Brigitte Gameplay Q&A with Geoff Goodman

Jesus Christ /r/Overwatch is just going to be full of blue-marked posts today, since everyone needs to reap karma one response at a time.

5 Likes

when can i play brigitte on PC

Do you expect the release of Brigitte to do anything to help Mei’s woeful current state in the game?

If you believe it will, and if you are proven wrong (as I know you will be), will you finally reassess and look into some actual changes to make Mei a more viable hero than her current state in the meta which is to lift Orisa to the high-ground on Anubis before switching to literally any other hero?

The biggest thing is that Brigitte is the first hybrid tank/support that we’ve released. That alone has the potential to create entirely new comps or counter existing comps.

Specifically for Brigitte though, she also can be very difficult to rush down and quickly kill. She can be very defensive with her shield and high health/armor, but she also can shield bash any enemies that come too close and knock them away or potentially just kill them. Players have already discovered how scary she can be to fight against as a Tracer player, as an example.

I’m not sure she will completely upset the dive meta just by herself, but she should certainly help!

40 Likes

Mods would probably be deleting all the new threads but leave the one that has allthe responses after the session is finished

Thanks for taking the time, Geoff!

Of the underpowered characters(or those perceived as such) which ones are not simply victims of the meta and are being looked at for a buff beyond the list that was given before? Specifically Reaper and Bastion, but if there are any others that’d be nice to know.

3 Likes

Do you think a hero like this is healthy for the game with multiple low cooldown stun abilities?

With the arrival of LFG in the forums, do you have plans to put something like that directly into the game in the future?

1 Like

coughcoughDoomfistcough

She’s a victim of gargantuan cooldowns. What can you even do against winston with her mobility. By the time he wake up jump will be off cd already

She’s very weak to poke dive, how can she work around it?

We’re always trying to get ahead of the meta and trying to predict what shifts are likely to take place. In this case, we’re seeing some potential for a big tank meta on the horizon, especially with Moira just recently being released and how good she is at healing multiple tanks.

We’ve actually had this sort of meta game in the past and overall it seemed often seemed more frustrating for players than even dive can be sometimes. So as a direct answer to your question i’d certainly be worried about buffing heroes like Roadhog, Zarya, and even Ana until we can get a better gauge on how the game is shifting.

In fact, we’re looking at buffing Reaper and Mei in an upcoming PTR patch (hopefully this week) since they could use a boost and they could help with this meta if it comes around.

97 Likes

Shield bash is the only stun- five seconds is low yes. It is also a maximum range of 6m, for a short range character built around melee combat.
Edit: Someone else has a point here, actually. Would you be complaining about Doomfist if he had better punch hitboxes, since his low CD stun can also one shot?

Are there any concerns within the team about there being too much additional armor/shield, or too many barriers in the game with Brigitte? I feel it’s fine with her, but am worried about future heroes adding even more barriers and “health”.

Reaper buffs :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

15 Likes

pls reply to this if possible…will we have a chance of having a melee dps in future?

1 Like

There’s always a chance! I hope you aren’t allergic to cats…

64 Likes

How is Doomfist not a melee hero? That’s literally his whole shtick

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mei goodness!

Has her time finally come?!??

2 Likes