GPU going mad in inventory / vendor menu

I have the issue, that my GPU is totally going mad if I open my inventory or if I visit a vendor.

Basically everytime this extra rendered char screen pops up it sounds like my GPU will start to melt soon.

Had the same issue in both betas and still now.

Have limited FPS to 60 with NVCP, but it did not help. (Have a rtx 3090).

I am totally afraid of using inventory for too long will melt down and damage my GPU, as the fans are crying so loud like not even Star Citizen or Cyberpunk in 4k can make them cry.

It sucks hard, because I am totally limited in playing the game. I cant even take my time to check item stats, because after a few seconds in inventory it sounds like a jet is going to start below my desk.

My GPU would go crazy in main menus and at wardrobe, for me the solution was to make sure settings are as follows:
VSync: ON
Nvidia Reflex: Disabled

Once I did that, no more GPU in going crazy :slight_smile:

Hope it will help you as well

Did not help, but thank you anyways :slight_smile:

Same issue described here Inventory/Vendor windows are causing massive uptick in GPU usage

Issue still there after the new patch. Was hoping they might “fix” it somehow.

It is super annoying.

Same issue unfortunately, while playing my GPU with Vsync enabled stays cool around 60/70% usage. As soon as I open the character inventory, wardrobe or any vendor scren gpu usage ramp up to 100% raising the temperature a lot.
I’m using AMD card so that “nvidia reflex” is not a solution for me.

Here’s my settings:
RX6800XT, 4k Ultra settings, Vsync ON (60FPS), Windows 11.

Please let us know how to fix it or patch the game if it’s a bug.
Thanks

The safeest thing you can do for now is to reduce settings and lower the overall load on the card. It won’t fix the fact that the game will suck heavy resources when you open those screens, but it will lower the temperatures to safer levels. Turning off Reflex and using DLSS lightens the load quite a bit.

If they don’t fix this before launch day it’s just plain irresponsible.

And they havent even said a single word to aknowledge this issue…come on blizzard…

Hey everyone, we will be tracking/updating this thread for this set of issues.

1 Like