This transfer is not currently available for your characters faction

I mean if i can move em back thats fine too i just want all my toons on all my accounts on one gd server

I don’t think that has ever been part of their plan for Classic.

Right now, if someone decides they’re on the wrong server, except for a few rare exceptions, the only option is to abandon their character and reroll on the right server.

Yeah, must be why they just split hundreds of guilds, resulting in many of them likely quitting- to perserve balance on pvp realms by getting rid of yet more players from the underplayed faction.

Logic that only makes sense to Blizzard and their white knights.

You know what would have preserved pvp balance? Having free faction specific xfers the first time around. The first xfers screwed so many servers, and now they’ve screwed so many guilds. All of it completely unnecessary.

1 Like

I’m not on a dead server, my server is fine. Doesn’t mean I can’t empathize with others. You are either a bad troll or a blizzard bootlicker. Good luck in your endeavors.

2 Likes

Yeah, must be why they just split hundreds of guilds, resulting in many of them likely quitting- to perserve balance on pvp realms by getting rid of yet more players from the underplayed faction.

Logic that only makes sense to Blizzard and their white knights.

You know what would have preserved pvp balance? Having free faction specific xfers the first time around. The first xfers screwed so many servers, and now they’ve screwed so many guilds. All of it completely unnecessary.

Thats what im saying it, faction specific xfers would have been great but they could have mentioned it and not stoped it after i transfered half my toons on several different accounts. Not only are my friends screwed my accounts are split

4 Likes

Looks like you may have queues again, real soon.

The blue post included that they were having some technical issues. Give them a bit to figure it out before breaking out the torches and pitchforks

Lololololololololol

1 Like

Listen friend, I’m definitely no Blizzard white knight. I have a very cynical and love/hate relationship with them and their games. I enjoy most of their franchises and play them frequently because they’re more what I’m looking for than what other studios are providing and I really like the lore/concepts… but I’m also frequently ticked off at Blizzard’s perpetual failures of design and execution at multitudes of levels.

That being said… this particular case, while Blizzard probably could’ve been more clear about the conditions AND could’ve even done the faction-specific restrictions much earlier, is entirely within the realm of “you should’ve expected this” and “you had ample opportunities prior to do this and you waited to the last minute still” for players. So, sorry I’m not really feeling sympathetic.

So glad I’m on the rp server.

1 Like

It works on retail, but harder emotionally to do on classic. There are a lot of long drawn quest lines on classic that you don’t want to repeat again. People also spend a lot of time leveling professions alongside, and doing it again doesn’t feel enticing. I tried rerolling, and this time just picking up mining/skinning and just rush leveling, but it created a feeling of an empty retail character. I’d much rather prefer to transfer existing character, especially if it’s my only one.

Still not a single thread concerning this on the CS forum. Are people making them and they are being deleted, or are those effected simply not making a thread there?

yes i made a thread on cs forum

If you’re “abandoning” your character, you’re choosing to do so.

Again, what makes a Server “unplayable”?

It’s not lost, when you can always go back to it. Unless you delete it.

Cool, they are worth every minute.

So you’re totally for those on outnumbered servers being even more screwed? And people wonder why so many left in the first place.

Between the first set of xfers, this set of xfers, and now people quitting because they’re in split guilds- the people most screwed here are those that remain Alliance on Stalagg.

And you’re acting like they’re in the wrong, like they deserve a dead server for… not running away like a coward? Dude, that’s just so f’d up. You’re making it sound like the people that stuck around are the ones in the wrong, and the guys that jumped ship months ago were the smart ones.

Why? There were login queues when the first waves went out. I wouldn’t stay on a queued server where I have to wait in line to be outnumbered either.

So, that chunk leaves, imbalance is deeper. I won’t stay on a badly imbalanced server. So the next group of transfers leaves too.

Its just a feedback loop stemming from Blizzards original lack of population controls and severe underestimation of servers needed. Players are not at fault for taking an action given to them by Blizzard to make their experience better.

1 Like

There is no post or thread in your history of doing such. Did you use an alt?

Yeah, but those actions they are taking are not making their experience better. As evidenced by all the problems these actions are now causing.

Debateable. Going from bad to bad its hard to judge which is worse lol.