Seething Shore is gross, unfun, and I won't play it anymore

Seething Shore is gross, unfun, and I won’t play it anymore.

I know it’s been posted 100x and probably 10x by me, but I refuse to play it anymore. I have 5 max level toons with alright max level pvp gear, so if I get it, in a random, I am just going to leave it.

It’s not fun, it’s not clever, it’s not rewarding, even if you win, it’s a one off from a pvp map dev who thought they would be clever and introduce a “fortnite” map to WoW. I wouldn’t even care if it was “fortnite” based if it was remotely fun. It’s not, it’s depressing.

I don’t know what formula Blizz used to remove SotA from WoW, but they need to look back into that, and see, many more folks would rather play SotA, regardless of vehicles, than Seething Taint.

6 Likes

When I get placed in a Seething Shore I usually just leave before the game even starts. Then I have a 15-minute debuff, which I usually just log off for and play another game. The worst part is I will sometimes play a different game for several hours all while waiting for the debuff lol.

Seething shore feels like it was WoWs attempt to capitalize on the Fortnite trend.

2 Likes

What is that you (and others) don’t like about this BG?

I don’t mind it unless it’s against a team that just zergs from node to node.
As a rogue, I don’t well in the group fights but I find ways to make it entertaining.

I would love to have the ability to blacklist certain BGs again :frowning:

2 Likes

There’s is many, many reasons why people hate it.
I personally find most of the reasons to be the map size, the objective at hand, the graveyard, and just the overall layout of the map/match.

1 Like

Not enough players, match will end in…

On a positive note, Seething is one Battleground that tides can be turned from a possible snowball loss. Map awareness.

1 Like

Seething shore is a bad map but I don’t understand how it’s more disgusting than deep wind gorge or even that super disgusting to begin with. I just run around killing people

2 Likes

I haven’t queued for a random 10 man bg in two expansions because of SS and ToK are still in the rotation.

3 Likes

It requires way more communication than is possible in a random BG.

“Map Awareness” as others will inevitably state, is BS. Your map will lie to you… all the time. The node that you’re eyeballing in your map from your airship will probably be gone by the time you land. Your teammates? They’re now 100 yards away from the objective. You either risk falling to a newer node, where your team usually isn’t. Or you fall to where your team is, and then lose the race to the node. To improve this, make the nodes a farming mechanic rather than a one-and-done mechanic.

Despite being in an airship, you have no vantage point. The airship’s altitude needs to be lowered, and the rez spirit needs to be on the edge of the ship. This way, while you’re sitting there waiting to rez you can more effectively plot out what you’re going to do when you rez.

OR, let’s abandon the whole airship completely.

Alliance Rez spot | 3 Nodes | 2 Nodes | 3 Nodes | Horde Rez Spot

Have “Safe Zones” with a middle point that’s full of PvP. Make pushing into the enemy territory valuable. But if you push too far, stealthies can take advantage and takes nodes from the ones closer to the enemy GY.

1 Like

Sounds like don’t play with Shift+M or any visual map up. Which many do not.

1 Like

It’s the many that are the problem. If your team doesn’t have map awareness then your own is wasted.

1 Like

Not for the removal of any Battleground, not sure if things have changed much but it would be nice to see less of it as queue pops.
Maybe launch code still in play for higher %s? idk.
All in all it definitely does have some cool features w terrain plus vendors!

1 Like

There’s an annoying bug where people are shown on their airship and people dying can drop anyhwere on the map but outside of that it seems…fine? Punishing of poor rotations/macro.

Lots of people trying to deathball it up as 8 without people covering or spinning side nodes.

2 Likes

The “graveyard” aspect is really the only thing I’m not fond of.

Other than that I’m cool with SS.

1 Like

Everything, I can’t stand it. The map is too big, the way the ships move around and put you out of bounds, the play style, just everything.

1 Like

only time i don’t /afk is when im in a SS queue and don’t want to get pulled out. I probably wouldn’t hate it so much if it didn’t seem to be so common in the random rotation

1 Like

I relog onto another alt / char when its SS and im not focussed on a weekly quest etc. Its just that bad.

I hate it but i still play it. I take deep satisfaction in stopping ally from hitting a node while we gain the others.

I’m a lil’ bit special though.

seething shore is the last BG we got. march of 2018

Let that sink in

shut up pvp guy

I was surprised to find a lot of people disliking seething. I don’t love the graveyard, but it’s a fun map that is very often a close match.

I despise Temple of Kotmogu. It’s way worse, imo, and almost never a close match. And my pet is so dumb in that one lol…

1 Like