The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

Whose bright idea was to lump all these permissions under a single check box?

> New Permissions UI: https://i.imgur.com/v7WlrcH.png
    > Old Permissions UI: https://i.imgur.com/Fi55wGh.png

Now to give someone access to officer chat, or give them the ability to set their own public note, I have to give them the ability to delete people's messages, calendar events, notes, gmotd, kick people from voice chat, etc.

Thanks for taking more control away from the players....in favor for watered down solutions.

[Edit] For those not aware - you were previously able to control all these things individually, per rank. Feel free to vote on the question by giving it a like for Thursday's Q&A here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765747093#post-19
378 Likes
Seriously, what in the unholy hell is that?
Who on Earth thought this was a good idea?
84 Likes
I guess they figure an officer should be someone you trust with these sorts of things.
28 Likes
What the actual f?! That's such bs.
18 Likes
07/17/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Xiata
I guess they figure an officer should be someone you trust with these sorts of things.
And a lot of us used officer chat for our RP chat, not for officers. Or we'd have different levels of officers.

Why the hell would they take away options??
28 Likes

Trust is fine, but why would all the officers need to be able to edit guild info or change the MOTD. Some of these things are ADMIN things not officer things. Either way... why is it up to them? What's wrong with giving Guild Leaders the flexibility to do things as they want? Who actually asked for this?
28 Likes

Do we know what happens when we assume?
10 Likes
...Oh, I don't like this at all for so, so many reasons. This is a horrible change.
25 Likes
WTF WHY!?

This is a TERRIBLE change!
8 Likes
One that none of us even knew about. Wtf. No one asked for this. I want my separate permissions back, Blizzard.
13 Likes
Feel free to upvote / "like" my Q&A question on the topic - maybe we can get some attention come Thursday's Dev Q&A on twitch:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765747093#post-19
5 Likes
07/17/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Loendor

Trust is fine, but why would all the officers need to be able to edit guild info or change the MOTD. Some of these things are ADMIN things not officer things. Either way... why is it up to them? What's wrong with giving Guild Leaders the flexibility to do things as they want? Who actually asked for this?

I used to be an officer, and MOTD was allowed because if raid lead would be late or something he would call me and I would do the MOTD to say "Raid starting 1 hour late tonight" or something. Message of the day doesn't seem like a huge deal. Any trusted officer should know when to change it, and when not to. Like the officers I knew used to only change it when we were told to.
4 Likes
07/17/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Kaiyeri
And a lot of us used officer chat for our RP chat, not for officers. Or we'd have different levels of officers.

Why the hell would they take away options??

Because they can.
2 Likes
07/17/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Osiris
Feel free to upvote / "like" my Q&A question on the topic - maybe we can get some attention come Thursday's Dev Q&A on twitch:

Upvoted and quoted, because I'd ask the same.
3 Likes
This is ridiculous. Let people run their guilds how they want.
8 Likes
07/17/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Xiata

I used to be an officer, and MOTD was allowed because if raid lead would be late or something he would call me and I would do the MOTD to say "Raid starting 1 hour late tonight" or something. Message of the day doesn't seem like a huge deal. Any trusted officer should know when to change it, and when not to. Like the officers I knew used to only change it when we were told to.
And some of us had different officer levels where certain things were for admin purposes and certain officer ranks couldn't use those.

Not to mention the numerous RP guilds who used officer chat as their RP chat in order to leave guild chat as their out of character chat.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is on who should get what. No one asked for options to be consolidated and it's getting stupidly out of hand that they keep doing crap like this WITHOUT ANY GOOD REASON. Because there is absolutely no good reason out there for it.
7 Likes
07/17/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Xiata

I'm sure everyone "used" to be an officer. Your example is just one, of an almost unlimited amount of possible scenarios that can actually happen. What might not seem like a "huge" deal to you might be a large deal to many other guilds.

What I don't understand is the removal of our ability choose these permissions. If you were able to grant your officers this permission with the old system, why do you need them all grouped up with this new system? Why take the flexibility away? Why do we continuously dumb down this game and it's UI to the point where even those you are making it simpler for question your intentions.

The worst part about this is the fact that it's almost certainly irreversible and if they do revert this, we'll have to completely redo all our rank permissions again.

I just question whether or not anyone actually asked for this or if this is just another QoL changes that you assumed we all wanted?
2 Likes

They keep doing crap like this WITHOUT ANY GOOD REASON. Because there is absolutely no good reason out there for it.

Sadly - if we ever get a response, it will be something along the lines of:

"With the development of Communities we wanted to streamline the permissions across the two so there is continuity between Guilds and Communities."

In my opinion, they did this bone-headed thing because coding two different rule sets for guilds and communities was too much to handle. They are likely built on the same technology now, which doesn't support such individualized permissions.

Communities have: Owner / Leader --> Moderator --> Member
Guilds now effectively have: Guild Master / Leader --> Officer --> Member

I'm not trying to @!*# on you blizzard, but it's so incredibly frustrating as a player to constantly have control taken out of our hands. This guild UI was talked about extensively during Alpha as well.
3 Likes
07/17/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Osiris

>Blizzard Entertainment
>Listening to Community

lmao.

But I upvoted you anyway.
2 Likes
I mean, why even have as many ranks as we do if all of this stuff is just going to be consolidated so that I can't have different ranks with actual permissions to give them separately?

Or is that next on the list: consolidate guild ranks to "initiate, member, officer, guild master" and don't let us change the names either?

JFC Blizzard.
2 Likes