Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

blash I really couldn’t care less about your thoughts on the subject.

Also, I think the comment about it not happening can easily be taken as it will never happen in this game; however, they are analyzing the system itself to determine if it should be in D4 or not.

Either way, I’m exiting this thread. Just came in because it’s so incredibly stupid that these threads are still being made and the topic debated.

1 Like

Obviously you do.

Sure. If you disregarding that he explicitly said that it wont happen at launch, you can take it as literally anything.
That is how it is with most quotes. If i take your sentence, take 2 words out, it will suddenly say “i think it will happen in this game”. gasp
That is why you usually should take everything that the person has said on the subject (at least in close temporal proximity) into account.

Strange, why would he write that in a reply on the d2r subject? Seems quite far fetched.
Ofc, as stated above, if you disregard everything in the same context then it is pretty much a valid assumption.

Good choice. If you cannot bring anything constructive to the table, that should be your call. Maybe take a few of the life lessons on your way out. They might help you in further discussions in your life.

And who would be making all these threads? If only there was a way to find out. Oh, wait. There is! Let’s scroll up and see who made the thread. And who made all the other 100 ploot threads of the past 2 days.
gasp anti-plooters.

Definitely.
Discussion can’t really hurt though.

It seems incredibly unlikely that the changes Blizzard are discussing is about D4 however. Wouldn’t make much sense to make a fake survey about D2R.

I don’t mind discussions. I do mind them when it’s one discussion in 89172348190237412834 different threads and it’s constantly in my face anytime I visit here.

There needs to be some actual moderation here instead of automated moderation.

1 Like

Here’s a reality check:

"So a lot of people seem to disagree but few are arguing against my main point:
How will this work without completely changing the item quantity?

Let’s say you’re in an 8 player game. When you kill a unique monster in Diablo 2 there will ALWAYS be 1 item and 4 potions that drop. This is true on players 1 and players 8.

So now the question becomes…does this monster all of the sudden drop 8 items? Does he only drop 1 item and then randomly assign it to a single player for X time? I honestly can’t see either of these being good options. The first one just explodes the game with items and would massively change the economy and balance, while the second one would be miserable to play only getting 1/8 of the items that drop from these monsters (which are the juicy monsters that you want to farm). Also if I teleport forward and kill a group of monsters on my own, do I get that loot or is it still gonna just randomly assign to people behind? How miserable would it be to go kill a monster, see a griffon’s drop from a monster you killed but it’s greyed out because it’s not your loot. Then the level 10 player you were rushing comes walking up behind you and grabs it.

Maybe this sounds enjoyable to some of you guys but to me I just think it would be a terrible experience for Diablo 2. Like I said in the video, private games/group games with friends are best for looting and public games are best for experience. I still firmly believe this and I’ve yet to see any argument that changes my mind on it because nobody has really discussed how it could affect any of these issues above. They just say, “Well I had a guy with Pickit grab the Griffons in a Chaos game once so I want to be able to create a Personal loot game and it won’t affect you in your shared loot game.” Which just doesn’t address so many things."

Loot allocation is included above. You and the other posters here claiming what MrLlamaSC understands or doesn’t really need to drop their jealousy here and learn to read.

Indeed, that’s why:

1. They don’t read these forums;
  2. They speak directly to those who understand the game and the community (far better than you do); and
  3. They avoid persons so biased and blinded by their desperate need to win an argument that they persist in selectively quoting to try to dismiss someone’s argument.

For the many vaunted claims to intellectualism in this thread - they are sorely lacking.

6 Likes

Who said we dont understand the game?
We are more than one person. We have done the math.
We have listened to all of your “inputs” and the theory of ploot still stands firmly.

Your lack of proper counter arguments does not make us bad at understanding the game. It actually makes us better than you at understanding it.

And it doesnt even take long to come up with the biggest indication that you have not the slightest clue what is being talked about.
Just like Lamer you have not read anything on the topic and are simply shooting from your uninformed waist.

Absolutely pathetic.

How do you bring this statement and them talking to Lamer on ploot into the same basket?

I will even help you, because you seem in desperate need of an update what kind of ploot we are suggesting. Despite being a frequent member of the board and your vocal and arogant push against us:

All of this is 100% the same as in an FFA game. All of these scenarios happen there as well and just as frequently.
You can just replace the “not getting the loot” in your head with either “the other player clicks faster” or “the other player teleports and clicks faster”.

