Abnormally high GPU usage during inventory / vendor menu

These 2 doesn’t do anything for me.

This is the only thing that seems to lower the workload. It’s entirely egregious that my RTX 3080 is overheating with 1080p Resolution, Texture on medium, and FPS capped at 145. Only with inventory open. I can run Ultra and High settings with 145 FPS without overheating while playing the game. It is strictly only with Inventory open.

Point being, we should’t be 60 FPS capped with RTX 30xx and 40xx at sub-4k resolution.

PC Sounds like a Jet Engine - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Please take a look at this and share your experiences. The more noise we make the more visible it will be to the Devs.

1 Like

You are correct, now I have NVIDIA Reflex Low Latancy enabled and set DLSS to balanced no issue. but have to keep the FPS foreground to 60 and the resolution set as I said earlier I have no problem running high textures, shadows etc.

1 Like

My laptop died when talking to npc. Of course Blizzard do not feel guilty and laptop is half year after warranty so i have to spend cash becouse of pure coding. Latop was not hot. Died becouse of power spikes that comes when you interact with npc.

Why often power spikes that are not normal for hardware are dangerous? Try guess.

+1, I experience the same. I don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t replied to this thread yet. This is a serious issue that can lead to hardware damage.

I am honestly concerned with the inactivity the Tech Support and Bug Report sub-threads are getting from Blues. For a brand new title in early access, you would think they would be addressing these serious issues that are easily reproducible across different systems.

Unfortunately, I think the only thing we can do it be very vocal and keep these threads active so it’s on the top. I linked the thread I started too if you want to post on it to keep it visible.

2 Likes

Having the same issues as well, only this didn’t start after the patch - it was always there, perhaps to a lesser extent during pre-patch. Running a 3090.

The same issue exists in Diablo 2: Resurrected.

I read that problem exist since beta and was mentioned many times befor.

Summary.
They know about the problem and stayed silent befor the relase. We are not even testers, we are labor rabits.

I am not living in USA so court is not an option in my countryand i will not get any insurance for damaged laptop but i will keep this thread live to save others.

1 Like

I sincerely hope that the problem will be fixed before launch day, with the release of the game many more people will start playing and more and more people will notice this problem, it is strange that blizzard is not responding to the numerous posts about it.

If they do then it will be like they acknowledge their fault. Everyone could sue them becouse of this. USA is the pro-customer country. Best way to not pay anything is to stay silent and fix problem befor release.

If problems stop then they can blame us and not give a single fu**

Game is amazing. For me it is like old Blizzard games. Hit. But this problem…always something.

You are right, but I hope they know about the problem, the game is great, it’s a pain to lock the fps at 60 because of this problem

They will not fix it unless we complain in the forums. So keep complaining and raising your voice, because that’s how corporations work. If the customer does not complain, then they do not move a single finger.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, people have to make noise

Yeah because it seems Blizzard does not give a single damn about this problem.

Exact same thing is happening to me, replying here so I can easily track myself. This is kind of a big issue as character screens and vendor screens are something you find yourself looking at for awhile sometimes, and I’m constantly worried about my GPU temp when this happens. This is the only time in the game I worry about my GPU.

I have a feeling it’s the fancy 3D rendering of the character models in the UI screens. So when I have just my character screen up GPU utilization climbs from ~40’s to ~70’s. Vendor screens rendering the vendor 3D model and my character it’s at 100% and my temp climbs pretty quickly.

Update: GPU is an EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080

Same issue for me with vendor/character screens. Skilltree/boon and map tabs work fine. But the vendor and character menus jumps GPU usage to 100% and temps rise high. Gameplay normal. Rtx3080

Myself and many others I’ve talked to on the official discord are having similar issues with temps, but it was CPU thermals, not GPU. I have a Ryzen 9 5900x that typically sits around 65c max during gaming under a NH-D15. Have had zero issues with my set-up in the past, until D4.

Every few minutes (anywhere between 1 minute to 5) it’ll randomly spike to almost 80c for just a second or two before going back down to usual temps. Anything similar happening to others? Doesn’t seem to matter where I am in game or what I’m doing.

Performance is otherwise fine, but it’s very jarring having my case fans go haywire intermittently like this.

Also seeing this problem with a 4080. After some quick trial and error this seems DIRECTLY related to the max background fps. I previously increased max background FPS to try to help with random frame drops (advice from other threads) but then I noticed this issue.

I noticed that as soon as I opened inventory OR I alt-tab my GPU usage sky-rocketed. I halved my max background FPS and then saw that GPU usage no longer sky-rocketed when opening inventory or alt-tabbing. Super weird

TLDR try lowering your max background FPS and it seems to help

EDIT this fix doesnt seem to work for vendor interactions

1 Like

Hey everyone, we are going to be tracking and updating via this thread.

1 Like