Attention Devs: Please remove Seething Shore

I just can’t with it anymore. I get y’all added it because it fit with current meta of gaming when y’all released it, but it’s time has long been gone. It wasn’t even fun when it was new.
I have to take 15 mins every time it pops because I am just not going to do it anymore.

So remove it or bring back blacklisting. For the love of pizza, please make this happen.

Bonus information! You want to know exactly how bad Seething Shore is? More people have the Swift Zulian Tiger than people have "Master of Seething Shore"

2 Likes

Wow, it is a rare meta. 0.3% of people have master of seething shore and 2% have the tiger. I don’t remember any part of it being particularly rough except maybe having to mine a ton of nodes on the same char, which really wasn’t that bad.

1 Like

Exactly, I farmed it out right when it came out, nothing was really hard about it, but that just goes to show you just how much people hate that BG, lol.

1 Like

Ya seething sucks but deepwind is worse

1 Like

I like to justify Seething Shore by saying that Temple is worse.

1 Like

What?? That’s crazy talk.

1 Like

Honestly don’t mind SS when I’m the mood to turn off my brain and just kill. Guess you could say the same for Temple but I just don’t like that one at all.

1 Like

Temple is my fav!

2 Likes

Both of them are awful, especially Seething Shore as a pet class.

ToK gang rise up, def my favorite.

2 Likes

It’s really a wild coincidence that whenever I queue into seething shore, I also just happen to remember that I need to walk my dog. Sorry about all the /afks guys.

2 Likes

Seething shore: I can battle opponents and heal teammates. I can stall and collect capture points, travel a diverse terrain, spawn after death and travel to objectives quickly. My only complaint is that the objective points are not labeled very clearly. We always just call out cardinal directions like “South” or “north”

Kotmogu: If you take the objective, you take up to 180% increased damage and nobody has the ability to heal at 90% reduction. You cannot drop or swap the debuff or reset the objective. You or your team are punished for taking the objective, but taking the objective and defending the objective should be the purpose of objective based pvp. Well but hey at least the enemy team suffers the same fate so the game’s balanced, riiiight? Oh well. You’re opponent is now dead. You are now dead. Everybody is dead. You are now in the graveyard, but where will you spawn? And will your teammates spawn with you? Hahahahaha You’ll never know. The entire map is identical so who really knows which direction you’re looking at anyway. Just look at the map. It’s all mirrored in four directions anyway with absolutely no defining terrain features at all. Totally not visually confusing.

What a great game mode.

2 Likes

This is fun – I somehow simultaneously agree completely with Lylat’s summaries and I love ToK / hate SS. Those are perfectly accurate and also I AM BIG BEAR WITH ORB THINGY RAWR I NO DIE

1 Like

Unpopular opinions: I don’t mind seething shore.

It’s just another bg you fight over objectives but the objectives move.

Like any bg, you get groups that don’t play the objective and groups that do.

Strand I get because of alternating attacking/defending and vehicles is kinda dumb, but not getting the seething shore hate.

1 Like

I have a solution for many.

The only people that get seething shore to pop are premades and those that specific que for it.

Are you a premade in either regular or epic? Your team will be divided equally and placed into seething shore. ENJOY!

As for the rest, no seething shore. Sort of like the dunce cap lobbies of GTAV online.

1 Like

LMFAO, ToK is my favorite BG, but I will be darned if you didn’t make me laugh with an accurate comedic description.

1 Like

warsong and all the ones with the flags plez they require tanks in mmo pvp, and make sure the temple one with the orbs is priorty best bg there is alot of fighting less obj

They don’t necessarily require tanks. They do need healers but the fc can be smart and mobile and do just fine. Ports, peels, LoS… Warlock fc in wsg can be some of the most fun times. Port, gateway. shadowrift… Get a shaman(or typhooned druid) with you and sit roof. You can hold for quite a while. Just have to watch those dk’s and grip.

Mw’s can be good fc’s. Stun port, rop… How many times people will jump off roof following your port just to port right back up. Especially if stunned. Everyone likes that stun kill window and follow but that double port is strong. They come back to roof, your port is off cd. Work edge and rop off. They come back, port maneuver again. They don’t follow and choose to sit roof? K, second level it is. Come down? RoP off of the ledge. Come around again? Port to roof.

Anyways. You don’t NEED a tank. You can be fine with good mobility, smart play, and someone to help peel the non-mongoloids that juke your maneuvers.

1 Like

Can’t do this with the flag. You can port though so as long as you make it to the base, all is good.

I feel like that’s what you say if you can’t kill anyone in a bg