friends and a guild that is willing to help out either.

I think the real problem as far as classic is concerned is there’s much less new players as there was in vanilla, and those that do come to the game don’t really follow a pattern, it just happens intermittently.

If you’re looking for realms with active groupers, both the realms I play on seem pretty good. Try Bloodsail Buccaneers for PvE, or Grobbulus for PvP. Have to be ok with RPers though.

1 Like

Until there’s a rule. Introduce max-level for instances

I don’t believe in a “spirit of the game”. Everyone plays VERY differently.

But I agree that the LFG channel is a big problem, especially on high-pop servers. We really need 4 “world-wide” channels for these 4 users:

1. people trying to form a group (LFM, LFG)

2. people selling or buying carries (WTB, WTS)

3. people advertising their guilds (non-stop spamming for hours)

4. people who want to talk anonymously about off-game topics (sex, race, religion, politics) and force an audience to listen to them. I guess the /1 and /2 channels and guild chat just aren’t a big enough audience for some people…

In my opinion users of LFG are only doing ONE of these 4 things.

3 Likes

Darn, just scanning the forums before i go to sleep. Seen this post and thought, DANG if he aint speaking the truth idk what truth is. Tried to scroll up to the post and like it only to find out i already did.

um no?

people still need to travel to the instance.

if you are suggesting the instaporting to the dungeon crap then you can gtfo of these forums.

They can’t put a max level cap on lower level dungeons because vital raid supplies come from these dungeons that 60s need. It was intended for us to go back into them to farm things.

1 Like