The Curious Tale of a Battleground

Named Seething Shore and its almighty Love from Azeroth’s denizens.

Thank you for reading this post and for your enduring and endless love for Seething Shore battleground!

3 Likes

PvP didn’t die, Blizzard indeed killed it lol.

PvPer’s loved balanced maps, but then Blizzard went out of their way to give us the most random thing since Mario Kart.

2 Likes

i like seething shore. the constantly changing objectives and ability for teams to play both deathball and splitpush style is fun.

Remove warsong gulch though. One time a druid in the night fae covenant dashed from one end of the map to the other and i had no way of even slowing them down aside from the initial storm bolt and the entire bg must pay for this.

1 Like

I disagree with this. PvP matches should be based on player skill, not on RNG and mechanics that award losing fights.

being able to adapt to shifting situations is a skill.

1 Like

It’s unpredictable and poorly designed.
I can land into an area with no enemies or an area with the entire enemy team purely because of bad timing / unpredictable node spawns.
I can be 1v1-ing and then out of nowhere 1, 2, 10 people parachute on top of me.

The situation doesn’t slowly shift, it abruptly changes.

3 Likes

Indeed. The way Seething Shore is designed, this scenario happens quite often:

"Oh look at me, I’m just here not pressing buttons at all and getting smashed. Whelp, they’re clearly better than me…

…wait a second, I just rezzed right above them! Time to jump in and spam AoE so they can’t cap this node! They’re such suckers for killing me in PvP!"

1 Like

Interesting thread concept, interesting little “compilation” you slapped together here… just wondering though - would you mind doing something similar for Wintergrasp? :laughing::rofl:

I don’t even care if you quote me, I know I’ve done my share of WG-bashing here and there

Well done sir, have a bump :clap:

1 Like

sorry that you don’t like it
i am the person who thought it up so i guess all that hate goes at me
sorry
i like it and some people like it but i guess a lot don’t
i support strand coming back though

Day 12. I’ve started to leave this BG right after zoning in. On every alt.
It is the only BG where you see the “Not enough players. This battleground will close in X minutes” warning. Never seen this on any other.

Any brawl is more fun than this. Packed House, Cooking Impossible, Hotmogu…even the AI one.

This BG should’ve had the same ending as Nathanos. Horde players will understand (unless you play with dialogue off).