Classic Content Unlocking in December

Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley will open in WoW Classic the week of December 10. At the same time, Elemental Invasions will occur in Kalimdor, with Blazing, Thundering, Watery, and Whirling Invaders appearing in Un’goro Crater, Azshara, Winterspring, and Silithus respectively.

We’ve been following the deadly deeds of the Classic community closely over the last week as the Honor system sparked an impressive amount of World PvP on PvP realms, and we’re excited to see what might transpire over the next three weeks. Nonetheless, like many of you, we can’t wait to charge into some battlegrounds, so we’ve detached this content unlock from the plan we previously announced. Blackwing Lair and Darkmoon Faire are coming in early 2020.

We’ll have an exact timestamp for this content unlock to share with you in early December.

See you there!

106 Likes

Thanks!

Characters

2 Likes

Finally!!!

1 Like

They should have let people wait in the queue then reroll on new servers naturally than the nightmare you created by allowing players to flood balanced servers with transfers.

7 Likes

In accordance with the prophecy.

Seriously, though. Honor without BGs was a bad idea.

37 Likes

Wow…

We’re really speeding through everything.

Thanks for the update.

19 Likes

One week later, and there it is. I can dig it. Glad we’re not just getting WSG, although I wish we were also getting Arathi Basin.

10 Likes

In

/10 chars

1 Like

I called it immediately but this still sucks. Classic will be over by the end of 2020.

46 Likes

W00t this is great news, wish it was sooner!

Announce BC servers for the Summertime release, Mmmkay?

16 Likes

My only surprise is AV is coming out too, figured you guys would hold off on that until after BWL.

4 Likes

“Impressive amount of world pvp” <-- I haven’t even been able to level since phase 2 came out. What’s impressive about being level 54 and getting ganked every 10 seconds by groups of 60s?

You guys really **** the bed on this one. Don’t pat yourself on the back.

38 Likes

Thanks for info. But is disappointing. At this rate you should just drop the phased content and release everything. If the phases are this short then they really seem pointless.

34 Likes

I agree and I’m hoping even more now that eventually we will see fresh TLP servers because I do not feel I am getting my money’s worth experiencing the phases of the game the way I had hoped.

9 Likes

Just lower server population to original numbers and the problem is solved. No changes****

9 Likes

Naxx by March!

Who would have guess phase 2 would last all of 3 weeks!!!

11 Likes

BG’s were in Vanilla, we are in 1.13 or w/e. releasing bg’s is no changes. Derp.

2 Likes

Im sure the release of WSG and AV were due to the phase 2 pvp complaints. This is just a loose dressing on a open bleeding wound. It will help a little but wont fix it.

5 Likes

Well this is awesome

1 Like

Wow, at this rate we will be in Naxx by this summer. Cheers.

6 Likes