Game Freezes/Crashes GPU fans screaming when opening specific UI Elements - June 2023

Yup same here. Its particularly bad when loading UI aspects and sometimes loadng new instances. It can hang for several minutes sometimes.

2 Likes

Also hve this Issue. Trying to install the highres assets now.

1 Like

update, it seems for now at least the issue has been fixed for me after downloading the high resolution textures. will report back again if it starts freezing again however to correct this

Having the same issue here. Longest pause has been around 3 minutes.

Running a 3080, 10th gen i9, 1440p 144hz,

Will install the hi res assets and see if it’s fixed.

This issue is an absolute killer for motivation to play this game.

7 Likes

Update: i’ve installed the high res pack and now all freezing is completely gone, @Wolfy910 you’re a godsend cheers man

Hey everyone,

For those who experienced this issue and it was resolved by installing the High Res Textures, could you please report this specific issue on the Bug Report Forums to help our Dev teams investigate the issue.

If you have updated to the high res assets and it did not help the issue, and your symptoms match what is being described here, please follow the steps here and reply back if further assistance is needed. (Be sure to include the information requested in the linked post.)

1 Like

Downloading the high res textures seems to have helped for me. There’s still a little pause opening menus but nowhere near as bad as before, and fast travelling isn’t locking up anymore.

I’v noticed that my GPU peaks when I open a 3D model in the UI, like character screen or when talking to an NPC and the box is on screen. But not in the “Weapon Expertise” page or when opening the map up. Setting game to 100FPS max has kept my card from maxing out but it still spikes when I open the character sheet every time. I’v tried all the solutions on this topic and have had no changes to the bump in GPU usage.

Other than this, looks great on ultra.

cpu: i7 9700k
gpu: 3080 ultra ftw3
ram: 32g

2 Likes

I had no issues on Day 1 (with high res pack installed) but now seem to have this problem, not sure what to try when I already have high-res pack installed

2 Likes

same problem here
kind of short freezes
high res installed

Same issue here. Downloaded game today. Noticed that the 1-5minute pauses were directly correlated to doing something new (i.e. the first time i leveled during that play session, the first time a certain pop up box appeared, entering a new area etc).

Also happened for every single merchant in the first town like it was struggling to show the character model at the top left.

Has made the game totally unplayable.

My PC is well above the required specs, and when it does run it’s butter smooth.

Edit: audio was continuous during each pause, visual was not.

Edit 2: some of my friends are having same issue with a mixed of hi-res and not hi-res installed.

Looks like it fixed itself? I started playing WoW and then re-opened diablo later and now seem to not have this issue… Random!

edit : no freeze in low graphics cant play smooth in ultra

I had this exact issue too. Drove me crazy.

Found this thread, downloaded the high res texture pack - fixed it immediately.

(I didn’t need to actually use the textures, just downloaded the extra 40GB.)

cpu: 7600x
gpu: 4070Ti
ram: 32g

Thanks all

yeah I could play fine until the hotfix yesterday…with high res assets enabled from the start

This specifically has been reported to double GPU utilization and increase GPU temps to their throttle point, unless you have FPS capped at ~60.

I have it downloaded and my GPU still runs hot only when Inventory is open.

PC Sounds like a Jet Engine - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)
High res and all of the other things you listed are not resolving this. The Thread link above has all of the system specs and game settings listed.

I thought it was just me but I guess not. It has been happening for at least a day or two now. Every time I open the UI for a merchant, inventory, you name it the game freezes for 5-10secs. It only happens when some overlay is going on too. Getting to be more than annoying.

EDIT: My GPU has been showing 0% since the problem started. Felt GPU fan to make sure was active and it was. Started up Steam to see if my GPU numbers would rise or stay the same and they are up so something is going on with the game. Even got the latest Nvidia driver from May 30th.

1 Like

Whenever I use my inventory or speak to a vendor ingame my GPU usage and temperature skyrockets to semi dangerous lvls. Normaly the temp stays around 52-55 degrees celsius, but skyrockets to 78-80 when the inventory / vendor / Blacksmith menu is openend. It legit makes me afraid of opening my inventory / salvaging items etc. Pls fix…

You can bandaid fix it by Capping your FPS below 120. This is becoming a very well documented issue that Blizzard is not acknowledging.

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

We want to try and start gathering some specific information on this.

Please collect the following information:

Then send them in an email to TechInfo@Blizzard.com

Please include:

Subject: Diablo IV - Vendor/Inventory Performance Issue.

Also include if this happens on all characters or specific ones:

Any other menus the issue happens on:

The specific details of what happens for you. (Increased GPU fans, Freezing, Crashing. Etc…)

Any other details you can think of.

7 Likes