Should Seething Shore Be Permanately Removed?

It’s been a while, but when I was doing RBGs, there was always a collective sigh and colorful language in Discord, regardless of the group, whenever the Seething Shore loading map appeared. I cannot recall anyone being excited for the map, or being happy about it in general.

I myself dislike it due to the RNG surrounding it, which also happens to reward dying quite often. In this BG, you not only need to be good, but also have good RNG going for you. It doesn’t feel like a good form of PvP.

What are your thoughts on this? I previously thought that perhaps BGs should be in a moved in/out of a seasonal rotation, which would give people a break from maps they dislike, but thinking about Seething Shore…Although I’m not a fan of content removal, I just wonder if it’s better to remove it entirely?

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

The pacing off, the rng is too much, tanks being able to spin nodes is huge bs, plus it is buggy as hell.

2 Likes

…I totally forgot about the frustrating bugs. Did they ever fix the ability to double-mine a single node (scoring two nodes in one shot)?

That ain’t double mine, that is the good old cancerous double back to back rng spawn.

tanks are supposed to be able to spin nodes
what else are they able to do, nothing

2 Likes

My apologies. That BG has negatively warped my memories of it. I thought for sure there was some sort of bug where one capture would count as two. Or maybe it was two nodes spawned in the same spot at the same time, so you could double-tap them for two quick points? I can’t recall it clearly but it was something frustrating like that.

You can stall, with 2 nodes and 4 runners. Permanently. Healers go back and forth between the 2 nodes, the 4 runners then…you know what? I don’t want to teach people how mess up bgs even more.

2 Likes

Seething shore and temple are the reason I no longer queue for non epic bgs. Please bring back blacklisting!

3 Likes

It’s the one battleground you can win doing 0 PvP, and I find it hilarious.

Legit just have some people stall the enemy while you send some folks to mind the wayward nodes.

It’s awful but it’s the only thing they can make for PvPer’s.

I don’t like the map but at the same time it can give a losing team a chance with the rng. If you have one team just focusing on kills in one area of the map you can work around it with a few smart players.

2 Likes

This…feels pretty accurate.

seething shore is a fun bg so no.

2 Likes

It was removed from RBGs because of bugs.

Idk the concept isn’t that bad. It’s other things that did it in.

Ah no, they should just bring back blacklisting or revamp some of the BGs. Having less maps = less content for BGs which do to how similar a lot of the maps are is already an issue.

No removing PvP content isn’t a good idea. How about we fix things first instead of giving an already largely ignored game mode less.

Can I ask a question. Why are you advocating for the removal of a BG that it doesn’t look like you have played recently? What prompted this?

What? How do you avoid doing PvP unless both teams just run to different nodes the whole time. Which would btw make it so one team would win easily. Not sure how zero PvP could ever happen on this map.

So zero PvP happens but you have to PvP?

Not sure what this means.

But it’s not.

Originally I used be against Seething Shore like everyone else but given in an overall standpoint it is a good Bg. It can either be quick or turtle but the fact it is a small map forces gameplay.

Still not as bad as Wintergrasp. I have like 99% loss on that one.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

YES, its too easy to snowball and easy win if your side starts to remotely lose nodes.

Seething Shore is definitely a subpar BG but imo not as bad as Temple of Kotmogu.

As for whether or not it should be removed, maybe.

I also feel as though Blizzard should really start adding more BG’s instead of only removing ones we have now.

I would love to see Strand of the Ancients return!

3 Likes

I think a dynamic BG is fine. I like it.