When an argument falls apart

at least someone finally admits to the real reason people don’t want optional personal loot.

3 Likes

Its not “admitting” to real reason, i just gave one fact that debunks the whole argument of “optional ploot doesnt effect anyone” that seems to be the all-star argument of every ploot advocate.

1 Like

People want all kind of things, plooters cant even agree on same setting and come up with one setting and rules. They just want ploot and often is very poorly define or explained what they really want or how it should work.

Often it looks like this:

GIVE US PLOOT!

How it should exactly work in detail with what rules?

IDK, ITS NOT MY PROBLEM JUST GET IT WORKING.

How long is the timer?

I can tell you that people will be very angry not being able to pick up item dropped next them them. Jah dropping next to your feet and you cant pick it up? Lol that will suck big time because in old loot system you absolutly could.

Lol why are you so fixed on refund thing. I am not the guy who is refunding games, i know what i am buying. If they add ploot, i can live it it, i dont care but my points are still valid and i dont think it will be good for the game.

Because most probable way how ploot could distribut items will be rolling your chance every time something drops. Shako drops and game randomly pick one who get it. Next item drops, again game randomly picking up someone who will get it. So it may very well happen that your loot will be zero several games in row and you will just see loot being distributed to others. Without any chance to actualy pick it up.

I dont get it. He cant pick up items… So how he can play the game? If there is such long delay i am confused how he can play it because diablo 2 require a lot of click Ing and fast reactions.

This doesnt seem to be issue in game with loot but more laziness on your part.

2 Likes

Agreed. It is not meant to! Would be bad if it did.
I didn’t say people go private games to get more gear, just that they lack an alternative to ploot, so they end up in private games instead.
Which is totally fine. It just means that the idea that those ploot games would all be taken from FFA is unlikely, and they player base split fear is irrational.

1 Like

one of plooters best counter-argument is to change the ploot rules whenever someone present an argument against it. This has led to ploot having 100 different suggestions on how it should be implemented, it would be interesting to gather all the ploot mechanics into one list and look how insane the mechanic would look like with all the conditions.

1 Like

All loot generation remain 100% unchanged. Including MF etc.
Items drop. Exact same items that would drop in FFA also drops here.

/roll 1-X, where X is players nearby (for example within XP range).
Some number is rolled.
The item drops on the ground. ALL players can see the item.
Only one person can loot it (the winner of the roll). For others, the item text/icon is greyed out to signify they can’t.
If the winner of the item picks it up, our example ends there.
If the winner does not pick up the item within X seconds, OR move away from the area where the item dropped (including leaving the game of course), the item turns FFA. It stops being greyed out for everyone else and they can all attempt to pick it up first as with FFA.

The end.

Let them be angry. Those people can just choose FFA instead. The purpose of having a toggle. Neither system is better than the other. Comes with different ways to make people annoyed. As I have seen plenty of people argue is important in a loot system. Both of these checks the box on that desire! Win/win.

No, the description above has been the same for months.

1 Like

Description that only you are supporting, go ask someone else and they give different answer. I dont think its very good suggestion since it has the support of one person while everyone else disagrees, dont you think.

Not true, but even if it was true that has nothing to do with the false claim you made about these systems changing all the time.

Also not true, however this isn’t a popularity contest, so yeah it can be, and is, a good suggestion. And it would be just as good if only one person supported it.

which is the current scenario for many players with personal loot at least you know it will end and you will get something.

the sound lets people know when items drop they don’t have to start looking till they hear it i don’t have that luxury so i can’t get distracted actually fighting it i want to get loot.

it really doesn’t though the game can be played in tons of ways some are very accessible to people with differing abilities. But it takes just a fraction of a second for someone else to be faster than you picking up loot.

1 Like

You have changed your system over-time aswell, other people have changed their system, so have the people who create joint-system in a debate on topics. Its not false claim.

How so? I don’t see how changing the loot system preserves the original experience.

