Abnormally high GPU usage during inventory / vendor menu

Dear Blizz devs,

I’ve noticed that my GPU usage jumps to 100% and the fans go very high whenever I am in menu or inspecting an item for too long - note this was not evident at all during the initial early June 1 release patch of D4 - this only started happening after the patch released yesterday.

Please follow up on this -

20 Likes

Also getting this.
I’ve capped my game fps at 120 to stop my gfx card getting too hot.
However when I visit any vendor the cap is no longer in place and the fans ramp up to 100%
Concerned this is going to kill my card.
RTX2070, latest drivers

2 Likes

I’ve been having this issue. GPU randomly use 100% which causing sever FPS drop.

I normally use 144 fps and it’s stable… When this happen, my fps crash to like 10-15fps.

This happens for a certain time like 1-5 mins or during entire boss fight.

Hope blizzard fix this very soon. else, it’s going to kill everybody’s vga card.

GPU usage 100% can casue Fenris error crash to desktop which happen all day…

1 Like

Confirmed 32 gig+s of ram / 4070 12 gig v ram Map ovelay lags , vendors lag.

2 Likes

Same problem here, super high GPU usage on my 3060 ti at all times…

1 Like

Same here.
GPU usage near too 100% with 84°C while the vendor menu is open.
My fans are going super loudly for 3-5 seconds. No lags.
FPS capped to 144. High settings. Low settings don’t change anything.
RTX 2070 Super, latest patch.

1 Like

Same here, RTX 2080 Super with all drivers up to date.

2 Likes

I’ve done some testing and it seems the problem is resolved by disabling NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency under graphics options. Please give it a try and see if it makes any difference for you!

3 Likes

worked for me, thanks

/edit: nvm started happening again after a while

I’ve tried disabling the NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency settings but it has made no difference for me, still having the same issue mentioned here.

1 Like

Same for me as well, 100% GPU and full fan speed in Vendor menu
RTX 3080, 13700K

I’ve been able to mitigate it somewhat by using DLSS (i choose quality) but it still ramps up, just not to catastrophic levels.

This problem was raised in the Beta and they need to address it as a priority and warn people.

Edit: The Reflex Low Latency setting mentioned above seems to do a similar thing: i think those two are simply lowering the overall load which is then sparing the system a bit during the vendor/character screens but it doesn’t actually fix the issue that come launch day is going to destroy a lot of hardware.

2 Likes

I don’t have access to DLSS on my card as I have a 1660 Super but tweaking the FidelityFX made no difference.

i’ve tested tweaking graphical settings to see if I can get the GPU load to under 100 during the vendor menu and the only thing that I managed do it was by reducing texture quality to low, anisotropic to 0, shadow quality to low and disabling the dynamic and soft shadows and yet this only got me down to 98% GPU load during vendor menu.

1 Like

I have the same problem, I have written several posts but no one seems to care about it

2 Likes

Why would it kill your card? GPUs are designed to be able to be ran at 100% usage. Would be quite useless if you couldn’t actually use your GPU.

2 Likes

For me for example in normal gameplay the GPU during intense battles it’s running stable at my preferred locked 70 FPS with 70ish % usage and stable temps of around 75C, however when using the vendor the FPS drops to 60 or sub 60 FPS, the usage jumps to 100% and the temps go up to 90ish in less than a minute.
The power draw of the GPU also jumps whilst this is happening but can’t give you an exact value as haven’t tracked that fully.

1 Like

You should hear the fans…

Sorry but, do you think it is normal that during the most intense fights with the fps locked at 165 the gpu utilization is at 50/60% and instead when you are immobile talking to a vendor the utilization is at 100% while capping the fps at 60? Obviously gpu’s are made to work at maximum but there is clearly something wrong here, and this problem has been reported by many people all with cards from different models and manufacturers

6 Likes

That’s like saying your car is designed to run at redline. Just because it can, doesn’t mean doing so for long periods of time isn’t going to cause accelerated decline in the components.

Just a stupid rationale.

3 Likes

Same here, running AMD 6800XT and 5800X3D.
Running on 1440p ultra settings, locked at 100fps.
Game runs smoots for the most part, but while looking at static vendor or stash screens the GPU and CPU utilization skyrocket.

1 Like