Please remove Seething Shore

Literally everyone hates this bg. It’s a circus in random bgs and its completely miserable for rated bgs. It’s terrible. Get it out of here.

Please sign if you agree.

19 Likes

Nope, it’s actually not a bad BG.

4 Likes

its my fav BG

3 Likes

I’m 26/100 in to Seething Shore Veteran and it’s starting to grow on me. I think what’s helping is the Reporter addon which shows timers for when the nodes become active.

I did just get Seething Shore Perfection though, so now I don’t really have much to look forward to for the next 70+ wins. But hey hopefully it will work out.

3 Likes

Grats! I’m 1 or 2 wins away from Master and I know Corn already got master a while ago.

1 Like

That’s awesome, do you only do randoms, or do you queue specific battlegrounds?

Randoms. I used to average 8-10 every single night through Legion and most of BfA, but I’ve slowed down.

I did specifics for awhile to get mine faster

That’s a lot of BGs, sounds nice. Hopefully I can pick up the pace after the holiday season is over. I wonder if it’s faster to farm honor as Alliance or Horde? I’m guessing Alliance since they get faster queues and I think maybe an honor multiplier or something?

One thing I wish Blizzard would change: give us skinner boxes for specifics. I don’t PvE but I’m pretty sure that they still get gear if they aren’t doing a random.

Yea, 100% Alliance. Faster queues and 50% bonus honor from enlistment bonus.

2 Likes

<3<3<3<3<3! I couldn’t stop smiling once I saw you in there!

2 Likes

That was a fun one!! Good game Ephie glad to play against you :smile:

Merc sometime for us!!!

1 Like

I completely forgot about that, the queues are like 10 minutes for SS Horde side so after this next game I’ll for sure merc, hopefully the Australia/NZ crowd can carry me through the late night hours.

2 Likes

Hey it’s Corn’s Hordie! I’ma get to 120 asap so I can finally queue with the Horde as well!

Also sorry OP we hijacked ur post. But I feel like give it some time, add a time limit and some dampening to RBGs past like… 20-25 mins dampening? And I think it will be less of a headache.

For sure there needs to be something to stop it from getting hour+ in time length, but I love the BG and I had a lot of fun doing 30 min+ Seething Shore in the lower bracket.

Hope it gets better in the future with a time limit added to prevent people from being glued to the screen for excessive amounts of time!

1 Like

Needs to be removed I absolutely hate it and have never even met anyone that actually liked it for any reason other than to be a contrarian. I have won all my games in it but it’s so damn unenjoyable I’d rather take a loss and leave. Such a lame bg. Such insanely rng dependent battles shouldn’t be in rbgs.

1 Like

Who wants to play Seething Shore 11 times in a row tomorrow ?

1 Like

Funny, most players seem to hate it because it punishes for zerging and awards individual thought.

2 Likes

I just finished all the Seething Shore achievements and I came to enjoy the BG. It combines all of the hardships inherent in large distances that AB has with the unpredictability of gravity lapse. I think it’s main flaws as a map is the impossibility of knowing how each of the three fights are going. The Reporter addon helped me immensely with understanding what was important and where I needed to be, and it’s massively responsible for my ~60-70% win rate in the BG.

I genuinely don’t know what I’ll do now that I’m done with Seething Shore (and all the other battleground achievements.)

I feel like Seething Shore is what PvP islands should have been.

1 Like

This is why we had the little dice. Our saviors.

1 Like

And that’s why I like it.