It seems by your logic that you’d try to argue adding an option to toggle to third person shooting in a game designed for first person is somehow preserving the original experience. Can you imagine if they remastered Doom with the option for third person? It’s technically the same game, but a different experience.

I would look at the loot system the same way. Changing it or adding a toggle would detract from the original experience/design.

So if you’re going to depart from a game’s original design, there needs to be a good argument for it.

1 Like

And here I thought multiplayer was to work together as a team.

I have no problem playing with other people, I said I don’t want to play against them.

1 Like

Keeping the classic system around does.

Yes. But it would continue to be correct that the original game experience was also preserved.
Something else was just added alongside that preservation.

Totally fine to be against adding those other things though. Only saying that the original game would still be there. And very much should be there.

Add a No Changes server where no new changes are ever added, to ensure that the preservation won’t ever get hurt by anything Blizzard do in patches.
That server could even have the original ladder only items etc, reverting some of the changes already done in D2R.

I give you points for quite good description of how it would work. And thats rare thing to see on this forum. As you can see that system has basicly same outcome as FFA loot for you as individual. You can go 5 games in row and get nothing even when good items drops. I belive people who want ploot like you described would be unhappy as they would notice basicly zero change vs current state.

I didnt play other games with ploot but i would guess that design and mechanics of loot actualy count with ploot in game so drops are adjusted to work with that. Diablo 2 doesnt have anything like that. So its very possible that ploot under D2 would simply fail to give people enough items to see any kind of difference vs state where they can sometime pick up something before loot clickers

Game can be played in tons od way you say, but same goes for item drop. You can get it by many different ways. You dont need ploot for that. Are we seriously changing game just because there is certain tiny fraction if player base with disability not able to click items fast? Why make it easy for them and to everyone because of that? Should ve increase drop rate because there are players who cant play long enough?

If your brother has disability, do best what you can do for him. Teach him that public games are mostly done for leveling up and finishing quests. And private games for loot hunting. Or go play with him and others who want to share loot. You dont need game rule for that.

No. They are not supposed to see a difference in amount of loot. Same average as in FFA. It should not, in any way, be better than FFA. Just a different way that the loot is picked up.

Getting no more loot than in FFA is not a problem. It is very much by design.

1 Like

having a system that is accessible for people with differing abilities and yet still provides the same base line amount of items to the population while not removing the other system for people is not only a nice idea it is an idea any company should do in a modern game even if it is a remaster of an old game.

Not sure what you mean by “easy” items would still have the same drop chance and everyone in the game would still have a chance to get the drops.

I don’t think we need to increase drop rates but we could if you want that i suppose… seems like a bad idea to me though

the whole point is that public games should be for meeting new people and having a good time, unless you are playing a pvp game.

if private games are for loot hunting this change would affect you in 0 ways as it wouldn’t change how private games work for you even if they didn’t have a ffa option in the game which they would.

This is literally what this loot system allows. Allowing people who want to, to go play in a setting where they have agreed to share loot.
Something, as you correctly point out, people could already agree on before. Now there just is a convenient toggle for it on game creation.

Also known as a Quality of Life feature.

3 Likes

Then play another game, this one isn’t for you.
Why are people trying to change everything.
This isn’t your game, if you want a different game, then make one.

So dismissive.

If you can be rid of players so easily how is that any different than being rid of them in optional allocation games.

420 replies later and all I see is FFA advocates saying is our way or the highway we want to force people into a single option so we can get more than our fair share.

2 Likes

Fair share is whoever picks it up first. Everyone had the same opportunity. Click a mouse and pick it up…I’d you miss it or lose out, that’s a personal issue and an area for growth.

Besides, you add a Toggle and that’s the new PvP lobby. Filter by allocated loot or PLoot and just surf game to game insta hostile. Giving the PvPers a new game mode! PvP bounties!

Hostile Handshake would never come before Loot Allocation. And you’ll be lucky to get any loot mechanic changes. Don’t forget that.

1 Like