MASSIVE FPS drops when bringing up inventory / map / vendor UI --PC

Title. Massive drops (more than 60 frames ((playing at 120)) + stuttering) whenever I enter the character screen, vendor screen – really any UI overlay. This is repeatable and constant – newest drivers and all that.

3080Ti, 12700KF, 32 GB DDR5 5600 RAM (Kingston FURY), Win 11

DLSS works well in game, all graphics options on MAX – but here’s the rub, no matter what, even if it’s set on LOW for ALL, the FPS drops still occur on ALL UI OVERLAYS – options menu, character inventory, and most importantly probably to Blizzard, the cash shop inventory as well. This was not really an issue at launch, curiously, but now is making the game nigh unplayable. Also, if REXLEX is on or off – doesn’t matter.

I suspect a bug or something with the UI. Moreover, GPU SPIKES DRAMATICALLY whenever I hover over icons in any character screen or inventory screen or cash shop screen. it rocks usually at 40-80 perhaps, then shoots to 95+% whenever I just scroll the mouse across the icons for example.

Hopefully this gets resolved or mentioned or discussed.

–Happens since UPDATE

------ still no fix as of a week in – suspect it will come whenever first patch comes out (if it comes that is).

it’s actually gotten worse and have been crashing consistently because of the dramatic FPS drop / GPU spike – at least once per session if i open inventory then map / options screen quickly enough. from 120 to 15 or so then freeze then CTD.

Thanks,

–customer

6 Likes

Blizzard finally acknowledged the issue and is now gathering data. Please go to the link and submit what’s being requested.

Nothing new here, its been bricking 3080’s for a few days now

1 Like

good to know. sent an email along. hopefully gets resolved-- or at least a plan of action is communicated.

2 Likes

Diablo 4 fps drops when opening map = turn off hardware-accelrated GPU scheduling(windows 10/11).

My HW: RTX 4080 and AMD 7800X3D

this has bugged me since i started.

2 Likes

Bless you dude, the hardware accelerated GPU is the main culprit!! Turn that crap off if you have a decent rig since it doesn’t need that feature on.

where do i go to do this?

Sadly, mine is off. I still have lag with inventory ui. I also just lag for no reason in town for seconds straight, then it becomes fine… Then it comes back with a vengeance.

Right-click on your desktop and select “display settings”.

Under the display tab, scroll down to “graphics settings”

Same thing here…my hardware acceleration option was also off. The game runs smoothly in most scenarios, but when I have to open the inventory, or the map, or even access the merchants, my 150 fps goes to 12fps, sometimes less. I tried to send an email to the address indicated at the beginning of the post and nothing; no answer; much less solution. Too bad… more than 10 years waiting for this game, and preparing for it, and when it finally happens, I can’t get into the inventory without getting stressed. Imagine not being able to use your inventory well in a game that basically revolves around loot? I’m pretty sure this is a UI bug. It’s not possible that Blizzard’s technical team can’t solve something like this.

1 Like

same here. FPS drop to 20 it occasionally happens when I open UI like map / vendor / skill tree.