HIGH CPU usage sitting still and 100 when moving

Same issue here, laptop HP OMEN Ryzen 4800H + NVIDIA 2600.
Latest drives, fps max 60, Nvidia Reflex disabled, medium settings

While web browsing CPU temps are 65 C, with Diablo IV CPU temps get to 100 C, fans constantly at high speed and PC crashes. Although GPU temps stay stable at 65 C.

Same here. Ryzen 7 7700x and RTX 4080, 144hz, max settings.

CPU temp is around 50C but ramps up to 70C every minute or so for no reason. Even if i stand still and do nothing ingame.

CPU usage is around 20% and goes up to 35% when the problem occures.

GPU temps are stable.

Latest drivers are installed and tested pretty much every solution i could find in the forums.

I have a Ryzen 9 5900x that typically sits around 65c max during gaming under a NH-D15. Have had zero issues with my set-up in the past, until D4.

Every few minutes (anywhere between 1 minute to 5) it’ll randomly spike to almost 80c for just a second or two before going back down to usual temps. Doesn’t seem to matter where I am or what I’m doing.

CPU usage is never higher than 20-25%, and does not change during the temp spikes.

Performance is otherwise fine, but it’s very jarring having my case fans go haywire intermittently like this. GPU temps have so far been normal.

I have my own post about this where there’s others reporting a similar issue.

This did not happen during the Beta or Server Slam.

Same problem here.
Ryzen 7800X3D , Geforce 4090.

Normal temperature ingame ist around 50-55… But spikes every 1-2 mins to ~70 for no reason. Thought its my hardware, but it seems its a known problem.

yup. I also suffer from temp spikes every few minutes 50c to over 80c. Should I be concerned that diablo 4 will break my hardware?

Ryzen 7800X3d + Geforce 4080

I changed FideliteFX super-resolution 2 to Ultra performance
Disabled Navidia reflex low latency my CPU went from 89% to 41%
Hope this helps

1 Like

Also have this issue. Running an MSI 2080 Super with an Intel i7 10700K (3.8ghz) on W10. GPU is fine… a cool 50C. My liquid cooled CPU? 100C. Alt+tab out of game… back down to a cool 65. Alt+tab back into game… back to 100C. 100% has something to do with Diablo. I run Cyberpunk on Ultra… what in the world.

1 Like

Same issue i7-8700, RTX 3080TI, latest drivers.
CPU and GPU temp hitting 90s or even 100.
Fixed GPU temp by lowering resolution from 4k to 1440p and capping fps at 90/removing nvidia reflex low latency like others suggested.
Now GPU peaks at 80 (which is still high but managable), but CPU still spikes to 100.
Something is definitely wrong here.

2 Likes

Had same issue… CPU temps spiking to 70+… I’m running Ryzen 7 5700x and RTX 3060ti. What seems to help at least a little is undervolting of CPU… Even basic one Ryzen master offers by default (-22) in my case… There are still some spikes but less now

Same here. when I’m playing 60-70 celcius, but when I open inventory, vendor or bank, it will go up 80 85 celcius for no reason.
7700x RTX4070

Same here…

Ryzen 7800X3d + Geforce 4090.

GPU is totally fine.
CPU is ingame around 50C°~ … and jumps randomly every 1-3 mins to 70~. Delayed now my fans because its so annoying when they go skyrocket.

i7-8700K with a 3070 Ti same problem as everyone else.

I’ve run DDU, I’ve cranked the settings all the way down, I’ve disconnected a monitor and quit multi-tasking. This game last about a half hour and then locks up my computer. It’s a problem that’s progressed too. didn’t do this early on. Not experiencing this with any other game. Destiny 2 runs 4k while watching youtube on the second monitor without issue.

Edit: I’ve not observed taht memeory usage creeps up while playing. I’m running 2 16GB sticks, game boots up at 16GB usage and progresses until about 28 then it crashes.

1 Like

i7 9700k
gtx1080

Been having a lot of this issue. Only fix was to lower the max foreground fps to around 80. Tried messing with all other settings with no effect.

Ryzen 9 5900x also with 3080ti. GPU stays at 60c but CPU spikes to 100c at times avg around 75c+ regularly. I even turned off OC on cpu and put it on eco mode. Limit its power usage. Nothing works to bring down the temperature spike. D4 seems to be broken. When I play cyberpunk or redfall, it hits nowhere near this CPU temperature. Is only when I play D4 so I know D4 is the culprit. So when is blizzard doing something about this or am I suppose to give up on blizzard and D4? Their track record lately has been awful.

1 Like

Same issue here, I had to lower my frame rated to 100-120 to make the game playable.
I was constantly having insane CPU load and temp going to 90+.
Non-stop micro stutters, I have a Nvidea 3070 and an i7-11700KF

I have the same issue with an AMD 6650 XT and an i5-9600K. 100% cpu usage regardless if I’m walking or standing still.

Yup, Disabled Navidia reflex and minus 30 %
Thanks!

Same issue i5 12400F ,RTX 3070 Ti ,Pls Fix %100 CPU

There won’t be any fix, instead Blizzard mods will just come in and close the thread as their support is beyond garbage which happened to the vendor issue in the following thread, after over 30k views. They try to silence rather than fix, great great job Blizzard, same old shiz, different day:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.