9/16/2021 Edit: Loot Systems Updates/Clarification

Many think that Popeye’s chicken sandwich is superior to their fried chicken that tends to be more greasy. A similar analogy holds true for D2R. People differ in their opinions. Some think X is superior, some think Y. Blizzard can offer a choice of X or Y to make both happy customers. Win-win

2 Likes

Hehehe everyone knows what your trying to do. You lost buddy.

2 Likes

I usually dont agree with attempts of trying to “please everyone” in games, as it leads nowhere good. But when it comes to smaller QoL changes like these, yes, definitely. Might as well try to encourage more people to try MP.

1 Like

What is handholding about it?
What is easier about it?
And what is asocial about it?

Please mark what aspects make either of these statements true.

When was your last “social” public game in d2?
And what would ploot change about that?

Same thing happens in ploot.

Why? If you would care to read what we are suggesting, we are suggesting the following:

What is handholding about agreeing with 7 other players to share loot?
Why would someone interpret an agreement between 8 players that does not impact that person as “showing the middle finger”?

And what would change about that with ploot?
Do their brains behave differently because of it?

And it still is in “public ffa games”.
In “public ploot games” the 8 players agree to share the loot.

Easier: the systems needs to hand out loot for you to make it possible for you to pick it up.

Agreed - if the item is greyed out, you can still talk about it.

But again …

Why make such a complex system, for something that should just be as easy as possible?
Loot is dropped - anybody can pick it up.
Why add 10 more steps for the server to go through ?

1 Like

It is only one extra step. Loot is determined like before. Each drop is assigned to a player to pick up. Loot is dropped.

1 Like

Why would you set the ploot timer to 10 seconds when you want a fast game?
Do you also drive in first gear when you want to hit 300 mph?
Some settings are just not meant for your desired goal.

But it is not sharing the loot … it is just a random give out from the system.
If baal drops 7 items, 1 random person doesn’t even have a chance of getting one item. In FFA, each person have a chance of getting all 7 items.

I think a 2-3 second timer would be more than enough.

Based on the system you want, there is an x seconds before other people can pick up the loot that is not given to them?

8 player FFA game, Baal drops 7 items. At least 1 player will collect nothing.

It is not what you see but what you collect. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

But each person get a chance of getting all 7 items - instead of one random person never get the possibility to get any.

Are you sure that it was the social part?
Let me give you some other reasons:

1. know what you get, better have someone good on your friendlist than a random leecher or “noob”
  2. friends are inactive, maybe your friend was active last season but actually stopped playing the game because it was too old. So you actually needed to refill
  3. maybe some friends got banned?o.O
  4. maybe some friends are on a lower/higher level than you and do not want/you do not want to play with each other
  5. maybe you are fishing for stronger players who are willing to push you

Many reasons around to add friends in d2. Not all of them are very social ones.

unless someone is using a hack
or someone has a bad lag all of a suddon
or differently abled people
or people actually doing the work to kill the boss and not just spam click on the screen to get an item.
or people positioned farther away.
but other than those and some others i am sure i missed yep everyone has the exact same chance…

lol but if one person actually does get all 7 that means 7 people got nothing not just 1 so you would rather make it be a worse time for 7 people rather than 1

I’m gonna stop now, this is nonsense.

I see the same 5 people spamming on about wanting ploot, but seeing 20+ saying they don’t want it.
Even Rod said it will not be added, and luckily for that.

See you all in hell :wink:

1 Like

That is not easier. It is an agreement between me and my 7 allies that i will get 1/8 of the loot and they get 1/8 of the loot.
That is a low risk, low reward tradeoff compared to a high risk, high reward tradeoff in FFA.
Not easier, just different.

You’d be surprised how many more steps the server is able to do without you noticing. :wink:

It is not complex. The rules literally fit on a napkin (without reducing font size).
And the reason why is because ~40% of the player base would love to play that way.

FFA does not work like that. It depends on several factors like differential ping, melee vs. ranged, you willingness to break immersion even if everyone is legitimate player.

Factor in bots, pickit cheat, macros users, auto-clickers than legitimate are even worse off.

thank you i was getting tired of your nonsense acting like people got the same chance at stuff.

None the less i hope you have a good day and enjoy d2r when it comes out.