We are now closer to February than Early December

Word for word quote. Nothing but silence in the almost 2 months since.

This is obviously creating a problem within the community.

4 Likes

They are too busy counting the sub money they get from multi-boxers and bot accounts.

Sorry.

14 Likes

Creating a problem in the community? Not for me it isn’t. It’ll get here when it gets here. What’s the hurry? The sooner it comes out, the sooner you’re back in here griping about have P4 isn’t coming soon enough.

R-E-L-A-X

10 Likes

they arnt going to launch classic content during the 8.3 patch launch.they will do what they do every patch time gated raids then the world first race and it will take about a month.

2 Likes

Who cares? It comes when it comes.

1 Like

It will drop in a few weeks. I’m guessing around the 2nd or 3rd week of Feb. Why you ask? Well because that is when the 6 month subs expire for people who sub’d at release.

4 Likes

The issue is not the actual release date of BWL (though that’s also causing some problems, such as boredom), it’s the lack of follow-up.

If you say you’re going to announce something in “early December” but don’t, you’re not keeping your word. If their plans for BWL have been changed (not unlikely, as the ActiBlizz beancounters probably don’t want to overlap with retail’s latest challenge for the Champions of Azeroth™) then just say that.

“Hi Classic fans, we don’t have an exact date yet for our release of BWL but stay tuned for more announcements.” Literally all it takes to keep their word of a December statement.

4 Likes

Don’t do it,
When you want to sock it to it

1 Like

The “word for word” quote you cherry picked from the rest of the post was referring to the Dec 10th content NOT the BWl release date. I suspect you might have known this though.

3 Likes

It needs to be made very clear that the vast majority of people here do not give a fk about retail patching. Send the message.

4 Likes

Simply not true. Makes no sense to say they will soon give us the dates of something they already gave us a date for.

1 Like

They meant Dec 2020. I can see how this is confusing to some people. You will have plenty of retail to go back to before then. So go back to it.

1 Like

the devs do and they dont give a fk about you wanting bwl.

Nobody is annoyed that BWL hasn’t been released yet. We’re loving it right now.

Everybody is annoyed that Blizzard is completely unable to communicate.

6 Likes

Optimism. I like it.

1 Like

“Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley will open in WoW Classic the week of December 10. At the same time, Elemental Invasions will occur in Kalimdor, with Blazing, Thundering, Watery, and Whirling Invaders appearing in Un’goro Crater, Azshara, Winterspring, and Silithus respectively.”

They said it was the week of the 10th and… “We’ll have an exact timestamp for this content unlock to share with you in early December.”

Would provide us with an exact time stamp of when during that week.

1 Like

8.3 is dropping soon, its unwise to have one stream of wow content step on the d of another, since every sub is playing both versions of the game.

So I’ve been going back to all the posts that dig into the literary nature behind the statements.

Originally I was in the side of “we will have an exact time stamp…” referring to bwl.

But now I’m wondering if they really meant timestamp as in time of day. As in why time of day would the first battleground be open. “We will have an exact timepstamp for this content in early December” and they did tell us what time the battlegrounds would drop on the day before I believe.

Additionally they did say bwl early 2020. But the other part of the phase 3 patch is being ignored and can actually give us a clue about when it will be released. With the Dark Moon Faire being a week long event that typically is held towards the beginning of the month.

Currently, the DMF was in retail Jan 5-11, as in currently ongoing. I believe that the phase 3 content will be dropped early february, being announced just in time to convince the 6 month subs who have only february left, to the resubscribe for another 6 months at the end of February after raiding bwl for a few short weeks.

Either early Feb or Early March if they feel they can push the 6 month sub grab to the point where they can bring players back who unsubbed after february.

1 Like

Not every sub. They can keep their retail trash. I am only here for Classic.

2 Likes

Lol where have you been during the current administration?

These are the same guys that releases a system knowing it was bad, but still tried to sell it.

If anything, they’ll explain how the playerbase caused the delay and how they do this for our benefit

1 Like