Addons can no longer use /who functionality

Using /who wasn’t the issue with ClassicLFG. This change is about something else… probably layers.

I doubt that. Herod queues have been pretty darn consistent recently.

So… are you going to update the addon so that it works?

After 30 mins this morning ClassicCensusPlus found 0 players.

/who has nothing to do with layers and Blizzard has actually stated that as fact.

Another popular theory is that you can determine your current layer by doing a /who in a capital city, and comparing the results against the /who your friend does. That doesn’t work because /who returns results from the entire realm, not just from your layer, and if the result set is too large it truncates the results before sorting them.

My bets are on Blizz trying to brick gold seller chat channel invites; they’re likely automated with a custom addon that relies on /who.

2 Likes

Why else would they break the census addons though? And Herod queues have gone from 20k down to 5k~6k during peak hours. There is no queue on Herod for most of the day.

It’s right here.

I seriously think they’re not giving us the whole story there.

I genuinely have no idea.

It was only 20k for a few days. For the past couple weeks it’s been consistently around 5k during peak.

Colateral damage? To players who are against plug ins or game changes? The whole API could be shut down without damage to anything they care about (I am not one of them, but your ’ colateral damage’ in post after post seems an excessive assumption.)

SendWho isn’t really part of the ClassicLFG core functionality.

This change isn’t targeted at ClassicLFG.

2 Likes

And where does that say “So we will be removing the ability for AddOns to use the SendWho() API call” It doesn’t, so again, provide me something concrete, vs all the nonsense being pulled out of thin air and quoted as concrete proof.

1 Like

You must not be responding to my post. I know how to spell collateral.

I’m not sure what you hope to accomplish by aggressively shouting “everyone is wrong!” :thinking:

You must be avoiding the issue. The thread isn’t about spelling.

1 Like

Don’t presume you know how I’m playing the game, nor that you can dictate it. For all you know, I could be doing all of those things to find my groups. It’s logical to assume that, because Blizzard provided an LFG channel in the first place, it’s intended that you find groups with random people, outside your social circle. It’s also logical to assume that, even if you’re in a guild, you won’t exclusively find party members that way. If you do, great, but it’s not the only way to play.

Good for you, fella! I’ve done those things too! However, I do see you whinging about how other people want to play the game in a way that absolutely, in no way, has any impact on how you play the game.

3 Likes

I think this FAR more to do with gold sellers doing mass channel invites for people they aren’t in zones with than with any other addon.

5 Likes

This is all very sad.

Something everyone should be grateful for.

What you could do with the original “macro system of yore” would make… eh… I’d say 90% of players $h*t their pants in rage induced seizures.

1 Like

I’m actually using less AddOns in Classic than I did in Vanilla. The only AddOn I have installed now that I didn’t really have a counterpart for in Vanilla is WeakAuras. Otherwise, I think a lot of people don’t recall how many AddOns there were back in Vanilla (though they were a bit harder to track down, install, update, etc.)

We’re not using the Retail API. We’re using the Classic API. They have some similiarites but they have many more differences, which is why so many Retail addons do not work in Classic.

1 Like

I thought addons were spooky in vanilla. I thought they would steal my account.

1 Like