Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

An option that was and is available in the current installment of d2 lod :slight_smile: — in a similar vein I am sad about the loss of modding.

But I’m not into the idea of adding new features that alter the existing game play.

1 Like

Unless of course you read the posts where the lead designer said:

We discussed it

[IF…] We would add it as an option

And the fact that they already sent out surveys on the matter.

If you ever developed a software in an “agile” way, then you would know that the first release is the “most viable product”. So a product with less features, which works.
Future iterations will get optional content or more elaborate content.
Ploot is a perfect fit for such a late addition.

They gave alot more letters. Still “purists” are cherry picking the ones they like quite often.

I am planning to play with alot of people on this forum (both sides of the argument), but these contacts usually are not born in arrogance but in understanding and/or honest discourse.
You still have a long way to go for that. I am not ruling it out, but i would not bet on it.

Anyways, good luck with your paladin.

Machine learning is not continous learning.
And do not get fooled by the I in AI.

Also, what do they have to do with anything that was said?

It is more about it in the sense of providing a better way for some players to enjoy the game without impacting the other part of the community.
What changes for you?

Nope. Me and 7 other people want ploot to split our outcome fairly.
No overregulation. Just a mutual agreement amongst 8 players.

And the players do decide. That is basically the core idea about it.

Yes, it is a slot machine. That was my point. Why cant you just agree with something that you agree with?

Keep telling yourself ploot will come and maybe you’ll be right! In d4

1 Like

Ok how about a real question.

How do you think ploot should intersect with individual MF?

What does it alter?
Cant i already agree with 7 other players to share the loot? Is that not already happening?

Why would it break your back to add an option for me and others to find like-minded players?
You said multiple times that you do not enjoy to play with us anyway. So why do you want to force us to play with you?

Same as in FFA. KB of lasthit.

I’d rather just choose to split than click a checkbox. I’m playing with friends too and we will share the items as we all rolling specific classes.

I don’t want to have to filter through games to join based on an option that wasn’t originally in the game

Why? What do you have to gain by taking QoL from me?

So you are playing with ploot already. Good to know. So why are you allowed to do that and you want others not to do it?
Why is it not “free-handout” or “leeching” in your case?

You wont have to.
There is a “game creation” tab under options where you could opt-in/opt-out of ploot and never see it if you dont opt-in.

You would not have to filter through anything. Blizzard already has the code done for D2R to auto-filter games.

Too bad it’s not an option though. Wow how will people manage without a checkbox to solve for “d2 equality”

They have managed for 21 years. Still it would be nice to get some QoL now that we have a reiteration of the game.

You couldn’t cry enough about auto allocated loot so you linked someone else crying about it. What ever happened to people like you saying “VV/Blizz said it isn’t happening so stop asking for it”.

If it isn’t happening, as you claim, then who cares if people ask for it? Why make yet another post crying about how you won’t be able to leech loot during Ball runs again?

1 Like

https://www.engadget.com/2019-01-24-deepmind-ai-starcraft-ii-demonstration-tlo-mana.html

“it is still restricted in view by the fog of war”

1 Like

Sure, but

While it is still restricted in view by the fog of war, it essentially sees the map entirely zoomed out. That means it can process a bit of information about visible enemy units as well as its own base and doesn’t have to split its time to focus on different parts of the map the same way a human player would have to.

Not exactly an equal fight.
That doesn’t make DeepMind unimpressive by any means.

i agree but that is not map hacks it’s more being able to read a mini map really well.

Also as it is just a computer program it could check every part of the map multiple times a second anyway so it wouldn’t be much different in execution to be able to see the whole map at once or have to program in tons of code to give it a grid of 1 screen size chunks that it has to scan constantly it’s just must easier not to have to code in the grid stuff.

ROFL. you think the most popular D2 streamer on the internet, who they personally told a year before release, who they personally invited to be the interviewer of the D2R devs, who they THANKED for his detailed survey’s and said they were going to use them to make changes… you think somehow its all BS and they are pretending to take his and his followers advice? You’re living in lala land my dude. They 100% take his advice into account on the serious changes and im betting he’s one of the main reasons why we didn’t get ploot and hopefully never will.

You’d have to ask Llama himself for literal proof since he said during the announcement trailer stream that he’s known for over 6 months and the devs personally sent him some demo’s and wanted his opinion. Just more proof they DO take what he says into account. lol

2 Likes

Your right, ploot in D2 would actually change how the game is played or how the game plays out. Theres no denying that. Note that im not saying it wouldnt be possible to add ploot to D2R, it just wouldnt be the same game anymore, literally.

Also having it as an option will create inevitable discrepancy in reagrds to game availability. I can easily imagine how certain type games would only be available in one or other. Then its no longer an “option”.

It actually does make sense, your generalizing it way too much. You have made a conscious purchase decision as a consumer, but turns out your not happy with the product you bought so you want to change it to match your personal needs. You buy a 2 seat sportscar but you have 3 kids so they cant fit in the car, now you go to the manufacturer demanding for them to add seats because your kids cant fit in the car.

1 Like

It still does not mean you dont like the car.
Some robe can solve the issue though.

That would be one of the biggest jokes of all. Because he clearly has no idea what ploot is. And is extremly partisan, manipulative and dellusional (all his “good-old-times”-examples are essentially ploot) on the subject.

Sending demos to well known streamers is called “marketing”.

Not really. considering he’s directly told the devs not to include ploot and he said they reassured him it wasn’t happening months ago. It doesn’t even matter if he didn’t use your specific examples, ploot is ploot and should not come to diablo 2 . period.

They sent it months before the announcement and made him sign an NDA genius.

3 Likes