Diablo 4 crashing

No idea. Neither do I really think that matters.
My system is not one of the latest.

I understand you are only trying to help but I am not going to bother looking into my parts as the crashing issue is far too widespread to be something specific to my system.

1 Like

You misunderstand.

Its a potential. I know of at least one user that was using a PSU that wasn’t heavy enough and causing them to crash. They upgraded and are fine now.

So the question is important enough to ask, but its easier to blame the game, I get it.

This game is one of the most demanding on hardware that I have seen in a long time.

It makes sense that it would stress hardware to the point where even a power supply could be causing issues. Hence my post about that very subject. Its not something to be overlooked.

Anyway. Yes, the game has some issues, but ultimately the hardware could be having problems too.

I have seen the same increases on all my systems, but I have taken steps to ensure that they all can play it without issue. And so far, all of them have been fine…

I get that. I just doubt it.
Sorry for sounding a bit toxic. I just lost my HC character due to the crashing.

It would be nice if Blizzard could actually say something, anything, about this.
They must have gotten thousands of crash reports by now, probably a lot more.

Oh, I totally understand that! And I don’t blame you at all.

They probably don’t know what to say at this point yet. And they would be better off to wait till they can gather more info. But I can bet they are looking into this very closely.

They need to just put out a message stating that they are aware a large number of players are experiencing crashes and they are looking into what could be the cause.

That is all that is needed.
Right now it is like they are totally unaware of it, even though I know they are.

1 Like

You mean like in this thread?:

Yes, but perhaps not buried in a random crash thread?
I had not seen that message.

This also appears to be aimed at specific UI element crashes.

Many don’t know its there.

They should have posted an updated one as a sticky by itself as an FYI.

Originally yes. But the thread evolved later too. Regardless that was the latest posting I have seen.

Corsair RM850x is my PSU.

Good brand. 850W. And what GPU?

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080Ti

Nice card. My older system has the same version but the 980 variant.

Yeah,that PSU should be fine with that card. I’m running an 850W with my 980.

So unless that PSU is actually bad, you should be fine there.

I have not had a single issue with this system since I built it.
Sure, it is not the latest and greatest anymore, that card was very strong though and have served me well for a lot of various games.

I have even seen some switching out their 3080 with their old 1080 card and the crashing stopped for them.

It is so damn random it isn’t even funny anymore.

Yeah, that can be annoying too. There are too many variables for sure. I can’t put all of it on the game, but at the same time I can’t say it doesn’t have a bit to do with it either.

Hopefully they will get what they can fix on the game’s end to help, but till then, people may want to just minimize their settings to offset issues till then. That’s what I did.

I get that a lot of people take the easy route and blame the game.
But, with this many reports I think there is definitely something wrong in the game.

Perhaps not for every single report, but for a lot of them.

1 Like

I remember when Cyberpunk2077 came out. I couldn’t play the game for a week after pre-buying. I ended up refunding the game.

I still haven’t bought it again, despite the devs managing to get the issues mostly sorted out later.

So while D4 is working fine for me, I have been on that other side of the fence where a game didn’t work at launch as I expected. lol

1 Like

I’ve been having lots of crashing too with a high-end system.
A 4070 Ti, 8700K, etc. What seems to reduce the crashes is disabling the Frame Generation and other “fancy” settings. Appears to happen more frequently when opening UI elements. Crashes seem reduced when using High instead of Ultra settings.

Low-end old PC here. Same thing, kept crashing. Then, I decided to use lowest visual setting and cap the game at 30 FPS max and 8 FPS for the other setting. I ran in windowed mode. I am now at Level 35. I don’t get to enjoy the advance graphics but hey at least it can still work. Don’t give up.

CPU: i5-4590 CPU
Ram: 16GB
GPU: RX580

I’m in the same boat, but i don’t think it’s a hardware issue.
I played in beta, had the game running 10-12 per day without a single crash.
The only thing that changed between then and now is the updated nVidia driver.

1 Like