And chances are that you will end up with statistically the exact same loot. Because the chance of 1 of 8 players to grab your loot is actually 1/8. And the output of ploot is 1/8 as well.

Basic math, statistics and common sense.

1 Like

Agreeing with him, well said.

The few die hard plooters refuse to acknowledge that the “purists” may understand ploot better than they do, and see it as a ruinous addition to a pre-existing loot system.

They also love to bring up unfounded polls, and seek to cross reference them for qualitative points while omitting the fact that they don’t meet the 95% confidence interval needed to even do that much.

I’ve been sucked into circles with MicroRNA and blash for months, it’s always the same tired points and always circular.

There’s also this ridiculous notion that because you stream a game, or have a YouTube channel committed to a game, that somehow your opinion should be lessened. The reality is many of these “streamers” of D2 have put in thousands upon thousands of hours and know what makes the game great. If it’s to mirror the real world, individuals like LlamaSC should be given more weight to their opinions.

You’ll find it engaging and interesting to argue against plooters for a few months, then when you see the same tired disproven remarks you’ll mute them like I did and move on.

4 Likes

Lol as much of a “reply” as I expected. “bUt iTs a rEmAsTeR” went out the window when they put ladder items and pandemonium on non ladder.

3 Likes

Subjective opinions will never be facts. You can argue anything you want about ploot vs FFA in d2… bottom line is it’s still your opinion an will always be subjective. An there’s enough games who are unoriginal an all copy each other with personal loot or allocation. They don’t need to change D2 which defined a genre to be more unoriginal an boring like all the other competitor games out there. Those games already fill that niche.

Obviously.

They dont though. None of those games are like D2, ploot or not.

Your opinion. Not a fact. Those games are played out, an people obviously want something different or we wouldn’t be having this conversation. People came back to D2 for a reason.

Eh, it is quite factual that no other game are just like D2. Even if D2 had Ploot. That cant really be an opinion.
And you then say people came back to D2 because they want something different, which seems to underscore my claim that D2 is different.

1 Like

It can and it is.

It’s different in it’s current state. Not in the state you wish it to be based on your opinions.

:woman_shrugging:
If people can’t even accept the difference between fact and opinion, it sure ain’t easy.

1 Like

Your entire comment is a opinion which you’re attempting to pass as a fact. Of course it won’t be easy when you yourself are doing it.

I am basically saying that 1 != 2, and you say it is an opinion…

Diablo 2 is not PoE. Again, fact, not opinion.

2 Likes

No if you said ’ 1 != 2" you would of said that to begin with. What you said is… D2 with Ploot is still D2. Which is an opinion of yours which you are attempting to pass as a fact.

That is not what I said.

I said D2 without Ploot, or with Ploot, are both different from other games.
Guess you could say; D2 without ploot != D2 with ploot != Any other game

1 Like

That would be awesome, yet we are waiting to see any indication for it to be true.

That’s how things go when someone is playing tone-deaf and repeating their points for months. (hint: that someone is you)

No, your opinion should not be lessened.
But you should be measured by the quality of your argument.
We have shown quite detailed the obvious and glaring problems that Lamers commentary has.
Since you fail to do your homework as well, here are some courtesy links for you:

Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT" - #26 by MicroRNA-1507

Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT" - #135 by blash-1917

And because these problems are so fundamental, his opinion should be taken with the biggest spoon of salt.
The main problem i see here is not that he is yet another uninformed, super-biased, full-of-himself d2-purist. We have alot of them already, one more doesnt make much of a difference.
The problem is that he is a community personality with responsibility for his followers. It should be his best interest to build a healthy and well-informed community.
I once again will make the comparison with day9. That guy was a starcraft-genius. He knew every strategy, every mindgame, every mindset and was able to put himself in anyones shoes.
He was able to read games and discuss strategies. And most importantly he was able to communicate it over his stream. And while doing so, he also gave valuable insights that spanned over far more than just a video game.
That streamer clearly grew over the years and became a personality.

Lamer is still a kid sitting in the basement of his parents. Crying about leechers and casuals while not even being able to run google for the most basic search for the topic he is about to rant over.
They are not even in the same universe of commentary.
It is an absolute joke and that grown people like you and others do not see what his video on this topic is. A disservice to them and all his listeners.

Having no impact on the economy is not subjective but a measurable and calculatable effect.

You are saying it is “his opinion” that games that are not D2 are not D2? Seriously?

2 Likes