WoW Classic Update Schedule and Free Character Moves

Next week, we will take multiple steps to prepare for the release of the PvP Honor system and World Bosses at 11:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, November 14. Here’s an outline of those steps.

Monday, November 11 – Updates to Free Character Moves**
At 11:00 a.m. PST on Monday, we will update the Free Character Move service.

• Free Character Moves from all realms to Sul’thraze (Brazil) and Loatheb (Mexico) will be closed at this time.
  • Free Character Moves will no longer be available from Atiesh, Benediction, or Yojamba (Australia).
  • The following Free Character Moves will be available:
FROM TO FACTION
Arugal Felstriker
Bigglesworth Anathema
Bigglesworth Arcanite Reaper
Bigglesworth Earthfury
Blaumeux Anathema
Blaumeux Arcanite Reaper
Blaumeux Earthfury
Faerlina Anathema
Faerlina Arcanite Reaper
Faerlina Earthfury
Fairbanks Anathema Horde-only
Fairbanks Arcanite Reaper Horde-only
Fairbanks Earthfury Horde-only
Fairbanks Heartseeker Horde-only
Grobbulus Anathema
Grobbulus Arcanite Reaper
Grobbulus Deviate Delight
Herod Arcanite Reaper Horde-only
Herod Heartseeker Horde-only
Incendius Anathema
Incendius Arcanite Reaper
Incendius Earthfury
Kromcrush Arcanite Reaper Horde-only
Kromcrush Heartseeker Horde-only
Mankrik Azuresong
Mankrik Windseeker
Pagle Azuresong
Pagle Windseeker
Skeram Arcanite Reaper Horde-only
Skeram Heartseeker Horde-only
Stalagg Arcanite Reaper Horde-only
Stalagg Heartseeker Horde-only
Sulfuras Anathema
Sulfuras Arcanite Reaper
Sulfuras Earthfury
Whitemane Anathema
Whitemane Arcanite Reaper
Whitemane Earthfury

We strongly suggest that any players planning to use a Free Character Move do so as soon as possible. Free Character Moves may be disabled without warning at any time.

Tuesday, November 12 – All Realms to One Layer
With scheduled weekly maintenance beginning at 7:00 a.m. PST on Tuesday, all WoW Classic realms will be set to a single-layer. We expect some realms listed above to experience long queues after this step. We especially encourage players on Arugal , Faerlina , Herod , and Whitemane to use the Free Character Move service to avoid excessive queues.

Thursday, November 14 – PVP Honor System and World Bosses
At 11:00 a.m. PST on Thursday, the update will occur for all realms in this region. The PvP Honor system will come online, and it will become possible for Azuregos and Kazzak to spawn.

Thank you very much!

29 Likes

Hahaha. Goodbye to the rest of the Alliance population!

33 Likes

InB4servers all are unplayable from lag. Please fix before phase 2 : (

11 Likes

Any chances of allowing transfers from PvP to PvE/RP servers?

24 Likes

What a creative way of saying you pushed back the PvP launch to the 14th. Also, you didn’t address AT ALL the outpouring of community feedback about server lag/issues of instability in light of massive world PvP.

31 Likes

Seriously how many brain cells are used in these decisions? FACTION BALANCE is extremely important. Everyone is saying it yet they are not listening ONCE AGAIN.

55 Likes

So they’re unbalanced? Im on Blaumeux and it seems pretty well balanced from the Alliance side.

No because those realms are fundamentally different, the rules are different and easier. No offense, but it is objectively easier to get anything done when you’re never fighting for your life. So, were they to allow transfers between different types of realms, it would kinda sorta be like cheating. Does that make sense? Do they allow that in retail?

Why isn’t Thalnos on this list? FFS

2 Likes

Actually, I mentioned PvP → PvE transfers that were allowed since Classic IIRC.

9 Likes

Blizzard is legit run by morons these days.
Didn’t listen to players about server numbers - huge mistake that had to be fixed after.
Didn’t listen to 15 years of history showing what open transfers without faction restrictions causes… the imbalance on most servers is insane and could easily have been avoided by forcing no more than 40/60 imbalance or by limiting each faction to a specific number of players.
Now opening xfers AGAIN weeks later and still haven’t learned. The last of the alliance gonna run right off stalagg to join the 80/20 imbalance on heartseeker. Thanks for fxxxing us more, blizzard.
Maybe you should allocate some resources to actually fix the problem and allow specific factions to transfer to and from rather than spending resources trying to break the census addon to hide you’re mistake.

50 Likes

It would not at all be like cheating. Paid transfer from PvP to PvE were available in Vanilla. PvE to PvP were not. When paid transfers are introduced, I’d expect them to stick to that rule.

And before War Mode, yes, you could transfer from any server type to any server type.

11 Likes

Limit this to the overpopulated factions only! Stop making faction imbalance worse!!!

Please listen to the 1000s of people who have raised this!

42 Likes

+1 faction imbalance is a massive issue. Please consider when opening transfers.

20 Likes

Stalagg Heartseeker

This will completely destroy the remaining Horde population on Heartseeker. The current ration as of now is 80% Ally to 20% Horde with another xfer open it will be more like 90 Ally to 10 Horde. RIP Balance and Heartseeker.

17 Likes

you all should pick Arcanite Reaper! it’s the coolest sounding one

1 Like

please fix the unbalance… its like they want their record breaking (old/classic) game to fail even tho its bringing in more money than anything else that is current

11 Likes

Another blue post that doesn’t address when I get my keyring :frowning: what could be more important than that

6 Likes

I agree I haven’t followed any server but my own … skeram I think it’s like 70-30 in favor of horde … people making these decisions are basically 70iq … Transfers should never allow more then + or - 5% difference in factions … It’s like they are trying to make classic fail.

10 Likes

Pretty sure key ring is announced already as p2

1 Like