Remove Seething Shore from the game

I have never once posted on a wow forum before so that should tell you something. Seething shore is the absolute worst battleground to have ever been released. this BG is representative of the worst of wow development for pvp. I mean absolutely no one wants to wait in a que to play this terrible bg. Everytime you play it 3-4 people quit out when they realize what bg they got, the “RNG” of spawn locations for the azerite is awful. In most all cases once a team is a head they cant lose. to close my argument every game I join multiple players complain about how bad it is with one player comparing playing the game to experiencing “chemo therapy”. while I have not experience chemo I would say that I imagine it is agonizing and painful which is how I feel when I play seething shore.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t mind it so much if it was like once a day. Sometimes it be like Shores → Mines → Shores → Shores → Mines → Shores. For the love of god!

1 Like

you’re describing normal battleground experience

If you notice most players that are getting Seethed more often than others it is usually off prime time EST/PST hours.
This is the BG that seems to come up more often when #s in queue are at the lowest.
TOK is another indicator of this phenomenon.
Active population.

Rough estimate here, but lets say 80-90%? of players do not use Shift+M while playing.
Which creates a slower reaction time. This can be noticed in AB/DWG too.

I got shores 7 times in a row in one night before. Glug

2 Likes

Seething Shore is great. One of the few BGs that doesn’t require players to sit around defending a node that may never be attacked. Everyone is free to jump into the action. I feel the majority of complaints with the BG are simply poor map awareness and a lack of critical assessment.

Every BG has a random factor to it. In Arathi Basin you don’t know which node will be attacked, for example. The difference is that people are used to some shmuck standing around twiddling his thumbs for 5 minutes telling them where to go next with an in-chat call for help.

Seething Shore on the other hand requires far more attention, awareness, and the ability to assess whether one will be more valuable joining a team fight, trying to stall the opposition from capping a node where they have superior numbers, or veering off from the combat to try cap off nodes as they spawn, and the correct answer is constantly changing.

There’s really nothing more you can complain about with this BG. It promotes actually fighting against the other team, rewards awareness, and keeps the action going more so than any other BG.

1 Like

I like seething shore.

I don’t know why this BG bothers me so much. Visually it’s a cool map, it’s got a pretty cool theme, I laugh every time Nathanos roasts my team for being garbage (wish they added more of this).

I think it’s missing a cool gameplay hook that other maps have, like guaranteed beserker buffs in the CTF maps, or buff resets in the MOP BG. The buffs in Seething Shore are random and don’t seem to be placed in areas where they make big impacts on the game.

Overall it’s not terrible, but it seems a bit basic, needs some spice, something that’s fun to do even when the team isn’t performing great that might let me have an impact on the game.

I wanted to black list bgs again as we could in the past tbh lol.

3 Likes