Ana is the only sniper that can't run away

Was just thinking earlier, why is it that more Widowmaker/Hanzo’s don’t immediately die to their flankers like Ana seems to? Than I realized widowmaker has a grappling hook that not only lets her get to out of reach sniping positions, but lets her quickily and reliably escape. Hanzo not only has wall climb and now a lounge, but he also has the capability to punish his pursuers with storm arrows(or old scatter shot).

Why is it that Ana not only has the disadvantage in a close range engagement, but also has no ways of escaping? She doesn’t even have a means to get into sniping positions so flanking her is even easier than other snipers. Why is she not allowed to defend herself, get to high ground, nor allowed to run away? There is a reason why she has to play with the team, she can’t survive on her own against anyone competent. So playing her like a sniper ends up being almost suicide.

42 Likes

Ana should get a self-heal whenever she has healed teammates within the last 2 seconds.

8 Likes

Technically you have to land the sleep dart to escape with her. If you use that and the heal grenade, she can escape most solo dive scenarios. Obviously that requires nothing to be on cool-down and is perhaps the most skill based escape, but still, she can survive on her own.

18 Likes

She’s also the only healer without self-sustain.

Wheeee

34 Likes

Maybe give a slowing effect on her grenade on enemies, with a speed boost for friendlies?

4 Likes

WHAT?!?! Play with the team in a cooperative objective oriented team games?!?!

Those savages…

oh, and Bio Grenade. Use it.

3 Likes

Not all snipers need to have the same set of core mechanics… Ana is very different… she’s a healer, she has a sleep dart, etc. That said, I don’t play Ana and never had so I will not get into the debate of what Ana needs or not since I wouldn’t know… but perhaps there are other things that Ana could get to make her more viable and increase her survivability…

2 Likes

honestly. no sniper should be able to run away. not as well as widowmaker. am fine with hanzo mobility. its fine. pretty moderate.

widow on the other hand. well.

What are you talking about? Ana is a sniper healer, she should be able to support her team from a distance, not from 2 feet from their butt. Why even give her long range compability if she isn’t supposed to use it?

10 Likes

She can.

Use bio-grenade when attacked.

Learn to aim.

Problem solved.

1 Like

Please don’t talk about how to play a hero that you don’t play.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Ana’s Sleep Dart ability was intended to give her the ability to disengage.

93 Likes

Until someone wakes the enemy up instantly.

97 Likes

Please don’t tell me this is your excuse for her low mobility? it’s one of the factors that makes her F-Tier.

138 Likes

What if, and this is just spit ballin’, what if the sleep dart range was reduced dramatically but it had lock on aim? I feel like that would help it perform it’s role a bit better than it actually does.

16 Likes

But is it reliable though?

35 Likes

I understand this, but I believe that it is incredibly all or nothing for being basically her only reliable disengagement tool (using nade on yourself is a general waste given the impact it can have). Even Zen has multiple opportunities to outplay a flanker before the flanker kills him. With Ana, that’s it.

10 Likes

I like where you are going with this…

what if it was changed to a net…

4 Likes

Ana was designed to be a really mechanically intensive hero. And she rewards high skill, so of course sleep is hard. But she is a gold mine if you play her well.

6 Likes

I know you have recently given her rifle buffs, but are the devs currently considering anything to increase her current survivability other than the sleep dart?

1 Like