Please return granular control to guild rank permissions

In July 2018 Bliz introduced communities; an unintended result of this launch guild granular permissions controls were consolidated to just two ranks, essentially guild officer or not guild officer.

There were many threads that requested a return to the previous guild permissions functionality, which were close with a master thread started.

On July 25th 2018 a blue, Ythisens, extended the cap, and once again August 7th 2018; unfortunately Ythisens was one of the 800 Bliz employees that were culled and it seems they were the only one that was monitoring this thread.

In the WoW Live Developer Q&A w/ Ion Hazzikostas - August 23rd 2018 Ion said that they were looking for further feedback, he even stated “let us know what problems you are having and we do what we can to solve those problems”.

Well here we are; more than 3 years after the statement from Ion requesting further feedback, the thread has 4620 posts full of feedback without any further acknowledgement or a fix.

Here is one of my posts within the master thread that details my feedback and reasoning.

I just wonder now that Bliz seem to be “listening” to players once again that we can refocus them to finally resolve this issue.

2 Likes

Ever since WoD it is as if Blizzard has really lost their way with regard to what it takes to maintain communities in game.

The redo of the gulid permissions, the deleting the role (tank/heal/dps) forums, the trashing of professions and RPG elements in game…

Makes me wonder what these guys are/were smoking…[1]

[1] Ok, we all know they weren’t smoking, they were drinking and engaging in patently stupid behavior… :frowning:

1 Like