Live Developer Q&A Thursday, January 24 – Submit Your Questions

Question: If you are sticking to your guns in regards to sharding and the mixing of servers together, why even bother having different servers at all? I constantly get shifted to different worlds, sometimes mid fight with a wq monster and usually into a gank. It seems like it would be a better solution with your current design ideas to just get it over with and make everything one mega server.

Have you considered bringing infested back as an affix, maybe in the prepatch post season. Where all the seasonal affixes are active instead of the normal affix rotation

you’re stil 2/8M lol…

1 Like

Island Expeditions - At the Moment there is to much focus on the race. I feel there is a need to slow the pace down a bit to give people more options on how they wish to progress through the scenario. also doubloons or lack there of as rewards from wins - plans to address this? other rewards seem in a decent spot - except mounts (extremely rare) maybe add to the doubloon vendor.

• there is also an exploited function in Island’s an that’s the kick feature. I know there’s the option to get a group of friends together and que up an run the mythic version or pvp version, but I don’t have the time or patience to find like minded people to run them with. this brings up the issue where people particularly people from the same server whispering each-other to formulate what their goals are and not actually communicating with the random player that filled the 3rd slot on their game plan. even if they weren’t communicating via whisper people are randomly kicking other people for no reason what so ever just cause… even if that random player is following along with the group an contributing to the progress in a reasonable amount, and not running off on their own, and winning the scenario, the people will sometimes be kicked just out of spite.
  • I also feel there should be some sort of formatted set of pre-formatted select-able discussion dialogs that players can send out at the preparation stage of the scenario to let others know what your goals are.
  • also eliminate the cool down on the group finder so players who are unlucky enough to get kicked from the group - where if the kick feature weren’t there to begin with this wouldn’t need to happen - so they aren’t penalized from queing just because they were randomly kicked out of the scenario.

Warfronts - Gear from darkshore is getting upgraded from the completion of each warfront an same for the quest associated with it an same with the world boss in the outdoor area of darkshore - any news on the gear from the rares of darkshore?

• Any more warfronts planned for future patches in this expansion, if so what zones are planned?
  • any news to share about the heroic versions of current warfronts and will heroic versions be included in any new warfonts going forward?
  • any news on a PvP version of the warfront system? giving people a chance to defend the warfronts.
  • any news about preformed group options for warfronts? are they going to be used for normal versions or just for the heroic versions of warfonts?

Professions - we’re getting the “tools of the trade” items in 8.1.5 here in the near future - Any plans to make professions useful? high end gear from professions are locked to that profession and not sell-able or trade-able an with the limited use of enchants on gear an rarity of gem slots on gear professions are pretty useless. the addition of the “tools of the trade” items in 8.1.5 is a start but we need much more.

Gear - several classes use the haste stat more then anything else, new raid tier gear has less haste available, also trinkets from warfronts - plans?

Game - Lag is bad in the game, specifically when groups of 15 or more are around such as in the BFA faction capitols, Incursion zones, and warfronts - plans to address this?

• I like the addition of the phased areas around the BFA mission tables - Any plans to add this to the warfront and expediton tables, and the areas previously set to dismount players such as the xmas tree, Timewalking vendor / quest areas?
  • Can we add the areas around the Island Expedition and warfront tables to the rested area?
  • Any news on the rework of the Guild UI and revert of the changes to guild permissions as mentioned in previous Q/A’s?
  • Any news on the Death Bug? the bug where if you die and corpse run back then try to resurrect, only to remain as a ghost / wisp (NE) with 0 health but aggressive NPC’s or players still able to attack you while in this altered state. it’s rather annoying - and has happened to me several times in various locations.

Vendors - Any plans to add PvP conquest vendors to the game? Also can we please get the doubloon vendor to also act as a repair vendor?

Quests - In the latest weekly quest, Incursion WQ’s didn’t count towards progress on the quest. There’s been bugs like this creep into the game from PTR to live - Any plans to address this going forward with regards to listening and acting on tester feedback?

Allied Races - There was discussion in a couple of Q/A’s past as well as @blizzcon about customization as well as what allied races are coming - Any news on this?

Azerite - we all know the items with the new 5th ring traits are from the content added in patch 8.1 as well as added to the emissaries - Plans for the future of azerite gear and the heart of azeroth?

World Quests - at the moment WQ’s are basically obsolete once you reach ilvl 340 except for reputation and emissaries - Plans to keep these viable in the future of this expansion? scaling up? more world bosses?

Forums- Replies to posts clutter up threads an usually - contextually - don’t flow well in regards to the conversation, an are double posted both in the reply section of a post ( typically collapsed ) as well as the thread itself - Plans to address this? Replies should only be within the reply section of a post with a # to show new replies. this will make threads shorter and keep the conversation cleaner with less confusion.

