• Mei tips from Jardio feat KarQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOmqK70osY
• MILESTONE 1: Mei cryofreeze not removing Ana’s grenade debuff bug fixed!
• MILESTONE 2: Force gaming supports the cause to buff Mei: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwC6QVpn8Mk
• MILESTONE 3:
12/03/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Hey folks thanks for the well written post and great discussion. Please continue to use this thread for Mei discussion and we’ll monitor it. Cheers.
• MILESTONE 4: devs addressed Mei bugs: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7ko6mx/comment/drggjwu
• MILESTONE 5: Jeff in the last developer update said Mei is going to be buffed/adjusted soon
• MILESTONE 6:
02/07/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We’re always evaluating all of the heroes. We don’t have any D.Va adjustments in the works. She gets played a lot and is very powerful but she’s not on our list currently.
These heroes are on our balance list:
• MILESTONE 7: Jeff confirms what we ever thought: Mei needs only small buffs and a lot of bug fixes:
02/12/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We disagree that Mei needs a major rework. We are trying some improvements to her but they are not major.
• MILESTONE 8: Mei buffed on PTR, we need all your feedbacks
• MILESTONE 9: Devs are fixing the "favor the shooter issue"
• MILESTONE 10: Mei PTR buffs live
•MILESTONE 11: New Mei buffs Incoming
•MILESTONE 12: Teasy teasers…
•MILESTONE 13: check PTR…
•MILESTONE 14: fixed Moira’s orbs interaction with Mei’s wall. Also Mei is more viable and has a defined anti mobility role. Enjoy yourself
•MILESTONE 15: Mei got a beta-like revert in PTR: the icicles don’t have anymore the falloff.
•MILESTONE 16: The removal of icicle fallof it’s live. Enjoy yourself
•MILESTONE 17: 1 Year of Mei-Gathread
Personally i think she’s pretty ok, but i think her bugs keeps her from performing well as she should, because there are bugs (an example the cryofreeze favoring the shooter and the ultimate disappearing) that makes her pretty unreliable compared to other heroes. Also i even feel she could have another 1 or 2 buffs, but my fear is she becomes quite OP, if she should be buffed the buffs should achieve to make her more useful without lowering much her skill floor.
Many players ask for the cryofreeze partially reloading ammos, but i don’t think this is pretty much necessary, i think the cooldowns need a bit some tweaking to make abilities like cryofreeze and icewall more present and consistent.
At least fixing all her bugs would make her much more reliable to use and less frustrating to play.
P.S: trying the new version of Aim Hero, setting Mei’s projectile settings i felt like 0.4 seconds of cast time were too fast, setting 0.8s matched her icicle cast time. Is it really that long the icicle cast time?
This is a list of QoL buffs and buff suggestions that could make her better, not all should be implemented at once, but only the most useful and impactful
QoL changes and bugs that needs a fix ASAP
- Make Mei able to be healed by any healer in cryofreeze
This increases her possibilities of surviving, and makes the healers action more effective
- Make cryofreeze able to reload up to 100 ammos
This isn’t a really needed buff but many players finds it useful, because often you get in cryofreeze without ammos and you have no possibility of reacting to enemies. This change would make her less vulnerable
- Reduce cooldown if it’s not used completely (minimum cooldown 10 seconds)
_ This allows Mei to have this ability more often, giving the player more freedom to use the cryofreeze to stall, to block AoE enemy abilities or to have a brief moment in a fight_
- Make the blueprint visible to teammates (XodiaK’s idea: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759398558)
This allows more coordination (for example reaching highground easier, prevent wrong walls) and could help prevent “wall trolling”, because teammates can see where their Mei is placing a wall
- Reduce cooldown if it’s not used completely (minimum cooldown 7 seconds)
_ This allows to have faster the wall if it has been placed in a wrong place and to have it again faster if not used for the entire duration, making this ability able to shape the battlefield more often_
- Increase duration to 5 seconds *
_ It’s quite odd, but i’d like to have half second more of duration. IDK if this would be useful or not_
- After casting ultimate, it reloads completely the ammos
Having istantly 200 ammos allows to fight and get the maximum value from the ultimate, there is still skill to freeze multiple targets and headshot them. This contributes to make the ultimate more reliable
Bug that need fixes
I link here a thread that made Bloggerman about the Mei’s bugs:
Mei bugs with videos. (+ new bugs)
Here another 2 threads about all the bugs Mei still has:
Sometimes i even wonder if this thread is dead, it’s so quiet, probably even because the different time zone (i write from Italy).
Below there is some stuff from the anniversary of the thread.
Mei-Gathread Hall of Fame
Here’s a list of many notable players who supported the Mei-gathread in a particular way and gave many buff ideas:
- Bloggerman, as second most active player on the Mei-gathread and as bug tester
- Mack, long time supporter from the old forum
- WhyAlwaysMe, long time supporter from the old forum
- GhostofKafka, long time supporter from the old forum
- GMan, as admin of The cult of Mei, promoting on his page the Mei-gathread
- XodiaK, very active player on the old thread, he also proposed to make the wall blueprint visible to the teammates
- Jinxed, another great supporter
- Destian, a guy who did another thread alongside mine to explain why dive was popular and why Mei suffered from her state and that meta
- MoonBurst, long time supporter from the old forum
- MeiPureQT, long time supporter from the old forum
- JokerPenguin, long time supporter from the old forum
- Many other players who supported the Mei-Gathread
First ever Mei-Gathread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758685920?
Continuation of the Mei-Gathread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759356748? (i know this had a cringy title, but i didn’t edited the title in time before the migration)
XodiaK’s ice wall idea: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759398558
Destian’s explainations of relation between Mei and dive: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758668647
Bloggerman’s Mei bug list: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760696250
- The icicle falloff removal is totally deserved, and makes Mei more powerful without being OP, and as side effect the ultimate charges faster
- She needs fixes, mainly for cryofreeze and blizzard
(Sorry for the wall of text)