Inventory/Vendor windows are causing massive uptick in GPU usage

As the title says, any time i look at my inventory or even at the character select screen, I hear my GPU rev up like it’s ready to go head to head with Dom Toretto in a race for pink slips. Something about the separate character rendering within these windows or character select is adding to the strain on lower-mid setups. I run an i7-9700k 3.6 cpu, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3600 ram. This game is putting as much if not more strain as Escape from Tarkov, Destiny 2, and Star Citizen. Can we get an option to turn off these animated character windows?

4 Likes

I have the same issue. Whenever I open my inventory (especially when comparing items), or when opening the personal stash/any vendor window, GPU usage goes up and gets hot.
Here when sitting next to stash in town idle: GPU clock 1695 MHz, 60°C, Usage: 39%.
With opened stash: GPU clock 1860 MHz, 68°C, Usage: 50%.

I’m on GeForce RTX 2080, latest drivers. i9-9900k and Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Intel Z390 mainboard.
The issue was even worse last beta weekend when I didn’t have updated nvidia drivers. Temperature would spike to 78°C on inventory then while being 70°C in idle.

1 Like

Same issue here, when opening vendor/inventory. Fans go crazy, GPU usage spikes up (monitoring in afterburner) massively (from a typical 60% usage to 90-100%).

RTX 2080, latest drivers as of 1st June.
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master Mobo
Intel i9-9900K CPU

I got u there my GC is 4070ti from Asus and I have the same issue. I didn’t try to spend much time for vendoring. But I have to say my GC is brandnew! Pls Blizzard fix that

I have the same issue, GPU consumption and usage skyrocket when opening the inventory. I have a 2080.

Same here, and I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the case on day 1&2. Happened after that. But ok of that I can’t be 100% sure.

But yeah it would be nice if Blizz sees this.

I have a RX 6950 XT

There are about 10 threads about this exact issue.

same issue here. whenever I open my inventory HUGE gpu fan ramp up… 25% power increase… just completly unpleasant… :frowning:

They still haven’t bothered to fix this, they don’t care.

This is because it is having to render a moving 3d model of your character in the inventory window and also the vendor on the other side.

This is not a bug. When your GPU has to render more complicated graphics, it takes more power and produces more heat.

They need to have an option to turn the animation off, and just use static images, but it is not a bug.