A toxic topic that's breaking ToS, please shut it down

Nah, everyone do that, combined. And they already decided.

1 Like

What? Ploot?
Rod said if they impliment it, it will be optional. He’s also said it’s not happening. You can take whichever side you want of this and use it as evidence to support your position. So just using half of what he said to support it never happening, therefore discussion should be shut down – well that’s silly.

I could just as easily say that he said if it’s implemented it will be optional, and that is proof they have plans.

The community is going to discuss what the community wants to discuss. If you don’t like it, that’s too bad.

“Toxic” is a dumb word too. This is a good example. You just label something you don’t like as toxic so it can be censored. Nonsense.

1 Like

Even though they said it won’t be implemented. They also said that they allow it to be discussed. If it were that toxic and a topic that either VV or Blizz didn’t want us to talk about then they would let us know then shutdown all threads discussing it, it is that simple.

So while we are allowed to talk about it we shall do so. With both sides telling of the pros and cons of ploot. Those that want it will have their say and those that don’t will have their say.

Although I still say that it already exists in the game. The problem is that players don’t like the idea that multiplayer public games are not the most efficient way to get geared up. They know like the rest of us solo mf runs are the most efficient way to get geared up. They want to make D2R more like D3 in that matter. Where players feel forced to group up to gear better gear and experience. Where solo isn’t really good for anything at all.

They want to ruin the authenticity of the original D2 experience. And maybe ruin D2R itself because of hatred for D2.

This is just not true at all and a fabrication of your imagination. Just presuppositions. Personally, I do not want to compete with scripts anymore. I want to have the option to have games that I do not have to worry about Pickit scripts, and be able to play public games. This has nothing to do with Diablo 3 or any of these things that you wish were true about your opposition. I despise D3’s system and itemization. These mischaracterizations are getting really old.

2 Likes

The thread clearly is a ploot debate.
And it is again a anti-ploot thread.
The second one of the op and the thousands one of you and your friend from the anti-ploot-not-listening-to-any-argument side.

Read the thread titles and check who the OPs are. Then you know who is spamming the board.
We are just reducing the false information that some forum members are putting out.

3 Likes

You obviously are not even able to comprehend a TLDR version.

Read this 5 times.
Come back when you understood it.

Then we can talk.

Sounds to me more as if they didnt see a way on how to add them into the game back then.
Maybe later they saw a way. Sometimes you just have to sleep over things.

But then again i didnt play that game, so maybe they didnt figure out a good way to add them afterall.

Anyways, you are allowed to change your mind as a dev. That is part of the design process.

You are such an obtuse person.

No increased drop rates. Do you comprehend these 4 words?

Unless of course you actually read what virtually everybody who posts pro-ploot on this forum says.
Again: No increased drop rates

We are aware of that and we are fine with that.
It is the exact same thing in FFA. Stop making your problem our problem.
You are the one who thinks drop rates are too low.

Literally all your 3 first assumptions are baseless. And you would know it if you had comprehended anything that we said about ploot so far. Let alone the TLDR version.

2 Likes

They are not classified as spam due to ones stance on the topic, but due to the fact that it is the same exact topic that is being discussed in each and every one of those topics. Instead of continuing to discuss the topic in 1 topic, amassing arguments there, 5 topics are being made per day by 5 different people, just because said people felt like they didn’t get the attention they deserved in the other topics, thus compulsively created an additional platform from which to shout. And I have read through these people’s posts to check if they have indeed posted in another topic like it before, and they have, so I’m not being presumptuous, creating duplicate topics is literally what they do to gain attention. And if I want to participate in this topic, then I have to copy and paste everything I’ve written in other topics into these new topics, as well, forcing me to spam in order to keep up with their spam. If a minimum of 5 topics have been made per day since April, then I’ve had to mute 1000 topics, and put equally many people on ignore. That’s not efficient. Now, everyone has to do that, all because somebody didn’t bother to use the search function on the website, and because no actual moderators are in place to prevent the ludicrous cirque du soleil of attention shores. Yes, shores.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab7NyKw0VYQ

Discuss in what context? This threads are just filled toxicity. Blizzard is well aware some people want personal-loot and other changes. What more is there to say? It’s just become a battleground, an unnecessary blame game where nobody is even responsible.

1 Like

You also said you want an honest debate in the other thread.
But it quickly showed that you just wanted to post your opinion and not read others.

This one is yet another one. You say that you think both sides are to blame, but in reality you just want to shut down the topic, because you cannot do it with your lousy arguments.

And there is zero evidence for that claim.
Unless of course you count the devs commenting on it.

And what did they say? Oh, right. “If we had known about instanced loot back then, we would have strongly considered it.”

As with most things in life, it depends on the people involved.
There are constructive people on either side.

And there are those who prefer to be toxic. Unfortuantely the distribution of that particular forum dweller is very uneven.

Rebuttals to misconception/purposeful misinformation so others might understand that it’s a great thing to support.

