Loaning gold with interest

GD is not even close to a representation of WoW players my dude.

1 Like

Sure don’t see anyone talking about it in game either, and I’m not exactly an antisocial butterfly.

that’s the definition of anecdotal evidence. Check this, I head people talking about it, therefore there is demand.

So, you want them to develop and administer a complex banking system so the people who already have tons of money can make more with even less effort and tell themselves it’s got more depth? Am I understanding it correctly or did I miss something?

Close. People with less money could also use the capital to make more money. i think emulating something resembling an irl bank is kinda fun.

Anecdotal evidence is all you have.

You want something more substantial? You know what happens when the community wants its voice heard?

See the contrast between “muh gold loans” and the will of the community?

1 Like

Right, because helping the little guy get rich what the real-world banking system is known for.

1 Like

I don’t actually. Specially not the high elves one. i also specifically said NEITHER of us has ny idea what the community wants. the fact that you think most of WoW cares about High elves is evidence of that.

It can help the little guy too. Capitalism is pretty nice.

Lol okay.

This system isn’t happening, nor should it, and virtually nobody wants it.

I’m not gonna comment on it any longer. I’ve made my opinion known. :wave:

You made your opinion known like 15 replies ago bruh. And I hope it does happen, it’d be fun and I certainly would like it.

Ignoring the fact that Blizzard has a longstanding policy of not becoming involved in loot disputes, and has a similar policy in regards to enforcing player-to-player transactions…

I would imagine the odds of a borrower having anything the lender doesn’t also have are going to be small.

So… a co-signer, who would be responsible for paying the debt when the borrower flakes out.

I agree with Dreta. The more you flesh out this idea, the dumber it sounds, and it wasn’t a brilliant idea to begin with.

2 Likes

Not really. Again, my only idea here is a loan system. People asked for specifics so this is what i came up with. If Blizz actually spent resources designing it, I’m sure they could do a better job.

Here’s a another way of doing it, you give you gold to blizzard who then loans the gold out to players and gives you an interest. Then the players owe the gold to Blizz instead of other players. That’d require its own system in place. My point is if Blizz wanted it, they could come up with a good system.

I played a game back in the 90’s that was called Ceaser i think. You were building a town as part of the Roman Empire and fighting off Barbarians. Realizing early in the game that you could borrow money off the Empire i of course borrowed.

They kept sending me invoices and telling me i was late on payments, but i just laughed and kept going. A couple of hours in a Roman legion came along and killed all my plebs and knocked down all my buildings.

After calming down i started again, going through probably 100 generated maps until i found one that was just right. This one allowed me to build my city on top of a plateau. Then i borrowed and borrowed and borrowed putting all my money into the Military. My walls were so thick i could drive catapults up onto them. Every street was packed with soldiers all the way up to the back wall.

This time the Legion didn’t even make it to my walls. So Ceaser sent 2 Legions next time, they nearly got to my walls. Then 3 armies, 4, 5. The fifth army actually knocked down my front gates and died in front of my second gate.

Hi i’m a Gamer, can i borrow some money? Promise i’ll pay you back!

2 Likes

They don’t.

1 Like

lol That’d be awesome. So you borrow the gold from Blizz and if they can kill you they get it back, if not you keep it. I like it.

Unless you work for Blizz you know about as much as I do, what they want. All we know is they haven’t done it so far. I hope one day they decide to add this in.

I’m not advocating that we actually make a system like this, but if I were going to advocate it I might suggest:

1. An in game system now exists to “loan” gold to another player. You may loan as much gold as you’d like within a set of restrictions.
    • Newer accounts may not loan gold until they’ve reached 180 days of age.
    • Accounts may not loan, or borrow, gold if they have recently acquired a large amount of gold via mail, trading, or suspicious auction house activity.
    • Accounts may not loan gold unless they have been active for at least 120 days.
    • Accounts may not borrow gold unless they have been active for at least 120 days.
    • Accounts may not borrow gold if they have defaulted on a loan in the last year.
    • Accounts may not borrow gold if they have already borrowed gold that they have not paid off.
  2. A system of repayment will be put into place such that the borrower can choose how they repay within the time they’ve accepted.
    • A borrower may choose to pay back a loan by donating part, or all, of their looted gold drops, rewards, or income in general.
    • A borrower may choose to pay back part, or all, of a loan via direct payment via our new “Loan Interface.”
    • A lender may only request a time period of return. The lender can not dictate how the loan is repaid, only that it is repaid within a period of time.
  3. An agreement may only be modified if both parties agree. A lender may not change the terms of the agreement without the borrowers consent. This can be done through the “Loan Interface.”
    • If a borrower fails to pay back the loan within the allotted time the lender is compensated the remaining value of their loan without interest.*
    • In the event that a lender fails to pay back the loan they will have their gold rewards and loot docked at a rate of 10% until they’ve paid the Bank of Azeroth back.
    • In the event that the lender decides to vacate Azeroth proper all funds will continue to be deposited into their account.
    • In the event that a borrower decides to vacate Azeroth proper they will remain in a state of docked income across all of their battle.net accounts until such time that it is repaid.
  4. Failure to repay.
    • If you fail to repay your loan within the agreed upon time you shall be docked rewards and loot, solely in the form of gold, until you’ve repayed the loan. The Bank of Azeroth will repay your debt immediately and only gradually recover it from you.
    • In this event you will not be able to borrow money again until you have repaid the Bank of Azeroth.
    • Accounts under a single battle.net banner will all have their gold rewards and loot docked if one account is in debt. We understand that you carry many faces in our world but the Bank of Azeroth is dealing with the mind behind the face.
  5. Purpose and use of borrowed gold.
    • Only accounts in good standing may make large purchases with borrowed gold unless they have been active for greater than 120 days. The items they buy do not become battle.net account wide until the repayment is complete.
    • If you borrow gold on a “new” account, within the time limits set above, and purchase a Caravan Brutosaur, that mount will be locked to that account. It will not be available to your other accounts under the battle.net banner until you have paid it off.

Which would honestly be overly complicated for something that would provide only a very small value to a very small number of people.

1 Like

no real way to enforce repayment of loans or collection methods. you can foreclose someone’s WoW account for failure of gold payments. We’d need like an entire gold lending legal system set up if we want official gold loaning to be plausible.

Poor player: Takes loaned gold
Transfers gold to another character or account
Deletes original character that got the gold

No way to enforce it…no way for the “bank” to track it without Blizzard’s help…and there is no way they’d do that.

Sorry…completely idiotic idea.

4 Likes

This kind of existed on RP realms for a while, until people started taking advantage of the more serious RP Bankers, and scamming folks.

that’s fine, as long as we get a away to decapitate capitalist pigs

1 Like