Do not open your inventory!

This is not a suggestion; actualy this has to be fix asap!
If you install the game before “AMD software adrenalin edition” then prepare your display card may push the limits! And if you are not preapred for this then you can be sure that you may dmg to your GPU core.
When i click to play button, first intro came and then too many steps till i reach the graphical interface and that time core heat gone crazy arround 80-90°C and i just panicked and tried to lower the game resolution and voila ! The god damn option has been disabled. I have no idea but i think i m experienced that feeling like a blizz attempted to sabotage and assassinating me as well. These things happened in a minute and i killed all the tasks ofcourse and checked from web. I know now its a common issue but i think i missed something maybe.
Because extreme systems also requiring adjustments; however, i was excited because of having D4 and just dived into it.
After the terrible moments, i updated my adrenalin sowftware and placed my own tweaks including fidelity. The game was consuming more than 200w without adjustment and after the latest AMD software and fsr adjustments, i succeeded to make it stable arround low power consumptions and ultra graphics without heat. I realy thank you for leting me to see your great game technologies and having this experience as cool and silent.
However, all of these hapiness goes into the madness; when i open my inventory or interact with an npc for buy / sell etc.
Even if i open my inventory my system is pushing the limits immediately and adds 100-120w for sure. If i don’t close my inventory then thats keep going higher values. This is crazy; i think that hero models trying to be run separately from the game interface at the same time. I tried to find close 3D models in inventory or interacting an npc but i could not find such an option in the game menu. Honesty i want to keep up playing an experiencing 4k ultra settings but without no fear from open my inevntory or talk something. Hope you can give a solution about this.

Waiting for your kindly replies.

Thanks in advance; regards.

[Main Thread] Game Freezes/Crashes GPU fans screaming when opening specific UI Elements - June 2023 - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Go to that thread and submit the data they are requesting.

In the mean time, the things that seem to help is capping your FPS to 60 or 12 (if stable) and lowering your GPUs power to 80%.

It seems as though for some reason the memory chips on the GPUs are the hotspots during this event. Which also coincides with other people experiencing potential memory leaks.

i capped ofc; i can play with 75-85w and 65FPS with 10b 4k ultra as well; until i open my inventory :>

Yes, and in addition to that try lowering your GPUs maximum power to 80%.

Also, what is your texture setting on?

My my system is 27gn950 / nitro+ Rx 6900xt / 32gb Corsair Balistix Dual / Corsair Pro 600 nvme / 5600x / MSI MEG X570 ACE / Tower 900 / water cooling + SAM open

Technicaly i have enough vram and enough for everything. however when i open my inventory its going crazy this is not a harware issue. There has to be disabling or simple inventory details might be helpful because i m not playing inventory i play game it self already. We use inventory open and store something and close it.

It doesn’t matter how much VRAM you have if there’s a memory leak.

Why doesn’t leak in other games ?

It’s not supposed to, if it is happening it’s a developer issue.

indeed hope this report may help dear blizz because i think i loved new Diablo so much :confused:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.