• I liked that Ion posted on the forums with the season 2 updates that was a huge step forward in terms of communications with the player-base - any plans on expanding on the disclosure of future updates to the game by the CM an development teams to the forums? It would be nice to see discussion on what’s in the works for updates or new features that may possibly be coming to the game, giving people a chance to give their feedback on what they think of the ideas as well as give feedback on what they want to see added or changed in the game.

Patches - 8.1.5 is on the PTR - any news on when it’s projected to hit? I hope it’s not waiting till the April 29 maintenance day as the patch has changes to children’s week in it.

• News on when 8.2 will hit the PTR as well as a look at what’s coming in future patches beyond 8.2?
  • with AK returning beginning again this week an continuing for 10 weeks (increments), an with the heart maxing out at level 50, are we going to be capped for the full 25 weeks of the new PvP / mythic+ season? I know quite a few players at the higher end (mythic raiders, mythic+ players) have their heart’s @ lvl’s that will be capped @50 before the 10th AK catch-up kicks in.

Can we also get answers to these questions on the thread itself even if these aren’t brought up during the Q/A. I understand there’s limited time in regards to what can be brought up in these Q/A’s, but to leave some of these questions unanswered, along with questions others want answers to detracts to our expectation on more communication from the teams working on the game(s) we all are fond of playing an support.

5 Likes

1,291 votes and 353 comments so far on Reddit

Will warriors be allowed to transmog 2handers into 1 handed weapons in 8.2? Many of us still strongly identify with single minded fury.

16 Likes

When will guild permissions and the “IsOfficer” box be addressed? We’ve been waiting for information since the pre-patch.

8 Likes

Arcane mage is probably the most underwhelming spec in the game right now. Can we look forward to some changes to make the gameplay more engaging?

I strongly agree with this poster on single minded fury. I stopped playing warrior after WoD gutted my favorite spec, fury. Single minded fury is a warrior identity and needs to make a comeback.

2 Likes

Can we please have more challenging solo content with cosmetic awards such as the mage tower, green fire, and the brawler’s guild rather than mindless zerg content like warfronts?

11 Likes

After all the Horde characters you’ve killed off over the years, to the point where two of the races don’t even have racial leaders anymore, why weren’t the Horde allowed to score a kill on either of the two Alliance heroes in the raid?

Both Jaina and the Gnome make it out safe and sound. Jaina in particular is perhaps the character that the Horde has a beef with the most out of the entire Alliance (Plus she’s ridiculously overpowered, no Horde leader can really compare power-wise), yet we were still denied the kill.

Why?

4 Likes

It’s really annoying to be required to stand next to a table to queue for Island Expeditions when I could be out doing other things. Can we get the option to queue from the LFG menu?

8 Likes

Can we also add a repair vendor by the table or make the doubloon vendor a repair vendor as well? also can we add the areas around the Island Expedition tables and the warfront tables a rested area?

1 Like

Mythic Plus has just wrapped up it’s first season, and I would like to think there is near universal consensus that Rogues and Demon Hunters are far and away the best classes for this content. While other specs and classes who bring similar benefits can lag behind.

Is there any plans to address the current class imbalance in Mythic+?

2 Likes

^^^^THIS^^^^

Our Guilds are STILL broken!

COMMUNICATE LIKE YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD!!!

We need to know if we’re wasting our time (and money) waiting on a fix for our guilds.

You said you’d get back to us once we “provided more feedback”

We have done so for well over SEVEN MONTHS!

Ignoring us with the silent treatment since then is not a solution.

(2050+ posts over 7 months say so)

See: The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes - #2663 by Druunah-ravencrest

Thank you.

7 Likes

Does the WoW team have any ideas on ways to make the entire world (all zones), not just the current expansion area, relevant to ongoing content for players at max level to experience?

For example, giving a daily/weekly quest from your faction leader/bulletin board to go hunt a spy from the opposite faction (that isn’t just marked on the map… we need to find them!), or in the spirit of the current expansion, the opposite faction is attacking outpost X while our attention is on something else… go help!

6 Likes

Can the Vicious War Riverbeast PLEASE get a /mountspecial animation? I’m really bummed it went the entire PVP season without one.

The Horde season one mount has one. >.>;

Why can’t some racials be off the GCD? Racial skills like the Nightborne Arcane Pulse being on the GCD means that it ACTIVELY hurts your dps to use in most scenarios and is therefore almost never used, as opposed to being a cool skill you press every 2 minutes or so off the GCD.

1 Like

When is the Alliance going to get a questline like the Horde’s How to Ptrain Your Pterrordax? We’re still down by a mount.

7 Likes

Do you plan on adding another way for us to use our War Resources? Perhaps something similar to the Order Resources vendor in Legion?

3 Likes

What compelled the team to move into a seasonal format? And how do you feel this is any different from where raids were released when patches came out?

4 Likes

Professions have no real significance, are we going to get more than just those profession items mentioned at blizzcon?

7 Likes