1 Like

Only some of it is toxicity. We should not let a small minority ruin it for everyone here.

We are still discussing and explaining on how to implement it, what that means, and whether there are any issues with it.

Nope, they ran into exactly the problems they mentioned in that video there. The difference was they were running out of things to add to charge money for.

They have gone through several test phases of subs… all have been garbage. Thankfully I don’t really play the game anymore myself because Wargaming is such a terrible company.

At least they are finally getting some real backlash recently. Their garbage PR and greed is finally catching up to them.

Because every now and then a person who is new to the debate joins the forum.
When every thread is filled with the “go back to d3”, “ploot leads to increased drop rates and inflation” spam, then they might think it is correct.
It is important that we dont let these false assumptions and in many cases blatant lies stand unchallenged.

These things are won one soul at a time.
And we already convinced plenty people with good arguments. While the other side is just working hard at reducing the communities footprint.

Having seen many good game designers at work over the years, i firmly believe that they simply lacked a good idea.
And that idea could have materialized under better conditions.

Fans wanted it, the devs tried. But creativity is not an assembly line. You just cannot force certain things.
I didnt play that game, but i would imagine that subs would require a whole lot of new subsystems to be added. Sonar, schleichpfad, oxygen, torpedos and what not.

But given the way subs were used in the real war, i also think that it might lead to a totally different game. Their role is to sit and wait in silence and then deal massive damage.
But there are similar classes in other games such as popular MMORPGs or strategy games. They all have established balance somehow. With firerate, damage caps and other things.

1 Like

Takes 2 to argue, and not all the threads have been started by people who want personal loot. Banning only people who post in favor of it is rather biased.

Whether or not you can see the reply doesn’t really matter, since the point of said reply was to clarify Rod’s comments. You’re biased, so all you post is “Rod said no” rather than acknowledge that what he actually said was “no, not right now.”

Even the OP acknowledged that.

Drop rates weren’t increased because of personal loot, though.

The best part about options is that you’d still be able to enjoy the game as it is now.

While true, there’s still some variance.

Grim Dawn’s drop rates feel a lot better, for example. Plus that game has a pretty decent all-around crafting system.

I see. So if I were to point out to you that a lot of these threads were made by people who are against personal loot, what does that do to your argument?

Exaggerate much?

1 Like

I don’t care. Just stop spamming.

I said “if a minimum of 5 topics”.
5 topics * days in a month * months = 1050 topics.
I rounded down.
You want 3 topics a day?
3 * 30 * 7 = 630 topics
2 topics a day?
2 * 30 * 7 = 420 topics

2 Likes

Of course, but half of it is just people being toxic. After all this time I still only see the same handful of people pushing really hard. If you look at thread replies 4 or 5 people will make up the lions share of posts. Immediately three very familiar people replied to me…

There should have been a “mega thread” of some sort, instead of constant spam.

That is just the nature of these things. We are arguing for a more or less casual point. So many people are not that involved. Also some might be intimidated by the toxicity.

There is a difference between playing the game for 20 years and being called a “noob” for arguing a different view and playing the game for 5 years and being called that. Some people might actually be less inclined to post because of that kind of bullying.

Also not everyone might be well-versed and not want to go into a verbal battle below their standard (it matters less for some).
It just comes down to how invested people are in pushing back and how well mobilization is being done.

Anti-ploot has practically all major streamers, some dubious trade forum and likely some discord channels pushing their views.
We have to rely on our arguments and do not have a network to draw supporters from.

Still we are a bit more than 4-5 people. Even if you only count the active ones.
And the biggest crowd of ploot supporters is yet to arrive on launch anyway.

There have been 2 quite recent threads with 1k+++ posts.
We didnt open any significant number of new threads on it. It is majorily “explain me this (but i wont listen)” or “shut this down” or “it will never happen”. It is very negative and very campaign-ish.

As if there were an entity that would benefit from keeping FFA as the only system and would run twitter spam campaigns coordinated by one well-known forum. tinfoil hat

1 Like

They implemented them as basically better destroyers. They can do 30 knots submerged with 90 knot torpedoes. You can sink enemy ships with no counterplay because you simply don’t get detected. Then you can bugger off before the enemy team has a chance to do anything.

It is unbalanced in the extreme.
It’s basically what the guy said so many years ago, you can’t balance subs in a ww2 game built around surface engagements. It simply isn’t possible.
Also I know you are not up to speed with what those devs have been up to, but please don’t try to defend them. They have broken their game so badly and pissed off their fans and community contributors so many times that it is insane. Overpowered premiums are everywhere. They don’t listen to fans except for when they think they can make a profit off it, and even then they do it in the most asinine way that still ends up annoying fans anyway.

They released this into RANKED gameplay for TESTING. They test new mechanics in their RANKED GAMES because random battles are where the whales usually end up. It’s insanity.

1 Like

That is not toxicity though. Just a few friendly faces trying to explain things.

Yep.