Diablo IV 3080ti

I’m not too good on the technical part of hardware, is there a way for me to see if it’s still ‘cheap’ after the repair?

This has been discussed thoroughly. Search Palatech’s posts. If you have a Gigabyte card, you need to learn how to set your own fan curves. The Gigabyte BIOS does not work well with D4.

this works wonder, I did that, well capped it at 100 and lowerd stuff in general and the computer stopped sounding like it was about to take off.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bet on the card sent after RMA being of any better quality. I’ve seen enough RMA users with a second bricked GPU due to faulty hardware that in all likelihood Gigabyte is just swapping the dead GPUs for GPUs that were from the original lot of faulty cards and you’re more likely than not to pull a second hit on the loser lottery.

1 Like

You’d have to disassemble it. Not worth it. I would take Kirin’s advice as well and set your FPS limit to 60 if you do decide to roll the dice.

1 Like

I see… Is it confirmed that this reduces the risk of it happening again?

It depends if the underlying issue was a defect in the card, power supply issue or design issue.

A combination of of drivers and the game can put stress on your card, but they can’t brick it unless these other things are true.

Honestly I’m so pleased I haven’t upgraded to a 3080 I was considering it earlier this year.

I don’t regret sticking with my old GTX 970.

Think I shall wait it out another year and find something stable to buy.

That should certainly reduce the stress on unstable hardware.

Blizzard is obviously not commenting on it as it’s probably a combination of something inefficient in their code and something with these Gigabyte cards. Best you can do is to follow that thread, learn about your GPU and how to monitor and control it. We’re all in the same boat trying to fix it ourselves.

Except I’m not because I have a 4070.

Might be a dumb question but since this card is like not too good, wouldn’t it be smarter to get rid of this one and get a better one like the one you have?

2 Likes

If you can, yes. But you can also discover the cause yourself and attempt a workaround. It will take effort, but you will learn something useful in the process and contribute to the community.

And it’s not confirmed that the card is faulty per se but it could be the BIOS also and using the same type of card might not give you different results on its own.

That’s true! However I’m not too good in finding the issues myself and how to fix it since I have 0.0 knowledge on this, so I wouldn’t know where to start.

No. The idea is that it might decrease your power draw, which may reduce the risk of damage. There are simply too many variables to make any sort of guarantee whatsoever.

Personally, I’d do it, and if it blows up make them fix it again, and again, until the product you purchased either works appropriately, or they replace it with something that does. You could set the FPS at a limit, and maybe that works, but personally I’m not a fan of compromising the purpose you bought it for so the manufacturer can slide by selling you garbage and not making it right.

The problem is that if I keep sending it to get it repaired I’d have to keep sitting without my pc and thats not clever since I need it for school.

I hope it bricks mine. Buddy’s gigabyte died and they sent him a 4080ti.

I believe it’s related to the GPU temperature, but check Palatech Gaming for confirmation.

If you don’t have the time or patience to learn it, get a different brand or a different gpu, imo.

1 Like

That’s fair, though in that case I’d probably grab a used GT1030 / GT730 for $40-$50 as a backup.

Thing is, you can’t even guarantee that D4 will be the only thing that kills it, or that it will necessarily even be a game. Maybe you avoid D4 and X game comes out in a few months and that kills it.

Obviously you do you, but it’s either a working video card now, or a ticking time bomb.

So getting a different one might be the best option for now?

1 Like

Blizzard finally acknowledged that there is an issue and is now gathering data.